Whatcom Community College Reviews

During the time I have been studying at Whatcom Community College, I really enjoy the excellent professors, advisors, and staffs who have helped me to deal with my academic lessons, student life as an international student, and my transferring plan to a four-year university. The campus and environment around campus are safe and peaceful even though the city is small and does not have a lot of fun places to go to. However, food in the cafeteria is expensive and not very tasty, which makes me never try to buy something there. Last but not least, the school does not have any dorm, so it hires local apartment for students to rent, which is more expensive than home-stays they offers for international students. That is why I am still living with a host family after two years starting to study here.
Whatcom Community College feels like a bus stop--you're really only there to get somewhere else. Because of this, most people don't really socialize or try to make new friends there, so there's no real sense of community there. Saying that, the classes there are mostly fun and the professors know what they're saying and are always easy to reach out to for help. Whatcom is a good starting place for your career and education.
I wish that Whatcom Community College had more resources for their students to get hep or advice on their courses. A few of instructors seemed like they had no time for their students as well. It takes a lot of hard work to complete a course there with a passing grade.
Start Your Review of Whatcom Community College
Whatcom Community College encourages student involvement, student leadership, student lead conferences, diversity, and self expression. They have fantastic teachers, who respond to emails efficiently and are always welcoming. The environment on campus and in classes is very safe. Teachers try to engage students rather than lecture all of the time. Teachers are always encouraging discussions. The campus has great resources for students like tutoring, bus passes, computer labs, lots of studying areas, smoking areas, counseling, and lots transfer or job fairs. They have a lot of fun events as well as informational events held on campus. It's just a fantastic school.
Whatcom Community College has treated me very well. The quality of academics has been high, and if you take the time to look for good professors, you can find some very good ones. I'm a transfer student who will be getting my AA as a direct transfer degree, which means my credits will all transfer as a package to the university in Oregon I will be attending. I'm a big fan of transferring from a community college to a university if you want to save money on a college education. Whatcom definitely delivers in that respect, with a worthwhile education at a much lower cost than two years at a university. If you live in Northwest Washington, or are interested in a quality community college that is located in the same city as a university (Western Washington University), then this could be the school for you.
I have had a good experience with classes--the teachers were great and I felt like I understood everything--however the registration office is a nightmare. They made me feel like a nuisance, and overall were very difficult and condescending to work with.
I loved Whatcom Community College, but getting involved was somewhat difficult. There didn't seem to be very many options.
I really enjoyed my year at Whatcom Community College. Their admissions process was a breeze and they seem to have an efficient system running. All of the teachers I had were great and scheduling classes was very simple. I really appreciated the templates they had available online to help students plan their degrees and it makes it so that students can easily see if they have met all of their degree requirements. Their academic advisers were also a great help to me and truly know what they are doing Overall this is a great school.
Whatcom Community College is a great place to thrive because of the caring faculty members. They truly try their best to help you if you are struggling. Whatcom also offers Math and English learning centers where you can drop in at anytime and get help from tutors on any assignment. The only thing I would like to see change is the weather! It is always so rainy in the Pacific Northwest.
The professors are there for your success. The library is the place on campus to do all your studies. In the next year or two, there will also be a new student center made specifically for students.
My experience at Whatcom Community College was really good, I graduated with an Associate degree and now I am back to get my transfer degree and I am more than happy to do so at this college, because I had all the resources and help I needed to graduate the first time and now I also have a lot of support from the counselors and instructors that work at this college. Great place to meet new people from many different cultures, and has a diversity of clubs and groups support students.
Whatcom Community College is a very good 2-year school. It offers excellent academics that transfer very well to most any 4-year institutions and the campus is attractive and well organized. The city of Bellingham is a great place to live and work and the surrounding environment provides ocean, lakes, and mountains with all the outdoor experiences a person could want.
The teachers in my experience have all been phenomenal. They all care deeply about the success of their students. The campus is also beautiful. I would stay longer if I could.
The teachers are all very educated and knowledgeable at Whatcom. The classes are small and personal, I get to interact with other students and teachers with ease. The campus is convenient and quite comfortable.
Whatcom is exactly what you would want in a community college. Not only is it cheap it is also high quality. there are plenty of students that come down from western Washington university in order to take classes at the community college because of the attention you can get from the teacher with smaller class sizes.
The teachers are amazing, they really care about the students and their education. The surrounding area around the campus is very exciting and lots of cool scenery to see while you are not at school. They have very good resources if you are struggling with classes.
I feel Like I am Part of a great community. Any time I have had a personal or life issue come up I have people to turn to who really listen and care. I feel Safe on my campus. Diversity is important and this is a diverse campus.
Start Your Review of Whatcom Community College
The atmosphere and professors are great, however there is not too much extra curricular involvement and better deli selection would be great.
I've taken classes at a few different colleges, and the support from Whatcom is incredible. You are not alone trying to figure out location or your classes, you have a team online and in person randomly checking in and they respond quickly to questions and concerns.
Whatcom community college has a small but beautiful campus and is right in the heart of beautiful bellingham Washington. Whatcom offers a good variety of classes with great professors who are very available to help you. There are small class sizes and a lot of student activities. The building are all well kept and the athletic building is almost brand new. There is a variety of sports teams and clubs. Overall a very good school.