Westmont College is ...
NAIA Division I
Golden State Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.24 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.24 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.20 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.37 responses
After Westmont College
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Westmont College Reviews
Review Westmont College
For some, Westmont College in Montecito, California is ideal and wonderful. Unfortunately, that was not my experience for a variety of reasons. If you are interested in a school with a diverse student body and faculty, this is not the school for you. A common joke is the stereotypical Westmont student who is white, middle class, naturally beautiful, a very strong (and outwardly visible) Christian, incredibly peppy and nice, likes granola and other healthy foods, wears Birkenstocks, and has a hammock. It sounds insane, but that is the "ideal" that is championed at this school, and if you don't fit that, it can be really hard to fit in. Westmont is religious and does expect its students to adhere to a certain lifestyle which is fine, except it discriminates against the LGBTQ+ community and other religions.
Westmont College does a fantastic job of combing academics, spiritual growth, and social activity. The Christ-centered learning promotes a kind and encouraging student body. While there is not great diversity at Westmont, the staff and student government does an excellent job of promoting diversity awareness and celebration of other cultures. I am extremely grateful that I chose to attend Westmont, and I would highly encourage other students to consider the college.
The experience at Westmont has been amazing! Great community, great courses and staff. Although the courses are tough it pushes me to be a better student and it has.