Westmont College is ...
NAIA Division I
Golden State Athletic Conference
Westmont College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.22 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.39 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Westmont College Reviews
Westmont is a great academic institution. It has a rigorous academic program facilitated by expert faculty. However my experience at Westmont as a person of color has been awful. Diversity at Westmont is terrible. Westmont is the place for you if you are white, strong Christian and are looking to find people similar to you. You do not get a wholesome College experience at Westmont if you do not fall into that category. Chapel is sometimes subjective and the small size of the campus gives the College more of a high school feeling where everyone kinda knows everyone and people are up in your business. Women say they feel unsafe but Westmont has had 1 or 2 if any sexual related incidents in the past year (according to Clery report). Also, Montecito is one of the most safest places in the country in addition to the superb and effective public safety team on campus 24/7. I would really enjoy being at another college better suited for me but I am obliged to be here by means of scholarship.
For some, Westmont College in Montecito, California is ideal and wonderful. Unfortunately, that was not my experience for a variety of reasons. If you are interested in a school with a diverse student body and faculty, this is not the school for you. A common joke is the stereotypical Westmont student who is white, middle class, naturally beautiful, a very strong (and outwardly visible) Christian, incredibly peppy and nice, likes granola and other healthy foods, wears Birkenstocks, and has a hammock. It sounds insane, but that is the "ideal" that is championed at this school, and if you don't fit that, it can be really hard to fit in. Westmont is religious and does expect its students to adhere to a certain lifestyle which is fine, except it discriminates against the LGBTQ+ community and other religions.
Such an amazing school full of wonderful people! For the most part every person I've met has been so friendly and caring. I can say the same for all the staff and professors as well. Campus is absolutely stunning and it just makes me so happy to walk around and see all the beautiful plants and trees.