Westminster College - Utah Reviews

1,014 reviews
It was a culture shock coming from Vegas, but was pleasantly surprised to be welcomed warmly, and was able to take classes that fit my interests.
I LOVE Westminster College!! The class sizes are small, the campus is beautiful, and the teachers are all outstanding!
I haven't started yet but my experience so far with the admissions, advisors and students has been great.
Start Your Review of Westminster College - Utah
I love the campus, professors and the surrounding area! I think Westminster should try to improve on their food and prices of food.
I love the campus of Westminster, it's a little woodland oasis in the middle of Salt Lake City. The classes and campus is small and the attention you receive from professors is like no other college I've been to / seen or heard of. It is extremely expensive but they do have a lot of grants to offer.
I am really enjoying my time at Westminster, the teachers and the classes are absolutely amazing. The atmosphere makes it really easy to be on campus and study. The teachers want you to do well and many of the classes are application learning so you use the skills you learn outside of class as well. The one thing that I would change is the price to go there. It is close to $18,000 a semester to go to school at Westminster.
I love the beautiful campus and how small it is. You are able to communicate with professors 1 on 1 which is really nice. The students that attend are overall extremely friendly and welcoming on and off campus. I would highly recommend my school to those who love a small environment for learning.
Coming from the University of Utah, I love Westminster. The class sizes are small and the campus is cozy. I feel as if my professors care about my wellbeing and are open to criticism and concerns. Even though it is expensive, I got a scholarship just for transferring there, which helps!
My college experience has been incredible! I have been exposed to so many different people while gaining an amazing education from professors who truly care. Not only have I been learned immense amounts, I have enjoyed myself while doing it.
I love the campus! Everything is so close together. It takes five minutes for me to get to my next class. The class sizes are small and the professors are so helpful! The only thing I would change is the cost. Since it's a private school it's extremely expensive.
I got to Westminster as an aviation flight operations major and have been here for just a semester. So far I love living here and enjoy every day I spend in Utah. The activities are endless and you are incredibly close to ski resorts and climbing. If you are outdoorsy this is the school for you.
Westminster provides a safe place to study liberal arts. It is an amazing school with challenging and prestigious coursework.
This is a great school to come to. The faculty and students are dedicated to learning and teaching as much as they can. High costs can be a deterrent, but what you gain from the courses and professors more than makes up for it in my eyes.
I enjoy being a student at Westminster College in Salt Lake. It is a tight knit community. The buildings on campus are in close proximity and the scenery is unbelievable. The professors are outstanding and they offer many different types of degrees.
I am probably going to write a book about how terrible this school is.

- Too expensive. 30,000 + a year now if you want to be a full-time student. My scholorshipsss barely makes it seem worth it.
- Freshman-Sophomores have to live on campus. I was a Junior transfer and they automatically assumed that since it was my first semester on campus that I had no choice but to live on campus. They were idiots.
- Weird things to recognize gender differences. Every semester class everyone has to say their pronouns in front of the class.
- Teachers are very liberal and he said that anal sex should be talked about as if it were a normal thing and that it should not be feared.
- One teacher told me to not try and get a masters degree because it is too expensive there.
- One teacher in a get to know you exercise asked a student what her bed sheets looked like. When it was reported there was no negative consequences to the teacher. In fact the next month he was given a promotion.
I love being a student here at Westminster! I am a music major and have been able to get involved with the amazing voice program here. The music professors are absolutely amazing and I have learned so much already! The thing I love is that everything is so personal. Class sizes are small so the professor really care about each and every individual student. I feel very important here. I also love the vibe and campus life that is here. I'm a commuter student, so I do not live on campus, but I still have felt very included because of the student body. Every here is so inclusive and kind and makes me feel like I am in a very safe and loving environment. College was a really scary thing for me when I was in high school, but once I started to get involved here at Westminster, I've discovered that it's not scary at all! It's so amazing and I cannot wait to see what is yet to come.
What I liked:
I am a local, and decided to go to Westminster for their outstanding business program. Also, the campus is absolutely gorgeous, and because we are a small school, you basically get to know everyone on campus. I have never had a class size over 25 people, and the honors program is tough but honestly so worthwhile!
What I would change:
The food in Shaw was not vegetarian friendly and I ended up getting off of the meal plan because of my dietary choices that Shaw could not accommodate. Other than that, I love my school and am extremely happy with my decision.
Start Your Review of Westminster College - Utah
I feel that I am getting a quality education. As an appreciator of the arts, its easy to see that the school invests a lot in its arts programs. The school also seems to invest a lot in its business and science programs. I wish the school would put more money into the freshman dorms. Frankly, they're nasty and are way overpriced for the quality of dorm you get.
Although I haven't started school yet, I've been very pleased with my experiences so far. The professors and faculty have been incredibly kind and helpful, and the school bends over backwards to help with scholarships.
It is an excellent liberal arts school founded on helping students see the global picture and analyze problems and issues based on given information and integrative thinking. Everyone feels welcome and immediately become involved with whatever interests they may have.