Western Washington University Reviews

1,949 reviews
I enjoyed Western Washington so far in my college career. There are many resources available for students who struggle with disabilities, as myself. The only thing I would change is the price of the school to be even more cheap than it already is. However, the price of the school already is incredibly worth the education and experience I am getting.
I love the campus, itself! A ton of neat things to see and do as you walk around between classes, or just for fun. Every season brings beauty to the campus, and you can't beat the breathtaking view of Bellingham Bay, especially at night! My professors have been really great and helpful, for the most part. I've met my best, life-long friends at Western. The people are pretty friendly, in general. The dorms are not terrible--I lived in Nash for my first two years. It's located in a super eccentric city, and Downtown Bellingham is an incredible, quirky place for eating, shopping, and exploring! Overall, I am really going to miss attending school at Western when I graduate!
One of the most beautiful campuses I have visited. Everyone was very friendly and I will hopefully be attending in the fall.
Start Your Review of Western Washington University
So far, the college experience here is decent. The school itself provides satisfactory living and dining commodities. College life here on campus is fantastic; you meet cool new people everywhere you go so, making friends is easy and fast. However, there are occasional instances of party goers gone awry or suspicious activity that make you feel uneasy or surprised.
I am a returning student to Western Washington University, after having taken three years away while my husband was stationed overseas. We are both now returned to our home state, and are continuing our education here. We both love Western and couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Friendly , supportive and small class sizes. I love the the freshman classes have small teacher to student ratios. Love the dorms and the community. Many groups to choose from especially if you love the outdoors.
I love Western! The campus is amazing, and there a a lot of resources for students in every major. The professors are friendly and helpful.
I just really felt at home at this campus. There are lots of good areas to hang out and tons of art pieces around the campus.
My kids went there, They had an experience on campus and great professors. They were very satisfied with their education. WWU prepared them with the skills to enter the workforce.
Everyone there was super friendly. The food was pretty good. There is a lot of construction going on, and the dorm rooms were hot and very outdated.
A larger commitment to diversity, but academics are very nice. Professors are caring but some of the other areas in the school are poor.
Good culture, decent enough professors, fair internal systems, and okay dorms but VERY cheap. I met many cool people and made many friends as to be expected. Most of my professors were pretty good, besides one computer science teacher who's fairly infamous within the major. The dorm I was in was small and dirty honestly, with poor heating and cooling, but the other dorms were much nicer. The biggest upside is that it's a university who's price is on par with community colleges. There's a small athletic scene with a few sports. Bellingham is alright, some parts better than others. On the ocean though, which is great. I personally enjoyed the food a lot, at all 3 dining halls.
Western is the perfect fit for me. I am an education major and am extremely passionate about learning and growing. At Western, I am surrounded by likeminded individuals who value learning and education just as much. My friends and I are able to motivate each other to perform well. The whole vibe of the school is about achieving, which is very encouraging and healthy. Living on campus, I was able to make some incredibly close friends right on my hall, as well as in surrounding buildings that were easy to walk to. The location is perfect - I called my dorm room a treehouse because the entire campus is practically built in the forest. The school is located right on Bellingham Bay and is about an hour drive from Mt. Baker, making it very easy to get outdoors and ski, hike, camp, kayak, and whale watch. Being so immersed in nature made me feel whole, content, and and centered in all that I did.
It is what you make it, people either love it or hate it. Opportunities for a very active social life if you find your group, but it is very easy to end up being/feeling left out if you don't end up finding a clique through clubs, dorms, etc. Beautiful campus is a plus but not worth the weird atmposphere
Pros: excellent selection of programs, beautiful campus, lots of housing nearby, lots of local bars and music, many open spaces nearby, Vancouver, Canada is 90 minutes away, teachers have quarterly reviews, fairly liberal college and surrounding area

Cons: more expensive than community college, very white student body, campus is very large and can take a long time to get from place to place, parking is limited and expensive, Bellingham is fairly boring if you don't drink or do outside activities
It had a beautiful campus with so many great activities to be involved in. Staff and students were so amazing and creative. It also has one of the best education programs in the state and is well recognized.
I enjoyed visiting this campus but can't say that I would go to the school. Several friend that went really enjoyed their time there but none of them are using their degree. A few friends i had really disliked the school left after the first year. I remember it being very cold and windy, I don't think I could live there fulltime. The area has its perks, many outdoor activities. It is also close to Canada if that is of some interest.
Start Your Review of Western Washington University
Western Washington University has a great balance between academics and student life. There's plenty of spaces to work on homework as well as hang out with friends. In addition, there are numerous opportunities to further one's experience through the Volunteer Center of Whatcom County and Western's variety of clubs and resources.
It is ok and its great to be up there in the outdoors. I love western a lot and i hope others can get used to it too especially if from different countries.
Beautiful campus, if you love the outdoors, this is a wonderful place to go. Although if you dont want to party DO NOT live on the Ridge, you wont ever sleep because people are so loud.