High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.136 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.144 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.144 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities222 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies166 Graduates
Environmental Sciences121 Graduates
Creative Writing107 Graduates
Human Services106 Graduates
Political Science and Government106 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.148 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.187 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.96 responses
Western Washington University Reviews
Western has its pros and cons! The professors, campus and food were excellent for the most part. But the dorms, athletics and diversity could use some attention. Bellingham is an amazing city if you love the outdoors. It is a very liberal school though, so be warned. However, the professors did not seem to push their political views onto students which I respected very much. The weather in Bellingham is a bit depressing, which can really get to you if you are used to seeing the sun often, like I was. For about 6 months out of the year, it rains every single day. They are very supportive of their students and want you to succeed. One more issue I noticed was that it is very difficult to get into the necessary classes for your major! This is a huge problem at Western, which causes many students to stay an extra year. Overall, it's a great school in a great city with great people. I chose WWU over UW and do not regret my choice one bit!
Western Washington University has a great community established in the university as well as surrounding the university. The people are friendly and caring with some diversity in the student body through students of color and out of state students. The staff at the university ranging from Professors, Teaching Assistants, Custodial Workers, and more are wonderful and very respectful to the university and those who are at the university. Western gives an amazing experience to those who value their education and have fun while doing so!
I love the campus, itself! A ton of neat things to see and do as you walk around between classes, or just for fun. Every season brings beauty to the campus, and you can't beat the breathtaking view of Bellingham Bay, especially at night! My professors have been really great and helpful, for the most part. I've met my best, life-long friends at Western. The people are pretty friendly, in general. The dorms are not terrible--I lived in Nash for my first two years. It's located in a super eccentric city, and Downtown Bellingham is an incredible, quirky place for eating, shopping, and exploring! Overall, I am really going to miss attending school at Western when I graduate!