Western State Colorado University Reviews

Western State Colorado University is a great school if you want something that it not too big, has amazing professors that are always around to help, small class sizes, and all of the resources you could ever need on campus. I have enjoyed every minute of school at Western, and learned so much information that will help me to be successful once I graduate. I would highly recommend attending.
I love the small campus, I find myself constantly thinking about how hard it must be for all my friends who went to a large campus and how they can spend 15 minutes walking and still might not be at their class. The location is great as well.
I really like attending western. I found a sanse of belonging here that I didn't have when attending Northestern. I love the small school setting, I am able to recover help from my professor anytime and also create a personal connection with my professors. I have made as lot different friends with different bacclgrounds and I think everyone here is friendly and out going.
Review Western State Colorado University
Graduate Masters in Educator Effectiveness is very difficult; huge course load. I had taken the great summer institute classes here for teachers and figured the online MAEE would be helpful; yet so far it has proven to be extremely labor intensive. There are a few instructors that want to help and see you succeed, like Mr. Hulbert. Yet, other instructors are extremely data driven, which can be very hard to provide evidence for if you are a specialist music teacher. Most Western teachers have no clue about music content and they just want you to find all of your answers for yourself- without providing the means to do so. Even if you pass every class with an A+, you still have to create a web-based "capstone". This is very labor intensive and my coach, the person who either passes of flunks me at the end of my MA is never satisfied with my "evidence". I teach with peers who went to Alamosa, and say it is much easier.
Western is Colorado's best kept secret. Even though Gunnison is a small town, it has so much potential for growth and has a true small town feel- where everyone smiles and says hello no matter where you go. Classes are engaging and challenging and professors are personable and helpful. There isn't anywhere else I would rather be honestly!
After spending a year at Western, I have experienced more than I could have ever imagined. While working with the School of Business and the entrepreneurial community in Gunnison, I have learned how to solve problems, brainstorm innovative solutions, and work with others to develop new products. I have been involved with putting on school events like the Presidential Pumpkin Launch, and the Campus Rail-Jam. I was given the opportunity to participate in Telluride Start-up Weekend, and represent Western in an entrepreneurial competition. I also spent a weekend in Denver at the Western Roadshow promoting the awesome opportunities that Western State has to offer. This school has provided me the chance to better both myself & my community, and I look forward to continuing grow while I’m here. Western has so much to offer for many types of people, and provides an extremely welcoming atmosphere to be apart of.
Right out of High School My first Year I chose to go to Western State Colo. Love the Campus, Staff and Coaches! The only downside is the small town, which had not much for entertainment. Great town though, nice people
Great professors, a few too many required courses. As a double major, I don't have time for gen ed classes.
It is my home away from home
Safety is key on campus
People are very welcoming is the vibe received
I think it is a great program if interested in it
The Gym and facility are the best in the state
Western State in Colorado is a great school
The housing was okay, pricey and a hassle to have to live on campus for two years.
I am on the club swim team. We were a first year team, and the support that we got from students and teachers alike was amazing. Everyone loves to support the sports programs here. It is a very fun and social interaction for everyone involved.
I love the atmosphere of the campus. The teachers are all fantastic and are here for the students and are very helpful at all times.
Review Western State Colorado University
Don't really know. There were lots of homecoming activities but I'm not really into that scene
Small community and classes. The college keeps students engaged in community activities which makes being away from home easier. Lots of outdoor activities
I feel very safe on this campus. I have no reason not to feel safe. There are several different ways that the school has provided to help with safety on this campus. There are nightly security guards that will walk you to and from anywhere on campus. There's a free ride system called "safe ride" that will take you anywhere for free.