Western State Colorado University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.21 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.24 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.24 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management91 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science35 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies28 Graduates
Environmental Studies25 Graduates
Studio Arts20 Graduates
Geology and Earth Science16 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.33 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
Western State Colorado University Reviews
Western is Colorado's best kept secret. Even though Gunnison is a small town, it has so much potential for growth and has a true small town feel- where everyone smiles and says hello no matter where you go. Classes are engaging and challenging and professors are personable and helpful. There isn't anywhere else I would rather be honestly!
Western State Colorado University is a beautiful campus, there are many different activities to do at Western as long as you enjoy the outdoors. Other than the beautiful scenery that is surrounding Gunnison, there is not much that is great about Western. The food at Western is terrible, I have gotten sick a few times off the food, and this is only my first semester at Western. Before Western, I went to Pikes Peak Community College and I feel that the curriculum was more difficult at PPCC then it is at Western I love the programs they offer at Western, I love how small the school is and how beautiful the campus is. Even though there are many things I would like to see change at Western, I am still happy that I went to Western.
After spending a year at Western, I have experienced more than I could have ever imagined. While working with the School of Business and the entrepreneurial community in Gunnison, I have learned how to solve problems, brainstorm innovative solutions, and work with others to develop new products. I have been involved with putting on school events like the Presidential Pumpkin Launch, and the Campus Rail-Jam. I was given the opportunity to participate in Telluride Start-up Weekend, and represent Western in an entrepreneurial competition. I also spent a weekend in Denver at the Western Roadshow promoting the awesome opportunities that Western State has to offer. This school has provided me the chance to better both myself & my community, and I look forward to continuing grow while I’m here. Western has so much to offer for many types of people, and provides an extremely welcoming atmosphere to be apart of.