Western Oregon University Reviews

I like the small town feel. A lot of art related courses. The student to teacher ratio is perfect. Looking forward to a great year!!
I really like the campus! Its a small school which is helpful for me. The town its in is small and isn't always eventful but overall its a cute town. I love some of the programs the school has and the student-lead activities and clubs and organizations. Obviously the only thing I would change is the cost of tuition, room & board, and textbooks. But what college student wouldn't want to change that stuff?
The small classes were a big part of why I went to WOU. The teachers actually have time to learn your name and can take the time and help you one on one because their classes aren't overflowing with students. It was a good place to get my education.
Review Western Oregon University
WOU gives students private school sized classes while paying for a public university price. Most of my classes have 16-20 students, so it is easy to get to know one another and the professor on a more personal base.
Good small school. Small classes, very similar to High school. Cheap school to attend due to it being a WUE school. Only down side of this school is that fact that it is located in Monmouth. Not much things to do there.
Love the small campus and look of everything. The community is personable and so far, have enjoyed all my professors. The biggest downside to this school is if you don't have a car, you're kind of stuck since it's in a small town and the nearest "city" is about 30 mins away.
I think this school is amazing. It has a beautiful lush campus with old buildings looking like something out of gossip girl. I am in love with this campus.
Small, beautiful, school where you can really get to know other people and teachers know your name and really help you because they are invested in your education as well.
Do not go to this university unless you just want the paper that says you have a degree. You won't receive any help from anyone. Billing is horrible...takes them months to get your bills to you then when you do get them your already hit with a late notice. Academic advising is horrible here, be sure to know what your going there and don't expect to get any help from advisors. For a small campus that's supposed to be about community, it was the worst experience of my life. I strongly urge you to look elsewhere for your college experience.
Western Oregon is a great school if you want a top-notch education for minimal price. Its price/education is great. Many classes are filled with 30 people or less, so you feel like you're getting a good amount for the cost you pay. The one on one time with professors is also great and the opportunity for doing so is abundant. All the professors are highly knowledgeable in their fields and they all make you feel they want you to succeed. The campus is small so getting lost really is not an issue. There is also quite a lot of activities to get involved in, from the Online gaming club to the copious amount of intramural activities. There are not a ton of partying opportunities here, so don't be disappointed. The town of Monmouth is small, but only 30 minutes away is Corvallis and Salem, an hour away is Portland. You really get that small town college vibe, but you are really never that far away from big cities. Overall, Western Oregon University is a great school with great resources.
Although I have only attended Western Oregon University (WOU) for a short amount of time, I love this campus. The professors are very knowledgeable and hold a sincere passion for their fields. I enjoy the fact that students and professors are able to connect personally, so you can really get to know each other. This makes getting references much easier! The opportunities are an additional reason why I enjoy attending WOU. As a psychology major, I have an opportunity to be a research assistant, a teacher's assistant, or both! This provides an opportunity to experience those positions, and determine if they are areas that I want to pursue. WOU also has many activities and clubs, this is great because you can get to meet so many new people. One complaint I have is the advising available at WOU. I would enjoy more being able to sit with my advisor and create an academic plan instead of using an online system that tracks courses and credits.
The newest dorm was nice however the food choices on the weekends were horrible. Much of the housing staff was rude. However I did have a few professors that were really nice and cared about my education. The coffee shop was lovely, and the campus is gorgeous. There are definitely parts thatni miss.
I like that most of the professors make an effort to know who you are, and what degree you are trying to complete.
This is a great place to go to university if you are looking for a college experience in a smaller town. It is a very low-key place where a lot of people enjoy the scenery and the relaxing feel that comes along with attending school here.
Western Oregon University is the perfect small college for those who want to be a part of a tight knit community. It is in a very small college town which means that everything that a college student could need is within walking distance. Although there is not much to do in such a small town, the school itself hosts a lot of events and activities that the students can enjoy on and off campus. And with the WolfRide it is easy to get to the places that you need to go without having to pay. The classes are relatively small which make it easy to have more one on one interactions with your professor, so that you can get the attention and help that you need. There is such a great cultural diversity at the school, so whether you're in class, or getting food, or just in your dorm, you will meet some pretty amazing people that come from all types of backgrounds.
Campus is small, neat, and gorgeous. The class sizes are small and professors know you by name. Student leaders are always there to help and you get to know classmates well.
I have so far had a good experience at western with it being a small school with more one on one with the teachers. But they cram too much into one 10 week term to fully understand all of the information for the science classes.
Review Western Oregon University
This school is great, people really try to make it easier for you, they help so much, they have tutoring for you when you need help,professor have office hours to explain the material even more for you and it they care about you that they send email messages to see if you're okay when you don't come to class. This is a great caring school, they are very diverse and they make it feel like you can learn other people's culture.
I went on a tour and the campus is safe and there is many opportunities to thrive here. The dorms are clean and well organized. They offer many courses and great campus life.
I enjoy the class size and that the college experience is brought to light with these small classes. I wish there were more student planned activities t hat brought together freshman and sophomores so more relationships can be fostered. Its hard being so far away from home and not so much to do for the under 21 scene overall, a great school academically, and I am glad to be able to attend