Western Oregon University Reviews

Western Oregon is good for those that enjoy a small campus. The diversity here is strong, and there is always something going on around campus. School is expensive no matter what, but Western's tuition is a lot lower than the surrounding schools.
I have only visited, but the campus was beautiful and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. The campus is small and homey, making it feel like you belong. My mom and aunts all went to Western and are very thankful for the education they were given there.
The environment is demanding, unintriguing, and inactive UNLESS you're a gym goer. Even then, you will notice the inadequate/outdated machines that DO NOT match the expertise of most students, alongside veteran bodybuilders, have to offer.
Start Your Review of Western Oregon University
Since I come from a background of diversity I really enjoyed that Western has many opportunities for diverse Scholarship. Also, being the first person in your family to go to college is very difficult especially if you don't really put yourself out there and seek for that help. In Western, they make sure that first-generation students are well aware of the help that's out there for them. They offer many scholarships as well for the students that are the first generation. Not only is it about the scholarships, but they also make everyone feel included by the different activities they host and also many clubs. Out of one thing, I can think about that might need a little bit of improvement is having more things to do in the city of Monmouth. The closest town with things to do in Corvallis and if you don't have a way of transportation that might be a little difficult for you.
WOU has a small, but very nice campus. The faculty is very helpful with furthering your education and career.
The academics and campus are wonderful, however their financial aid and business office could use a few changes, holds are difficult to release and communication is poor.
Western Oregon University is smaller school compared to most schools. Everything you need on campus is close by since it is a college town. The students there are really nice and easy to talk to. The professors are really good on teaching criteria and always make time for you not matter what. There schedule is really flexible design on how your schedule is. Around campus there is many things to do. On main street there are plenty of different varieties of food places to eat at. There is small historical town right next to where our college is. If you ever get bored you can take a trip down to corvallis where there is much to do and is the host city of Oregon State University. You can also take a 25 minute trip to the capital of Oregon which is Salem. There is much to do and it is a very fun school.
Western is in a small town community where you can ride your bike anywhere . The classes are smal and profs are great. Some people shy away from the small town but you are close to Portland, Salem, and Corvallis so there is good options for getting out of town on occasion
Western Oregon is on a beautiful campus, full of trees and lovely architecture. The campus is older, but has many newer building. All the teacher (i had) were wonderful and really wanted us to learn and grow. The class sizes are small, and the teachers are able to answer many questions. I loved this school.
I loved the location of Western. It is the perfect size college for me. The class sizes average 30 students and a lot of the staff learn your name. You will not be just a number.
I really enjoyed my time at WOU. There are a lot of fun and interesting artistic classes-theater arts, dance, video, gaming/computers. Most teachers are very outgoing and they are always willing to give additional help. The classrooms are very discussion/group thinking based which I really liked.
Western Oregon is such a diverse school, that everyone excepts each other no matter what race or ethnicity you are. The school is spirited when it comes to game time for any sport.
The school is placed in a very small town just west of Salem, Oregon. The school is predominantly white, christian, with a few other races. The school itself prides itself on their academics especially in education. Many great professors, whom want you to succeed. The only challenges I came across this school, was being a transfer student and fitting in. I am in the older crowd, who attended the school from out of state. I did not know many people, and found it easier to make friends with those who were the same age as I. Also, I struggled with the fees. I feel in love with the school based on its looks and small classroom sizes. However, the price has left me in some debt that I will be paying off for some time now.

In the end, I still would recommend the school to those who are interested. I would say do your research on possible scholarships, and loans.
I would recommend Western Oregon University to all student who are looking for a save and welcoming student environment. Western Oregon University is a smaller campus with lots of green space and lots of opportunities for students to get involved. It has spaces droms and options for a domestic or foreign student roommates. WOU has a olympic sized pool, a gym, and a rock climbing wall available to all students. There is free wi-fi, cable T.V. , and recreational activities available. Something I enjoy is the small class sizes there is never more than 22 people in my class. During final season I alway make sure to take advantage of the free counselling on site over all western oregon university is my home away from home
Professors who are there for help. Support staff most helpful and informative. Campus dinning is small, but make up with good food. With it being a medium sized college, there is still a feeling of a small campus as people know each other and get to interact.
Western Oregon is a great school to get your education.The campus is small but it is nice and easy to get around. I like how everything is close to each other. The campus is really nice and modernized. They have a lot of resources you can get a hold of and different events that you can attend. The people and the staff around is really nice and helpful. They have a lot of little stores near the school. Depending on where you live, it is walking distance. The one thing that I would like to see change is more selections of classes and at more convenient times. Other than that, I have enjoyed being here and continuing my education at Western Oregon.
It is a small teaching-based university where your professors and advisors care about your success as much as you do. Small class sizes, inclusive campus, warm and welcoming campus culture.
Start Your Review of Western Oregon University
A very very welcoming community that is willing to help out with any and all questions you might have before starting your first semester of college!
Western is a great small town school for the focused and motivated. Something that needs improvement is diversity of class sizes
I have visited their campus multiple times and I just feel that it is a very nice place to continue your study it has great professors.