Western New Mexico University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.15 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.17 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.17 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities55 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies53 Graduates
Business Administration and Management34 Graduates
Occupational Therapy26 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services26 Graduates
Electrical Engineering Technician21 Graduates
Kindergarten and Preschool Education14 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.25 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.28 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.14 responses
Western New Mexico University Reviews
Western New Mexico University is a small campus, so everything is relatively easy to find. The cafeteria food is better then what i had heard, though it could be because i am not a picky eater. The dorms are either larger or smaller then I would like, based on which dorm I stayed at. My roommates have not been the best, but when you are the only one in the dorm suite that does not play or, in their case, breathe football or sports and enjoys silence, you are in for a rough time. Sports is emphasized in the same amount at this college as it was for my high school, which is sickening. You go to college for a higher education, yet most of the football players seem to be notorious for being the laziest group of students on campus and have said they are there just for football, yet THEY are the ones with the full-ride scholarships while the students that are actually there for an education struggle to make ends meet each semester. The faculty is fantastic.
Starting college I was terrified, I mean, who wouldn't be? After my first year of college, I fell completely and totally in love with the campus, the students, most of my professors and I won't admit this out loud but even the town of little o' Silver City started to grow on me. My college experience has been one of the greatest experiences ever!
I highly enjoy the science programs and involvement of teachers in both the science and math departments. However with a low amount of funding the Institute struggles with obtaining newer equipment which is readily available at other university such as Texas Tech. Regardless WNMU serves as a good undergraduate college, with many dual enrollment opportunities for high school students allowing high school students to take the initiative.