Western Nevada College Reviews

Teachers are disrespectful, don't have patience with students, only go teach because it's their job.
Financial aid office was not very helpful with filling out the form or answering any questions. The counseling office was trying to advise me to go into a direction that would not be beneficial to my continuing education past this school. I would never get called back when asking for information.
I attended Western Nevada College for almost two years now. I enjoyed the safety and quiet environment. One thing I would like to change is the improvement of the college feeling. The college does not feel like a college, just a simple place where your're forced to learn.
Start Your Review of Western Nevada College
It's a great college that encourages your interests. All of the professors I've had have been really helpful with easing me into the college life, and are willing to help you with almost anything.
Went through the program to get my GED in less than a month. The instructors and staff involved in this program are fantastic!
Western Nevada community college is a great college many people use it to get into nursing program and then move on to Unr' s program . Seconds biggest would be it's trade programs. Automotive, welding,machine tool and computer technology . Great programs great teachers . I know im just hitting the most popular area's that I know of.
Western Nevada is great at showing their students how they can succeed in life. They actually go out of their way to help their students aucceed. The only thing that i would like to see changes in is more extracurricular activities. Thos would allow students to create better connections and friends.
It is a great community college that is just what people need to start off their college journey before entering a four year institution. The staff do their best to help students improve their knowledge in their courses by providing extra help and also had a student center with tutors for free.
Western Nevada College has great counselors that help you figure out what is needed to graduate early, transfer, and continue your education.
The small class sizes and teachers who care make it possible for everyone to be successful in college. I just wish there was a bigger selection of classes to choose from and more times that classes are available.
With online classes I would like some more on time interaction between the teacher and the student. Right now my online classes are behind on grades and class work by the week. Overall the best experience I have had is with the Latino outreach group that the college has to reach out to Latino students who are first generation college students in their family. This groups has been very helpful when it comes to getting challenging enough teachers because I have already taken some of the classes I have to take as core classes.
Faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful and the campus has great classes and opportunities to offer. The only reason I would not give this community college five stars is the hassles I have had to endure getting financial aid for my classes. In the end I received my aid however there was a lot of useless steps and directions given in the process. All in all a great place to get the first two years of a degree done at little to no cost out of pocket.
The campus is great there is a lot of places in which you can study and do your work. Its peaceful the people around are very friendly.
While their Advising Dept. is wonderful, Financial Aid is mostly staffed with student that don't REALLY know what they're doing. Frustrating. Campus is nice, facilities nice, but online courses were mostly a HUGE disappointment. I got very little response from the professors and several seemed to think that since the course is online, they must BOMBARD you with assignments. I DO NOT recommend online here.
Professors are great. Round about Cafe is wonderful- great staff and food. Lifted Cafe had numerous health violations, staff was rude.

The Faculty is not here to help you whatsoever. The Dean of Students Scott Kinkella is a liar and shows bias based on gender. The head of the Student Government Lilly Leon Hicks will also go to great lengths to show bias towards gender.

This school has stolen close to $1000 from me and still refuses to pay me back. Since then I've attended Truckee Meadows Community College and it has been a much better experience.
Western Nevada College has provided me with an inexpensive two-year degree. I am generally pleased with my experience here and have been able to take courses that go towards my degree as well as are enjoyable.
My classes are very well scheduled and seem to have a good balance between the work loads of each class. The flexibility I have to choose from when picking classes allows for me to have many options and allows for a less stressful decision making and allows for my daily schedule between work and school to be uninterrupted or changed drastically.
Start Your Review of Western Nevada College
The online class server Canvas is used and that definitely makes the online classes hassle free. Canvas has excellent tech support and the layout is user friendly and easy to navigate. I prefer the in person courses as you gain that personal feelning when you are surrounded by peers instead of just a monitor. The online classes however are set up to make it as interactive as possible which is nice.
many of the courses here are job or career oriented so they are geared towards helping students in their intended future field of work. The courses provide the needed information and are very thorough and well put together as well.
All of my professors are real caring and compassionate and have a love for their job which makes loving the class a whole lot easier!