Western Nevada College Reviews

While their Advising Dept. is wonderful, Financial Aid is mostly staffed with student that don't REALLY know what they're doing. Frustrating. Campus is nice, facilities nice, but online courses were mostly a HUGE disappointment. I got very little response from the professors and several seemed to think that since the course is online, they must BOMBARD you with assignments. I DO NOT recommend online here.
Professors are great. Round about Cafe is wonderful- great staff and food. Lifted Cafe had numerous health violations, staff was rude.

The Faculty is not here to help you whatsoever. The Dean of Students Scott Kinkella is a liar and shows bias based on gender. The head of the Student Government Lilly Leon Hicks will also go to great lengths to show bias towards gender.

This school has stolen close to $1000 from me and still refuses to pay me back. Since then I've attended Truckee Meadows Community College and it has been a much better experience.
Western Nevada College has provided me with an inexpensive two-year degree. I am generally pleased with my experience here and have been able to take courses that go towards my degree as well as are enjoyable.
Review Western Nevada College
My classes are very well scheduled and seem to have a good balance between the work loads of each class. The flexibility I have to choose from when picking classes allows for me to have many options and allows for a less stressful decision making and allows for my daily schedule between work and school to be uninterrupted or changed drastically.
The online class server Canvas is used and that definitely makes the online classes hassle free. Canvas has excellent tech support and the layout is user friendly and easy to navigate. I prefer the in person courses as you gain that personal feelning when you are surrounded by peers instead of just a monitor. The online classes however are set up to make it as interactive as possible which is nice.
many of the courses here are job or career oriented so they are geared towards helping students in their intended future field of work. The courses provide the needed information and are very thorough and well put together as well.
All of my professors are real caring and compassionate and have a love for their job which makes loving the class a whole lot easier!
All of the resources for students on and off campus are helpful and informative. A great thing about Western Nevada is their website online. The website is easy to navigate and provides plenty of information for students. The student center is well designed and geared towards students and provides many resources for achieving success.
Professors stick to their curriculum and really care about the further education of students.
So far I have been very impressed with the care and compassion of the professors here. The grounds are kept well and the classrooms are hardly ever overcrowded, and when they are overcrowded they are always for popular classes so sign up as soon as possible to guarantee your spot in the class!
I haven't taken any online courses yet.
Scheduling isn't difficult but hopefully have a flexible schedule.
I didn't fail any of my classes
I enjoyed being able to say that I successfully finished my first year of college without much problem.
Some of the classes I took I didn't need but the ones I did need were awesome.
First college to attend and found it extremely enjoyable.
I am able to work a full time rotating shift (4 nights, 3 off, 3 days, 1 off, 3 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 7 off) and successfully participate in discussions and other homework requirements.
Review Western Nevada College
The workload is about the same as for an on campus student, you just do not have the "seat time" requirement in quite the same way. Instead of going to class and participating in the discussion or instruction, you instead log onto the campus website, and post your discussion information and reply to other students' postings.
I do not have experience with this yet.
As an online student, I feel that I miss most of the interaction on campus students receive. However, the professors try very hard to keep in contact with the online students, so that we don't miss as much of that interaction.