Western Nebraska Community College Reviews

I really loved the community, they are sweet and welcoming. The college is a happy environment to be around and students get along really well. I was connected to the church’s and the groups that met in the evenings. I really enjoyed being around people I did not know because each and every one of them had a story to share.
I go to the smaller campus in Sidney, Nebraska. I am not nearly as impressed with their online format as I had been with Northeastern Junior College. The campus also does not have very many resources to help facilitate further education. The only reason I chose WNCC was because its dirt cheap. But you get what you pay for.
With the smaller class sizes at WNCC, it creates a better opportunity for more one-on-one time with your professors.
Start Your Review of Western Nebraska Community College
My experience at Western Nebraska Community College has literally been amazing. I have met people from all over the world and have made life long friends as well. The teachers care about you as individual and don't just look at you like your their paycheck. I have really enjoyed my time here and all the connections that i have made.
Great community college! Really nice people from the time you walk in the door. Great instructors and tutors when needed.
My experience at Western Nebraska Community College has been amazing. I would recommend WNCC to anyone who is loving for a smaller environment to either get an associate degree or transfer credits to a four year university. The small class sizes make it easier to learn and easier to have one on one times with teachers. Along with that, all of my credits transferred to a four year University.
Overall, WNCC is a great school. You get a great education with the great staff they have, at an affordable price. Since it's a community college, you get more of that "family" feel that I got from my small high school. The staff there does their best to meet your needs and are always willing to put in some extra time to help. I've enjoyed my time here, and I'm looking forward to my future with WNCC.
The class sizes arent bug at all the range from 4-30 students it's a big gap but you don't get lost with other students
Right now I'm just working on my generals and my advisors are very helpful with me in trying to figure out what kind of career I want to persue
The teachers here really care about tour education and you aren't just some person helping them get a paycheck
I'm in the choir and show choir and it definitely helped being involved at my school that helped me make more friends that what I thought I was going to. Going through my freshman year and also being involved in a group called CAB made college more enjoyable for me
The online course are very helpful. This college has a very easy program for the online courses which is Black Board. This is a very helpful tool for the online classes because there we are able to see our grades, discussions, homework, and when we have to take a test for this classes.
Here we have a lot of opportunities. for my major, which is criminal justice, we have a career day where people from the FBI police stations, and another law enforcement bureaus, come to talk to us about the jobs, internships, where we can apply to develop our career.
It has been the best educational experience in my whole life. The teachers care about all their students. The classes are very diverse, and never boring. If i had to make a decision about where go to school, I will choose Western Nebraska Community College again.
Teachers are good explaining their classes, and they also make the classes very interesting.
I am an international student and Western Nebraska Community College received me as i was arriving to my home.
I think that being my specific major (General Studies) at this school is great because you get a feel for every major that they offer. The workload depends on what classes you take but it usually is not too bad of a workload as long as you portion out your time and plan ahead. There are lots of classes to choose from. There are different buildings to have classes in depending on the types of classes that you are taking. All of these facilities are very nice. The job opportunities are pretty great and are available for either work study or for as a student worker. Places to work include the cafeteria, the Den (which is like a concession stand), the book store, for BFG (the cleaning company), or as a Bubble Worker in the dorms.
Start Your Review of Western Nebraska Community College
I love this place. There is not too much to do in the town, but there is always events going on for the school whether it be in the main building or in the residence halls. What makes my school unique is that even though it is a community college, it is more like a junior college because we have dorms and we have sports teams (volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball, and softball). We also have a choir and theatre department. There are also lots of students from all over the world such as London, Australia, the Dominican Republic, Brazil, Venezuela, and more. If I could repeat my choices all over again, I would definitely choose WNCC. It is my favorite place to be.
You are given the minimum of three different class times for a given class that you would like to attend. Teachers will work around your schedule in order to make sure you're not picking work over school.
I have not taken an only course by my roommate indeed took one. From what I have heard the online class tends to be easier but also very high spectations are set and are always being met.