Western Michigan University Reviews

3,195 reviews
I like Western Michigan University because the people and the atmosphere is an overall joyful feeling. The teachers I meet have all wanted to me succeed and tried to help me in any way that they could. My biggest advice to new incoming students is to make sure that you take classes you need and like. I love that if you need help all you have to do is ask and not wait to the end of the semester. I also like that if you have financial troubles there's always someone that can help solve your issue if you talk to the correct people.
Great community, Big school with a small school vibe. The city is wonderful. Fun for all ages. Once you come to Kalamazoo you will never be able to leave.
I am a senior at Portage Central High School. It is a pleasure to have Western as a local college. I like the layout of the campus, it is clean and I feel safe everywhere I go on campus. Many of my friends who graduated high school last year and is currently attending Western Michigan University I heard no complaints about it at all. All of my friends loves the campus and their professors. Western Michigan University offers great classes and majors to college students. It even was fun to play with the Men's soccer team. With my little experiences at Western Michigan University I am looking forward attending here to gain more positive experiences and make unforgettable memories throughout my college years. I am excited for Western to support, and get me started on the right career pathway.
Start Your Review of Western Michigan University
I visited Western Michigan and I found the campus to be to my standards. Everything that was to my availability was in one building, so I did not have to walk around to a different building to go to my class.
I have loved WMU! Most all the professors are very nice and are determined to help you succeed! The atmosphere is just pleasant and I have not seen an cruelty towards any person! The campus is big and it is like you see a different face everyday, so there is a lot of opportunities to meet new people!
I would like to see greater diversity and more attention to students and student social infrastructure
This school has made me feel welcome with all of its different programs that someone could get into. For people who want to go into medicine, I would recommend this school. There so so many different people who attend this school, from all over the world, so there is never a hard time finding who you might fit in with and where.
I am freshman at Western Michigan University and I love it here. I live in the Western Heights the nice New dorms with sir conditioning, they are way better than all the other dorms. The food here is only good at the vdc the other dining centers suck.
I enjoy attending Western Michigan University. Campus life is very fun and it is a pretty diverse school, which is also good. The one thing that I would like to see changed is the amount of professors whom don't speak English very well.
Western is a beautiful Camus and the students are so friendly, it is easy to make friends. The classes aren't too big or too small which is why this college is perfect for me.
I love the size of the university. It's big enough that there is diversity in the student population, great academic offerings, lots of housing choices, and numerous clubs and organizations to join. The community is small enough that you do not feel overwhelmed, getting around campus is easy, and the city of Kalamazoo has a lot to offer.
No matter your hobbies, preferences, or lifestyle, Western Michigan University has something that will pique your interests. Located in Kalamazoo, MI, WMU is surrounded by restaurants, shopping districts, museums, art galleries, public parks, outdoor recreation centers, music venues, and so much more. Whether you're on or around campus, there is always something to do. WMU's main and eastern campuses have greenhouses for plant lovers, professionally built computers and consoles for video game lovers, and if you're an animal lover, there's even hordes of puppies you can pet during homecoming and finals week. If you like to party, there's tons of local bars and party hotspots. If you're more reserved, there's cool coffee shops and adorable libraries on every other corner (some of which are open 24/7). No matter who you are or what you like, you can find it here at Western Michigan University.
Teachers for the most part seemed to really care about the students, but the classrooms were often rundown and in need if serious repair.
There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in clubs and activities. Some of the dorms really need updating though!
My experience here at western here was great they have a good dorm residence and has a lot of ways to get involved around the campus
I have no complaints about Western. As a freshman only about a month in, this school had done so much for me. I get to take challenging classes with professors who actually care about me, make friends by joining clubs/organizations that interest me, eat good food at any of the many dining centers on campus, and work toward getting a degree in something I’m passionate about. I was really nervous to leave my friends and family back home, but the environment at Western is so warm and welcoming that I was blown away and knew I had to come here.
Being on westerns campus for two years now has had its ups and it’s downs. With campus life obviously being the high the community is not the most diverse and the surrounding city (Kalamazoo) is fairly bland. Coming to wmu i had a really positive outlook on life at wmu but it’s been tainted with the racism on campus. Although the education is phenomenal there could definitely be some improvements.
Start Your Review of Western Michigan University
Very nice school, there's a very welcoming dynamic, and there are plenty of organizations to get involved in on campus. There are many opportunities for people who need more flexible hours due to work or children.
Very diverse, great acedmics, awesome football team. Many resources to help students, great faculty! And a great social scene. There are many organizations for students to join to get involved with (over 400). And great party scene.
The music program is great, though it may take 4.5-5 years to complete my degree due to scheduling problems. Overall experience amazing and the college has a family-like atmosphere while still having amazing cultural and academic diversity. Highly recommended!