Western Kentucky University Reviews

1,845 reviews
Western made me feel like I was at home and I was safe and secure. They made sure I was welcome and got as much information as I needed and more . I know once I start living on campus I wont get homesick. I cant wait till WKU becomes my new home.
Western's campus is beautiful. However the school prides itself on being "culturally diverse" and it truly isn't that diverse. The main population catered to is middle income, white people from rural Kentucky.
Western Kentucky University is a wonderful institution that is passionate in their goal of educating students, creating the next workforce generation of our times. WKU has a rich diversity in its students, teachers, and administration.
Review Western Kentucky University
I've currently returned to Western Kentucky University to finish my bachelor’s degree due to being away for 4 years in trying to figure out what to go to school for. Despite the cost of tuition being pricey, the several semesters that I've attended this university have been quite stressful due to financial reasons more so recently. But I feel WKU is the best choice for me right to finish my degree with them. My advisor is quite helpful in explaining my requirements but overall, I'm more than ready to accomplish my initial goal of receiving my degree.
loved everything about WKU just got to expensive and was far from home. Great area in Bowling Green and the campus life was great so you never got bored. Also, the staff are all very friendly and the professors were great and helped whenever you asked for it!
Campus is overall okay but the dorms are not. Most of them have bugs in them. Heat/Air units work when they want too. Could have more things for students to do.
I do not like having to walk up a hill to get to class. The school is a little bigger than what I would like. I believe that Greek life and partying are too common and it is very unappealing.
WKU is in a transition period as our long-term president is leaving. The Kentucky governor has also been pitting himself against the schools, turning things a little chaotic. However, the campus is beautiful and I've never had a professor I didn't like by the end of the semester. The School of Journalism and Broadcasting is particularly important to this university. The program lives up to expectations.
Coming into college I really didn’t like writing papers because it was hard for me come up with an idea to start writing about. But taking fundamental of composition course helped me learn writing a paper can be simple. All it takes is for you to have all the right step to take. The key to a good paper is knowing what you want to write about. A couple good things I learned from this course is to come up with a initial idea by brain storming, mapping, and free writing. With learning these new techniques, the process of writing became less complicated.
Western Kentucky University is a very diverse school and a clean campus. WKU advisors are not very informative toward the students.
Great atmosphere for learning with small town feel. Dorms are small and somewhat "dated" but upgrades are being made. Take a tour and see how friendly everyone is, but just know it's an uphill walk to get to your classes. Lots of activities on campus and also plenty of nice restaurants and shopping in Bowling Green.
I absolutely love western!! I am so proud to be a hilltopper, the people here are amazing and very helpful. The professors are very attentive and they are there to answer any questions. Also the student are bright and will always have study dates with you. everyone works together very well!! GO TOPS
Western Kentucky University is a tight nit atmosphere where everyone is willing to go the extra step for each other. The academics range in diversity enrichment which is makes for a wide range of interests.
I have loved my experience thus far at WKU. I get a big university feel while receiving the attention I would desire in a smaller school. Go Tops!
Western Kentucky University has been a wonderful experience from the start. From the first red towel given with your acceptance letter to your daily commute to the delicious Red Zone, everything at WKU is unique and special to each student. WKU is a beautiful campus that makes walking up the large hill each day worth it.
Western Kentucky University is an excellent campus to attend to. There are great professors and their many smart intelligent students. The only thing I wish the campus would change is having more parking spots.
Western Kentucky University is such a unique school. There is a sense of happiness all throughout the campus. Students seem happy and proud to attend this university. The school provides plenty of opportunities to support the not only the academic aspect of college but along with the social aspect.
Review Western Kentucky University
I love that it was an exceptional university with a small-town environment. The professors were close with each student, and students were connected with the campus itself.
Western Kentucky University is the best place to go to school. At Western the teachers care and they want to help you succeed and help you do better in live. My experience at Western has been a great one.
Western Kentucky is a university that balances academics and social activities to create a wholesome college experience. The university creates a small town college feeling with their personable professors and friendly faculty; the campus life at WKU is reminiscent of a bigger college with greek life, athletics, and tons of student run clubs. I come from a long line of Hilltoppers and I have been able to find a spot on campus that feels like home.