Western Kentucky University Reviews

1,918 reviews
My experience at WKU was awesome. The school culture is amazing.. it’s a school that bring different culture together and encourage others to love one another.. I don’t see anything that need to be changed.
I love WKU. I transferred here from Murray State and do not regret the decision at all. It's an amazing school especially for nursing. It has greatly prepared me to become the best nurse than I can.
I have completed my second semester at WKU and I love, love it. When paying out of pocket financially they are willing to work with you. My son will be graduating high school in May 2019 and he plans to attend WKU as well.
Start Your Review of Western Kentucky University
WKU is a fantastic university as far as academics and campus appearance goes. But, the dorm life leaves much room for improvement. There is supposedly a no tolerance for illegal substances (marijuana, alcohol, etc.), but there is never a punishment even though it is being openly used at all times. As a very religous person, I feel as though I am compromising my morals by living there.
WISH THERE WAS MORE HEALTHIER FOOD BUT ITS GREAT!! (: I’m telling yah I was contemplating on coming here but i was like i need to get away etc so i decided to go and it’s lit. I just wish the dorms were redecorated and more healthier food. We all do not eat fast food it’s annoying because that’s all they have. Like some salad place, but only one and subway which is eh.
I enjoy having a wide range of classes to choose from as well as a diverse campus community. Greek life has a large part in the social scene as well.
I love Western Kentucky University. It feels so much like home to me. The faculty and staff are warm and friendly. The campus itself is absolutely gorgeous. The one thing I would change is the food areas. The lines get too long and they get into the way of everything. Otherwise, I love WKU.
I am currently a freshman at WKU. I knew from the moment I took a campus tour that it was going to be my home for the next 4 years. I absolutely love it here and could not see myself anywhere else. The academics are great, professors are caring and helpful, the student life is amazing, and the city of Bowling Green is perfect for a college student.
Overall I have enjoyed western. Some things can be hard to work around but overall its a nice campus.
WOW THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR AT WKU ! I AM SO EXCITED THAT I HAVE CHOOSE THIS COLLAGE TO DO MY STUDIES AT . WHEN ME AND MY PARENTS CAME TO WKU FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL IN LOVE WITH WKU. ALL OF THE UPPER STUDENTS WAS VERY HELPFUL AND WELL READY FOR US AND OUR 50 THOUSAND QUESTIONS. WE GOT TO SIGN UP FOR EVERTHING WE NEED TO DO AND SIGN UP FOR STUFF WE NEED TO WITH ALL THE HELP WE NEEDED. THIS COLLAGE WAS A GREAT CHOICE FOR ME. SOME OF MY FRIENDS FROM HIGH SCHOOL CAME WITH ME AND THIS MAKES ME FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. WKU IS ONLY ONE HOUR AWAY FROM MY HOME AND THIS GIVES MY MOM COMFORT AND PEACE. SO I WOULD LIKE TO FINISH MY STUDIES AND GET MY DEGREE IN SOCIAL WORKER.
Western Kentucky University is a great school to be at! They offer many degrees and have a fabulous campus! Their food variety is fantastic. Their sports are always packed and the fans love them some hilltoppers! Some of Western's teachers are a little difficult, but that's with every college.
Western Kentucky University is a great college and a great place to be. They treat you like family and you feel right at home very quickly. There's good housing, plenty of food options which is always great, and awesome ways to get connected with people on campus. I would give WKU a rate of 10/10. It's a great college students should think about attending this college.
The campus is nice, dorms need work. Most of the people are easy to get along with and the professors are reasonable. Overall, this school is pretty good.
WKU is my perfect college not to far from home and everyone you meet is incredibly nice and will to help with any questions or concerns.
I love the campus of Western Kentucky and I feel they have taught me very well. Plenty of food choices and updated buildings. However as far as campus activities go, there are not many things going on during the week or weekend unless someone is in a Sorority or Fraternity.
I like how attentive the teachers are to the students they really care if a student graduates, but I would like to see more diversity
I enjoy the atmosphere and how I met my new friends through MASTER plan, but there is only fast food options, that is honestly the one downfall. I wish there were more vegetables and fruits and healthy options around campus.
Start Your Review of Western Kentucky University
I enjoyed the diversity and abundance of campus activities to really make it feel like home while obtaining my degree.
I would like to see more African-American student organizations on campus. More scholarships for out-of-state students.
I love the campus and the close community that Bowling Green offers. There is always something for students to engage in on campus or in the community.