High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.123 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.131 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.130 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities349 Graduates
Elementary Education143 Graduates
Business Administration and Management141 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems94 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science75 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies73 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.160 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.191 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.85 responses
Western Kentucky University Reviews
From the moment is started my enrollment I’ve had nothing but a pleasant experience. All of the information given to me has been clear and all of my questions thoroughly answered. I have grown to love the atmosphere that surrounds Western Kentucky University and the bomds between the students, staff, and professors that is encouraged here. It’s really helped the transition into college and made it a comfortable and confedent transition!
I’ve only been at WKU for one semester, but I’m already in love. As a student who is trying to pay their way through college on their own, WKU gives me the flexibility I need. Not only do they offer an abundance of scholarships to aid your education, but they offer a wide selection of classes as well. This has helped me as I work full time so the online and night courses they offer have been a perfect fit. But most importantly, Western Kentucky feels like home. This university is a community that welcomes everyone with open arms, and I’m a proud Hilltopper!
Western Kentucky University is a nice school overall. The campus is absolutely beautiful and the food on campus is great. There are some nice living options on campus and nice campus-affiliated apartments off campus. Athletics are a huge part of the experience at Western. There are numerous organizations to get involved in, therefore, everyone can find somewhere they feel they belong. The Department of Student Activities does an amazing job with campus events for students to enjoy. The downfall about WKU is the equity and inclusion of all students. The racial climate is a bit divisive and felt by the minorities on campus. WKU needs to do a better job with the inclusion of all students and their organizations, as well as appropriately handling incidents of injustice and hate amongst students on campus.