WIU is a highly-ranked public university located in western Illinois, with two campuses: the traditional, residential main campus in Macomb, Illinois and a non-residential, metropolitan campus in Moline, Illinois. WIU offers 66 undergraduate majors and 38 graduate degrees that are known for innovative teaching, student-driven research, hands-on learning opportunities and career success after graduation. Western is committed to providing an affordable education through scholarship and cost-guarantee programs, and you'll have access to global and interdisciplinary opportunities led by award-winning faculty and staff. You'll also experience personal attention through small class sizes and a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1.
With over 250 student organizations, you will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your leadership skills and get involved with others who share your interests.
Western Illinois University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.124 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.140 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.140 responses
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration347 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities213 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies68 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services61 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.135 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.160 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.75 responses