Western Connecticut State University Reviews

West conn is a fine school, just sometimes when you contact them they don’t give you straight answers and sometimes they don’t answer the question you want them too. The classes are fine and the professors are pretty cool.
What I have enjoyed most about WCSU is the community of students, they are all incredibly welcoming and helpful to incoming students as well as current students. I was very hesitant about staying at WCSU but as soon as i got involved I was able to see how much i loved being there.
Many classes are taught entirely online by people you'll never meet, not the actual professors, which seems like a waste. Many professors have excellent experience (Justice and Law classes taught by actual lawyers and police officers, writing courses taught by journalists and authors, etc).
Start Your Review of Western Connecticut State University
I really liked most of my teachers my first year at Western. The atmosphere on campus was always friendly and welcoming.
The class sizes are generally small and allows for direct interaction with the professor. Most professors provide convenient office hours for outside of the classroom assistance. The small community allows for students to get to know each other and provides captivating events throughout the semester.
I just finished my freshman year at WCSU and had a fantastic year. I loved my classes. I was accepted into the nursing program starting my sophomore year. It is a small campus making it convenient to get to classes. I feel perfectly safe on this campus. Made some wonderful friends. Lots of restaurants and shopping in the area.
Pretty okay school. I'm a music major and the department is great. The food here is not that good but there are a lot of places to eat in town.
I love the faculty and the students at Western. Everybody is extremely nice, helpful, and the individuals who I have asked for guidance have done such an amazing job in giving me advice and getting me on the right path to success.
I have had a great time at Western Connecticut State University thus far. The professors that I interact with are caring, invested, and intelligent about their field. They are always there to help when in need and want to see the students succeed. I am usually not on main campus, my classes are on west campus and I enjoy being there. It is a bit secluded and parking is always good. The dining hall they have there always has fresh food and at a reasonable price. The graduate classes are long, but breaks are given which help. I am enjoying my time there and am learning a lot.
Very affordable tuition with well educated and trained staff. Mostly organized. I completed the RN to BS program to which I was not favorable of. The use of online materials and programs made it much more flexible then typical programs. The program prepared me well for graduate composition.
I like going to WCSU a lot. I just don't like how they have changed the class schedule and how they plan to keep it. Other than that the classes are fun and great. Very inclusive school to get people to enjoy their college experience.
This school is only 25 minutes away from where I currently live. WCSU has opened its in-state tuition to certain counties of NY and NJ allowing me to got there for instate tuition. The school is really nice and has two campuses depending on what your major is.
The Music Education major is phenomenal. Music Theatre and Nursing are also very strong majors here... but that's about it.
WestConn is an average university. The people there are polite but not very friendly or helpful. There isn't much diversity on campus. There are no cultural clubs or cultural activities, so if you're interested in culture I wouldn't recommend this university for you. The performing arts department is good. This university is most suited for theater and acting majors, as it provides a good education on theater and drama and has many opportunities for students to showcase their talents on stage.
I like that there are many things to do and clubs to join. I like working on campus because I get to see friends, and I am also able to do my homework when it's not busy. It's a great school, not too far from home.
Coming in as a transfer I thought I would feel a little out of place. However, all the students and professors were very welcoming and friendly. I found myself fitting in right away and adjusting quickly to life on campus. The professors are more than willing to make sure you understand any material completely and really urge you to visit them during office hours with any questions or concerns. My fellow classmates are very encouraging and outgoing. The theatre arts department is like a little family. I’m very glad I chose WestConn to finish up my undergraduate degree.
I am looking to go to Western Connecticut State University as a a freshman next year. My boyfriend goes here and I have been to the campus and eaten there multiple times. It is a great school and I am very excited to start my career here!
Start Your Review of Western Connecticut State University
This is my senior year and so far I have had an amazing experience here at Western. The only con is that it has two split campuses (there is a shuttle that brings students back and forth). Academics, student life, professors, parties, athletics, etc. are all great and pretty much what you would expect at any great college. (Only at Western the cafe food and dorm life, in my opinion, is much better than meals at other Universities that I have experienced). Furthermore, being it is a smaller school, it is a lot easier to create meaningful relationships with fellow students, staff, and professors.
WCSU has been a great college and I am very glad that I chose to attend the school after acceptance. The profeesors for my major are amazing, and the amounts of activities designed to meet new people and join clubs are endless!
Western Connecticut was a great school with helpful professors, and a very affordable tuition. However, it was not the right fit for me.