Western Connecticut State is a public university located in Danbury, Connecticut. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 4,116 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Western Connecticut State acceptance rate is 67%. Popular majors include Police and Criminal Science, Psychology, and Business. Graduating 46% of students, Western Connecticut State alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $33,600.
Western Connecticut State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.53 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.54 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.53 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.60 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.70 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.37 responses
Colleges like Western Connecticut State University
- BCentral Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- New Britain, CT
- 1,185 reviews
- BEastern Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- Willimantic, CT
- 997 reviews
- B-Southern Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- New Haven, CT
- 1,251 reviews
- B-University of Hartford
- 4 Year
- West Hartford, CT
- 1,506 reviews
Western Connecticut State University Reviews
Western Connecticut State University is a great school! I have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences here, the people I have met and the opportunities I have been giving. Living on campus is a huge bonus at this school, as meeting people can be hard on a predominantly commuter campus. However, the school gives out whatever you put in.
My experience is great, would recommend others to go here. Great staff and help from professors. I've been here for a few years, and so far my experience has been a great one. There are great events at WCSU, good athletic programs, and very friendly people around the campus. If you need to go from campus to campus, there is a shuttle for transportation. Friendly environment, and relaxed too. The libraries are a cool place to go and have plenty of computers or resources.
Coming in as a transfer I thought I would feel a little out of place. However, all the students and professors were very welcoming and friendly. I found myself fitting in right away and adjusting quickly to life on campus. The professors are more than willing to make sure you understand any material completely and really urge you to visit them during office hours with any questions or concerns. My fellow classmates are very encouraging and outgoing. The theatre arts department is like a little family. I’m very glad I chose WestConn to finish up my undergraduate degree.