- 4 Year
- DANBURY, CT
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
WCSU is currently open with a mix of on-campus, hybrid, and 100% online classes. Please follow this link for the most recent updates about admissions, registration, and online learning. Learn More
- Academicsgrade C+
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade D
- Athleticsgrade C
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade C+
- Locationgrade C
- Dormsgrade C
- Campus Foodgrade C
- Student Lifegrade C minus
- Safetygrade B minus
Western is proud of its 117-year tradition of developing advantages that benefit you, the student. WCSU has over 5,600 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in 50 Bachelors, 14 Masters and 2 Doctoral degrees.
These advantages include:
• Affordability: Tuition at Western is one-third the cost of small, private New England universities.
• Location: WCSU is conveniently close to major routes and only an hour from the business, entertainment and cultural centers of New York City.
• Small class sizes: The student-to-teacher ratio at WCSU is 12:1. Expect the kind of one-on-one attention that ensures your success in college.
We look forward to discussing your college plans and/or to welcoming you to campus should you want to schedule an in-person meeting or tour.
Western Connecticut State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Police and Criminal Science92 Graduates
- Psychology86 Graduates
- Nursing83 Graduates
- Communications79 Graduates
- Business73 Graduates
- Accounting56 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services53 Graduates
- Community Health Services and Counseling42 Graduates
- Marketing37 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities33 Graduates
Visual and Performing Arts at WCSU
The School of Visual and Performing Arts offers a conservatory-level education at the affordable cost of a public university. Only 60 miles from downtown New York City, our School uniquely positions us to draw from the talent and resources rooted there–allowing us to enrich our local arts community by providing quality arts programming and a competitive arts education.
- Mix of Online and on Campus66%
- On Campus4%
- Very friendly.20%
- Basic for people to commitute for class2%
- Close to home46%
- Commuter School15%
- Second home13%
- My school for the next 4 years2%
Western Connecticut State University Reviews
It'd be a grade of 2.5 out of 5. However, since half-points aren't allowed, we're rounding down instead of up.
It's an average experience AT BEST. The major of choice will highly influence the quality of education that you receive in this place - visual arts is very reputable... meanwhile, social work, psychology, and other social sciences classes are quite half-assed. Several professors and counselors don't really care about guiding the poor students spending hard-earned money, even when said students are super overachievers. Campus life - at least in Midtown - is boring! The faculty behind events do not seek to positively engage students amongst themselves. It's like they expect young students to do everything and be everything. So limiting!!
It'd be a crime not to warn you that you can get a much more engaging, resourceful, fun, AND comprehensive education in places such as UConn and Eastern.