COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our buildings are closed to the public through May, but we are working. Please follow this link for the most recent updates about admissions, registration, and online learning. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC-
Western is proud of its 117-year tradition of developing advantages that benefit you, the student. WCSU has over 5,600 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in 50 Bachelors, 14 Masters and 2 Doctoral degrees.
These advantages include:
• Affordability: Tuition at Western is one-third the cost of small, private New England universities.
• Location: WCSU is conveniently close to major routes and only an hour from the business, entertainment and cultural centers of New York City.
• Small class sizes: The student-to-teacher ratio at WCSU is 12:1. Expect the kind of one-on-one attention that ensures your success in college.
We look forward to discussing your college plans and/or to welcoming you to campus should you want to schedule an in-person meeting or tour.
Western Connecticut State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.53 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.58 responses
Visual and Performing Arts at WCSU
The School of Visual and Performing Arts offers a conservatory-level education at the affordable cost of a public university. Only 60 miles from downtown New York City, our School uniquely positions us to draw from the talent and resources rooted there–allowing us to enrich our local arts community by providing quality arts programming and a competitive arts education.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.65 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.75 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.37 responses
Western Connecticut State University Reviews
I'd like to see administration being a little bit more involved. The professors are amazing, and I think administration can be too if they built a closer relationship with students.