Western Colorado University Reviews

Overall, I have enjoyed my time here at Western. The school has a small campus and the buildings are overall in okay shape-nothing spectacular. The cost to attend is pretty steep and they don't offer as many classes as the bigger schools. This makes it difficult to take summer courses here. The class sizes are small and the professors are really invested in you.
Gunnison is unfortunately expensive and lacks many amenities I was used to. The outdoor aspect of Gunnison is great-there is always something to do but I wish there were more options other than outdoor activities.
It is a well rounded school but the academics could definitely be better. More specific education than general education is a must. The facilities are top of the line, but they are putting more money into growth of the campus than the success of their students.
Western state is a great college. I would recommend going to this college the campus is great the athletics is awesome. The local area is great to be around lots to do outside of school.
Start Your Review of Western Colorado University
TERRIBLE SCHOOL. If you enjoyed High School and want to do another 4 years this is the school for you. I'm so glad I transferred I am so much happier. This place is a glorified high school. You are better off choosing a community college than this place. I will give it credit the skiing was prime along with other outdoor stuff but thats it. Gunnison is one of the most boring towns I have been to. They don't have a movie theater, bowling alley, or anything fun to do at night. Everyone at this school is mean and immature I did not enjoy my time here. If you like small boring towns that are isolated, immature kids stuck in high school, and outdoor stuff only western is the place for you.
The school is pretty good, but the area and the people who live here are what really makes this school so great. I am absolutely loving it here.
This will be my fourth year here and had nothing short of a great time. You will meet great people if you are laid back and have a good attitude. Hike, ski, fish, etc., whatever you want to do outside it is accessible thru Wilderness Pursuits for free or for cheap gear rentals. The business program goes above and beyond setting their students up with good contacts, I have had multiple friends get internships and jobs from professor recommendations. My biggest tip, get involved. You will find your niche if you just try. Check out Western I.C.E. (innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship) Club, great people that throw sweet events.
Every experience I have ever had with them has been positive. They have a beautiful campus that is well taken care of and friendly staff. They always go out of their way for me.
The small class sizes are wonderful if you enjoy the relationships with professors and classmates. The campus is small and you can easily get around without a car. I haven't had a car my entire time here and I can easily walk to stores in town and to class. I've loved my time at western and there is something to do here for anyone!
Beautiful school in the mountains with small classrooms. Enjoy the area around it and love the long winters. Teacher and staff are always willing to help and tuition is affordable.
Smaller classes than the main state schools allow for teachers to be responsive to requests in person or email even at off times like weekends or evenings.
WSCU is a small school where the students feel welcome. I know that I can go to any teacher on campus for advice or support. Because it is a small school, the teachers know all their students by name and are genuinely concerned for the well-being of each one of them. The classes are fun and have a great atmosphere for learning.
Amazing school, low cost, amazing location in Rocky Mountains with tons to do. Great professors and student-professor ratio. If you do Biology, Ecology, outdoor education, or Environmental Studies, there aren't many schools like it.
I am loving it here. The professors are great and I am receiving an amazing education. Oh, and the mountains are pretty nice too.
This is a great school for people who want small class sizes and want to be challenged outside the classroom as much as inside.
Western is a fantastic college. I am stunned with how this university is not going to break the bank after four years.
I have gotten to know a ton of my classmates and all of my professors know me by name. Students here can catch their professor on the ski hill at Crested Butte or on the trails riding at Hartman Rocks.
Western State Colorado University is a fantastic fit for any outdoor enthusiast who also wants a nice small town feel.
Western State Colorado University is a beautiful campus, there are many different activities to do at Western as long as you enjoy the outdoors. Other than the beautiful scenery that is surrounding Gunnison, there is not much that is great about Western. The food at Western is terrible, I have gotten sick a few times off the food, and this is only my first semester at Western. Before Western, I went to Pikes Peak Community College and I feel that the curriculum was more difficult at PPCC then it is at Western I love the programs they offer at Western, I love how small the school is and how beautiful the campus is. Even though there are many things I would like to see change at Western, I am still happy that I went to Western.
What I really enjoyed about attending Western State Colorado University was how small the campus and the classes were. I felt more connected with my professors and my peers and getting the help I needed when I needed it. What I would change about the school is making it cheaper for the students. There's so many opportunities in Denver for me to go to school that I could afford but I love Western State so much I would do anything to go here again.
Start Your Review of Western Colorado University
the access to outdoors is unbeatable, the mountain sports team is one of the best. the only thing I would change is I wish there was better food
All of the instructors at Western have the highest degree they can receive in their field of study. This make the classes more exciting and informative for students. I would recommend many more students to come here
Western State Colorado University is a great school if you want something that it not too big, has amazing professors that are always around to help, small class sizes, and all of the resources you could ever need on campus. I have enjoyed every minute of school at Western, and learned so much information that will help me to be successful once I graduate. I would highly recommend attending.