Western Carolina University Reviews

1,292 reviews
I really love that everything is close by. I love the fantastic views and the amount of happiness that is here. This school is really amazing and I love it. I wish they could change how people drive because there has been some pretty bad wrecks already. I wish they would give all dorms AC units also. It’s kinda not fair that freshmen dorms get no AC and have to use a fan but the upper class gets AC.
I loved the campus. It was small enough to feel comfortable and big enough to offer many programs. I love the mountains and was really interested in their cherokee museum and programs of study. We took a tour and everyone was very nice, informative, and eager to get to know me. I am interested in psychology and they have a great program. The campus was large but easy to get around. They had the Cat Tran which was a bus that takes you anywhere on campus. The dining hall and numerous restaurant options were great. I was very impressed with their fitness facilities.
I loved the school. The campus was beautiful and diverse. The two classes I attended were enjoyable. There is also a good amount of stuff to do on campus, and it a a very enjoyable experience. The food was amazing, and there are a lot of budget friendly things for students to do on campus.
Start Your Review of Western Carolina University
I love the location! The campus is beautiful and the atmosphere is friendly. I have enjoyed most of the classes I have taken so far. I especially love the School of Music and the Marching Band.
My experience with Western Carolina University has been overall average for my first year. The food could be heavily improved, as it makes a lot of students sick. Academics are great. Diversity is average, as i've seen it increase due to transfer students. Housing could be improved, as well as the procedures induced in order to complete tasks in general.
I like how connected I am to the people here, this college does a very good job of making me feel at home away from home.
I honestly love Western. There isn't anything that I would change about it, it feels like home. The weather for the most part is really nice especially in the spring, lots of students go outside to relax. It's a good atmosphere!
The weather is beyond perfect, the summer is usually between 60 - 70 degrees. Its located in the mountain area of North Carolina, and on the weekends usually the school organizes day trips to go hiking, white water rafting, caving, or even fishing. There are so many fun things to do on your down time that you wouldn't be able to do at the schools in the city. They have two different summer programs that allow you to earn college credits and move in before the semester starts. They are Catamount Gap, and Catamount Gap Abroad. The regular Catamount Gap is at western, and it has courses you can take that fit your major. Catamount Gap Abroad is overseas and this year they are doing their summer college classes in Germany. The best part about the Catamount summer college is that financial aid covers it and it wont take away from the financial aid for the school year. The people are amazing and they offer loads of classes that other schools don't, such as Forensic Anthropology.
What I liked about Western Carolina University were the opportunities it gave to me. When I came to Western Carolina, I had so many opportunities to meet many friends, as well as study the subject I love. I was given opportunities to better myself as a musician and student, and would recommend the school to many people.
As a small school, WCU is very friendly and community focused. If you want to have deep meanings with professors and students, this is the place to be.
I love Wcu so much. Not only is the campus beautiful but they offer a ton of free services like tutoring and counseling for every student. The classroom environment is amazing with teachers who are excited to teach and love to see their students succeed
This school is amazing. They do a great job of taking care of their students and making them feel cared for and at their home away from home. I was meant to be a student here and I am proud to be a catamount.
Last Minute Productions puts on a lot of great programs throughout the year! The parking situation isn't great for freshmen, but i have the storage lot pass and it is tons cheaper than a freshmen or residential pass. I mean you have to park a mile away from campus, but its not that far when you take a cat tran.
Western Carolina University is amazing. The campus is beautiful and just slightly bigger than the University of North Georgia's Engineering Campus. The school is not far from Franklin, North Carolina.
WCU was my best decision of a college. Everyone is friendly and there are many ways and activities to get involved on campus. My experience here so far has been a blast and I can't wait to continue my education here and see what lies next for me at Western Carolina University!
I would love to see more Art and Design classes offered at the Biltmore Park location. The campus is growing and the school offers outings to students at majorly reduced cost that are fun and help students get to know other students.
Overall, the workload is heavy and the courses are tough. The scenery is breath-taking and the friendship that is made are lifelong lasting. The professors are incredible and the University is very accommodating to students needs. Also, the school provides many different extracurricular activities that will fit each student interest, whether outdoors or indoors. The only thing that I would suggest is having more social activities for the incoming freshman to make friendship.
Start Your Review of Western Carolina University
The breath-snatching views of North Carolina's finest mountains are the first thing you wake up to in the morning, starting off every day with a view of what the real world looks like. Brown cafeteria is the hotspot destination due to its fresh food, beautiful architecture, and brand new everything. Afternoons and evenings can be spent enjoying membership in the many clubs and organizations on campus that truly make WCU thrive. Academically, WCU exists as only one of two colleges to offer a minor in leadership -a highly recommended 18-credit program for all. The School of Stage & Screen is one of the nation's top programs for anything theatre, and members of the school will stress this (however, the school's undertakings speak for itself). The Honors College just celebrated its 20th anniversary, and continues to stand out among higher ed institutions for its dedication to research and involvement. WCU is perhaps the most welcoming mountain college in the world!
Western Carolina University is an amazing college. I love. Western has become my home away from home with my new chosen family. I have made so many awesome new friends and had so many new experiences I might not have had if I chose a different college. Everyone is so accepting and kind and even the professors are nice. College is usually a big adjustment that many people cannot handle; however, Western made this an easy transition because it was such a welcoming environment.
Great atmosphere and friendly people, it is a nice rural area, with a great academic, and athletic feeling, when I went to the open house, I met some of the students there, and I felt like I fit right in, I like that there is free tutoring if someone falls behind, or struggles in the course. the campus is a condensed, user friendly campus, and a nice surrounding area. The courses at the university are challenging, but not impossible, and there are many opportunities for internships, and for job shadows, and job creations. Western is a unique school with a very kind atmosphere.