West Virginia Wesleyan College Reviews

This will be my second year attending WVWC and I can't help but brag on my experience here! Ever since my first visit I knew this was my home among the hills. Everyone is so excepting and very helpful here on campus. They never fail to make someone feel at home and is it as if we are all one big family. The professors are unbelievable, academics are some of the best in the state, athletics you can't even get me started on, and the safety is just indescribable! I've never once doubted this college!
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an amazing school. It is comprised of a small campus, a dedicated group of faculty and staff, and vivacious students. It is a place where any individual can thrive, regardless of their interests. Both athletic programs and fine art programs are award winning programs with excellent professors, mentors, and coaches as the backbone. Wesleyan is the heart of the small town of Buckhannon, where the locals are friendly and almost everything is within walking distance. I would recommend WVWC to any student who wishes to thrive on a small campus with endless support.
I like Wesleyan's family feel and security. Also, the small and beautiful campus is wonderful. Although it is a pretty sight, the college all in all is not financially sound and struggles to keep up with state funded schools.
Start Your Review of West Virginia Wesleyan College
I like that West Virginia has helped me find who I am. I have been giving lots of opportunities on campus; Resident Assistant and Student Ambassador just to name a few.
Wesleyan has a beautiful campus, watching the scenery change every season is breathtaking. Things that I would like to see change is the professor's involvement in lectures. What professors put into a lecture is what students will get out of it. I personally find it very important for the professors to elaborate on topics, answer questions, and find different ways of explaining topics.
It was very welcoming and the school building was large and absolutely beautiful. It's small but it allows individualized focus and they'll make sure you'll keep up your grades and I just really enjoy that one on one learning.
I am very proud of this school. I love the at home feeling that this school is able to provide. The cafe needs some better food options but all around this school is very good school to attend. The professors get to know each students well and try to help them successed as much as they can.
In my opinion, WVWC is one of the best colleges around. The students here get the best education and are more prepared for graduate school or the workforce.
The best thing I can say about Wesleyan is that I've never been somewhere the instructors genuinely cared so much about my education. Otherwise, Wesleyan is a disarray of changing leadership that doesn't know what to do with the school. Cost of attendance is ridiculous for the sub-par facilities and the faculty and staff pay is abysmal. You go to college for the education, and my education itself was good, but everything else about this college makes me wish I had chosen another school.
This college has provided a multitude of oppurtunities for me. From mission trips, local service, to internships an professional career preparedness. The college I have come to find out has a national recognition and the students are placed on a high pedalstal when being compared to other students coming from different colleges. Yes it has its flaws but all colleges do.
It's a pretty good college. Though the college is a bit pricey, there is definite good reason. The campus is small, the professors are involved, and everyone is overwhelmingly nice.
I loved the variety of campus organizations you could be a part of. The campus offers a small community of students wit professors so its easier to get one on one help. The campus is a tight small yet friendly family.
Going to visit Wesleyan, they make you feel as if you are a part of the family. They give intimate tours that get you involved with the students as well as some of the professors. I will be playing softball there in the spring and the softball team made me feel as if I was already on the team.
My experience at Wesleyan so far has been amazing. My only suggestions, however, would be to provide better food options and to fix up the older dorms.
Wesleyan is a great school and I feel so lucky to go here! The students are all so incredibly nice, and it's great being able to know everyone on campus. The teachers are genuine and care about every student, and there are hardly classes with more than 30 people. It's true that you have to make the most of it, which is the case with any small school, but the environment overall is welcoming and friendly.
WVWC is a great small-town school, with a student population of about 1500. The classes are small and the professors care about every single one of their students.
Being at wvwc has changed my outlook on life. I have met so many people from across the world and I have been blessed with all of my amazing professors. There is nothing I would change about my experience here.
Start Your Review of West Virginia Wesleyan College
I love the small atmosphere. The classes aren't huge, but that enables the professors to be personable and really assist their students.
I love the small campus. The professors are so helpful. they get to know you by name and they truly care about you. There are two nice dorms but they are very expensive. The affordable dorm rooms need to be remodeled. The campus is well lit and I personally feel secure walking on campus by myself at any hour of the day. Overall, Wesleyan is a great place with a nice atmosphere and I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking at colleges.
The school is not bad itself, the best part about it is the people. You make it as fun as you want it to be and I'm glad I met my friends. I like how the campus is small and that majority of people are in a sport. The academics are good, it have no spectacular things to say about it nor bad things. Overall it is a pretty nice school.