West Virginia Wesleyan is a private, Christian college located in Buckhannon, West Virginia. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,289 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the West Virginia Wesleyan acceptance rate is 71%. Popular majors include Chemistry, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, and Psychology. Graduating 50% of students, West Virginia Wesleyan alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $31,000.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.33 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.35 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.43 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
West Virginia Wesleyan College Reviews
I have been to West Virginia Wesleyan College on many different occasions. I have been there mainly for band and theater activities. Each time I have gone onto the campus the food, people, and overall scene of the campus has been excellent!
I love Wesleyan! The town of Buckhannon is very small but it is beautiful! There are great restaurants and everything is within walking distance. Although it isn't known for a great social life. There are always things to do, campus hold events every weekend and there are always sporting events. The dorms are nice and clean, but they are still dorms. Overall I would recommend Wesleyan to anyone!
This will be my second year attending WVWC and I can't help but brag on my experience here! Ever since my first visit I knew this was my home among the hills. Everyone is so excepting and very helpful here on campus. They never fail to make someone feel at home and is it as if we are all one big family. The professors are unbelievable, academics are some of the best in the state, athletics you can't even get me started on, and the safety is just indescribable! I've never once doubted this college!