West Virginia University Reviews

2,484 reviews
I love the school so much! I didn't plan on going here but now I'm so glad I chose it! Great campus! Love the professors!
The entire atmosphere at WVU is pretty great. Everyone is so friendly and most of the professors are very helpful and welcoming.
I could not ask for a better university. Top notch professors, safe and secured campuses, diverse student lives.
Start Your Review of West Virginia University
I have so far enjoyed WVU. I am a STEM major and the programs, including pre-health are extremely good. I rated WVU as average because while the university does go above and beyond, and have very good prices, it can get dreary and like any university, all professors are not very "good".
This university was fantastic. As a WV resident, I was able to afford a quality education at an accredited school. There were plenty of on-campus activities and opportunities to excel in my field of choice.
Great overall atmosphere! Had a very warm welcome when I visited and if you are into city life and big schools, this is definitely the place to go.
Morgantown is good place and save , the wvu university staff is not very help full and it is not easy to get the rescores you need . must professor are good
I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision to attend WVU (Penn State or WVU).

I absolutely love this campus. Amazing- I am out of state.
West Virginia University to me is a great institution. The academics and the student life are great here at this school. There are several different ways to get involved and hundreds of different organizations to be a part of. WVU is a large and diverse school which makes the college experience ten times better.
West Virginia University has an amazing atmosphere. The professors really care if you succeed or fail and the vast amount of majors and minors are extremely impressive. If I could change one thing, it would be the fact that WVU tends to overcharge students, and there is not enough parking on campus!
I visited and it's such a beautiful campus! I olan on applying soon !!! Cannot believe how nice the buildings were also !
I've grew up being a wvu fan watching sports and such I've been to the campus and ate there and it was amazing. 1 of a kind expierience that you cannot find nowhere else.
WVU is easily the best college I could have come to. The staff and faculty work super hard to make every day a great day. The facilities are clean, the atmosphere is diverse and I've never felt unsafe.
West Virginia University has become a home away from home for me. Coming from New Jersey it is a bit of a culture change coming to West Virginia, none the least to say an exciting new adventure. The professors and existing students are welcoming and I felt welcomed within the first week.
The school is fantastic when it comes to diversity! This not only means that there's different types of people but there's everything you can imagine to do. The pride is amazing, the people are wonderful and the history is like the cherry on top to what makes WVU great. The academics and classes are also superb , and the professors really do care about each individual student even if there is 40,000 of us. Lastly, don't forget that once youre a mountaineer you're always a mountaineer. Let's go Mountaineers!
Its a very goos experienece so far. Everything is slower but efficient i like the campus for the most part.
West Virginia University is an incredibly diverse institution with largely expanding programs of research in the STEM and Social Science fields. Generally, professors want to ensure that students have the best learning outcome, which may not equal the best grades, but best understanding of the material. Usually, general classes and largely needed prerequisites have a high student-to-professor ratio. So most of your prerequisites will not give you a personal interaction with the professors.

The campus is nice, but it is intermingled with the surrounding city of Morgantown. It is kind of odd, so if you're a student who wants the true "college campus" experience, you may not get it at WVU. However, what WVU doesn't have in campus, it makes up for with its party scene. If you are so inclined, there are always parties, clubs, bars, anything and on any day of the week. This may not be great for your GPA, but if it's part of your college dream, WVU will probably be a good fit for you.
Start Your Review of West Virginia University
It's a very large campus with a small town feel. Everyone there is so friendly it's like being apart of a family. There is nothing I would change about it it's perfect.
Its a very historic looking college . Its not too far away from home ." West Virginia University is a wonderful place to attend school. The professors are very helpful, the students friendly, and the atmosphere is great. WVU is not only good in academics but also very good in athletics.'
A wonderful university with excellent academics and student life
Very happy with my decision to attend this great school.