West Virginia University Reviews

2,467 reviews
It's a very large campus with a small town feel. Everyone there is so friendly it's like being apart of a family. There is nothing I would change about it it's perfect.
Its a very historic looking college . Its not too far away from home ." West Virginia University is a wonderful place to attend school. The professors are very helpful, the students friendly, and the atmosphere is great. WVU is not only good in academics but also very good in athletics.'
A wonderful university with excellent academics and student life
Very happy with my decision to attend this great school.
Review West Virginia University
West Virginia University is a unique college. It is known for being a party school, but it has so much more to offer. Some of the professors for introductory classes are too easy, but they all seem like they care. The PRT and hills of Morgantown create a campus that is one of a kind.
West Virginia university was not my first choice, but I'm glad I went here. My first choice was Ohio State university, which I did get accepted into, but it was cheaper for me significantly to go to WVU. At first I thought the school was rough, but once I got settled in to campus life I love this school to pieces. I came from a small town where everyone knew everyone in Ohio. I feel just at home except there is a lot more places to eat! Every class I've had I have known atleast 10 people and every day walking to classes I know atleast 5 people I walk by. You get the small campus feel in a massive campus. I would highly recommend applying and going to WVU
Very good college environment. Most professors are will to go over and beyond to help you succeed. Would recommmend.
I am originally from Virginia but came to WVU for undergrad. I loved everything about this school; I met so many great people and became friends with many of them. During my four years of undergrad I never felt home sick because of the great people at this university. I recently just started graduate school and I am so glad that I am able to come back for three more years.
I haven't attended yet but I have been on the campus twice for the tour and my student orientation. Ive already been accepted and I am happy to say the the community I feel is one huge family. Ive enjoyed my recent visits and can't wait to become an official mountaineer!
West Virginia University is home to me. I honestly cannot imagine attending another university. The campus is unique, historical, and beautiful. There's always something to do and something going on. The people are friendly and supportive and everyone there is striving to learn.
I have one full academic year of experience under my belt with West Virginia University and I love my college for many reasons. WVU is one of the most prideful universities out there, and the campus is super diverse which brings in a lot of different ideas and new experiences to the campus. It is almost heaven!
I loved attending West Virginia University as an undergrad. The college atmosphere is amazing and there are always things to do. Many times potential students become weary of the Universities' student culture due to some of the negative publicity that the school receieves. I would like to personally attest to the integrity of the University and to the integrity of the overall student body as being nothing less than genuine and uplifting.
So far I have loved my experience and made a lot of new friends. Being a mountaineer is something you never lose pride in and morgantown has truly become my home.
As an incoming freshman at WVU, I am so excited to be a part of the Mountaineer family. The academic standards are obviously average, but WVU offers challenging courses as well as an honors college for those who seek to challenge themselves. The in-state tuition cannot be beat, and WVU offers in-state tuition to out-of-state students for several majors. WVU has students and alumni from all across the country as well as all across the world; this school is not lacking in diversity. The campus is beautiful, but how could it not be? It is in the mountain state after all. The opportunities at WVU are endless, no matter what you are interested in. Dorms are well maintained and match their cost very well. WVU is the pride of West Virginia and the state's largest economic contributor. I am so lucky to attend this university!
You would be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't take a moment out of their day to help you. Everyone wants to help you do your best and achieve all of your goals. The only downside is the distance you have to travel between your classes, but that problem is solved somewhat by the Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) and the buses that run continuously. WVU has an unique energy to it that is hard to find other places.
I am currently a freshman, but this school university has been good to me. I have already met so many people from all over the place. They offer an abundance amount of activities to help students get involved. I have had great help with my academic work. One thing I would change of course, would be the tuition fee.
WVU has so much to offer. It is so easy to get involved on a campus with so much to offer from clubs, Greek life, and athletics.
Review West Virginia University
West Virginia University is an amazing school that I was able to begin attending last fall. The faculty is great and I fit in great with all of the different types of students. There is no where else I would go now that I have spent one year at WVU.
As a current student, I believe that this school creates a great environment and attempts to develop their students very well. Their freshman programs for each major really makes your major become a big family.
My mom and uncles all went to WVU. I was in Morgantown when i was little with my mom when she went to college. I want to carry on the tradition in the family and go there myself.