West Virginia University Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.8 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.7 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.7 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities34 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering17 Graduates
Civil Engineering12 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering12 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration7 Graduates
Computer Engineering5 Graduates
Electrical Engineering Technician5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.16 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.18 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.6 responses
West Virginia University Institute of Technology Reviews
My experience here has beem awesome. All professors I have had were very friendly, and taught the required material very well. The walks to each class are not very far, even if walking from one end of campus to the other. 10 minutes are given to go to the next class if a student has one immediately after, and this is sufficient time to get there. All buildings have WiFi, and this is very nice. The only thing I would like to see change is the drainage system in the parking lot next to Life Science Building, as when it rains, it's basically a river that covers your feet as you walk through it.
They make you feel at home and are always trying to help. Offering many varieties of helping option to not only get you started and settled in but to also help you keep the grades you are striving for. I would like to see the flag pole become safe so we can fly the American flag outside of our building. We need a flag!
While WVU-Tech is a relatively small campus with small student to faculty ratios, the overall feel of the university rivals that of larger institutions.