West Virginia University at Parkersburg Reviews

My experience has been great. I love the flexibility of classes. Teachers are very considerate of student home life. The teachers provide good sources for the students to complete their work in a manageable amount of time. All the staff are very friendly and easy to work with as well. I feel like I’m home at WVUP.
At WVUP everyone is there to help you succeed. They do not leave and student behind. They have tutors there for any one to use, if needed. Class sizes are small so there is more room for one on one. The classes are not just lectures, you are allowed to ask questions and interact with the professors.
The professors are very intelligent and welcoming. The building is very neat and clean and the students are nice.
Start Your Review of West Virginia University at Parkersburg
This college is definitely good for anyone who wants to be close to home and affordable classes. I have had a great experience here with the people and professors. The professors all want to help and class sizes are small and comfortable. All the students here range from high school to Older adults and everything flows nicely.
I love the diversity of the college, as well as the setting, the college is close to a lot of different atmospheres.
I love attending this school it’s in my home town so it’s nice to be near family. There are some very nice and professional proffesors/instructors and then there’s the not so good ones. I suggest that you meet with your proffesor before you start the class because even though it’s college some can be a pain in the butt. Overall love the school and the staff is always quick to jump with help they can offer. Love the tutoring center and the services they provide!
I am just about to begin my third year at this facility. I have to say that this place means business. I have had to work my tail off every semester to keep the acceptable academic standings I have. The courses, teachers and content are extraordinary. For being such a small school, they have one hell of a drive for success with all of their students. I am very happy to be attending. I am extremely impressed with this establishment.

As expected, there are no dorms or housing.
My name is Leah Sutton. West Virginia University at Parkersburg is great. I have lived in Parkersburg all of my life, and by going to school here I get to stay close to home!
I like that it is a small campus and even then the class sizes are small. I also like that the professors are always willing to help with anything you need and work with the class to figure out the best way to go over the material.
I believe my school is great! I love living off of campus and commuting to school from home. The office staff and counselors are great and so helpful with any questions/problems I ever have. My professors are great teachers and they are good at developing lesson plans very well. They understand that not everyone learns the same way.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg has a lot of good qualities for the newly graduated high school student and the more non-traditional student like myself. The science teachers are tough but I feel like I'm really learning. I would probably make the teachers a little more accessible to students. They are all nice and great but can be a little intimidating to reach out to when struggling with areas of certain subjects.
Nice community college. You can get a degree for less money than a big college with the same classes.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg is a good school for those who lack a huge income. They offer a multitude of services for veterans and the disabled, and are very welcoming to all who apply.
Unfortunately I am not working right now so my schedule is actually quite easy to accommodate. However, I know many who are working and have said that the availability of classes is great - especially the evening and online classes.
I have only had a couple of online courses and the system I took them in is not in use. They just updated to BlackBoard this semester. So far, the functions that I have needed to use in it seems to be great and I've heard others say how much they like it. Of course, it was an adjustment for those that were used to the old system.
Because I am in the nursing program and this area is low on nurses, the local hospitals are always looking to the college for new graduates to come work for them.
There are so many courses of study available at WVUP. From nursing, criminal justice, art, mechanic, music, teachers/education, and more! Classes are just the right size which helps with getting to know other students. The professors, to me, are top notch. I have not had one yet that I did not like! Honest.
Start Your Review of West Virginia University at Parkersburg
I cannot give this the best rating because I am still not familiar with everything they have to offer for career prospects.
I am currently in my first semester of nursing school for RN. This program is one of the top programs in WV. Although the work that is required outside of class is intense and time consuming, I know I am getting the best education. They have the second best lab/simulation facility in WV with real life mechanical bodies to learn on. The professors and instructors work as hard as we do to keep us moving in the right direction!
So far, I have had the best experience at WVU-Parkersburg. This small college is close-by with so many different education paths available. All of my professors have been incredible and actually seem to enjoy teaching. As an adult returning to college, I couldn't imagine a better place. I would definitely choose this college again and wished I had my first time around 15 years ago. My favorite class ever was Deviant Behavior because the professor truly knew the material and was super engaging with the students. Hoping to take another class with him if possible!