West Virginia State University Reviews

I enjoy having he option of online classes and classroom classes. It allows flexibility, and gives me more freedom to maintain being a mother and having a family.
My experience at West Virginia State University wasn't exactly what I expected. I always thought the classrooms were bigger with smaller chairs attached to them. My favorite part of college is the classroom. I learned how to think outside of the box, debate, ideas and build friendships with people who are still now my friends. I was apart of dance team a WVSU. It was the most exciting experience. I enjoyed being the center of attention. I danced at different schools and made connections with people I never once thought would cross paths. West Virginia State University could in improve in being more involve in the students life on campus. Many times I see students complain that they do not receive enough financial help from financial Aid offices. Students often say that they lack support from their teachers as well. The best way that WVSU can improve in this area is by allowing students to be introduced to different scholarship opportunities.
Overall very good. Very diverse with many international students. Low student to professor ratio. Not a party school at all.
Start Your Review of West Virginia State University
This university is very good if you (the individual) is very interested in doing research. There are a wide variety of topics of research to choose from.
I like the programs the college has to offer and the improvement in education. State has some of the top educational programs and I believe would help me in pursuit of my education degree. College is an important choice and I think that State has an exceptional program. I believe that after completing my degree that I will have help finding a career. I think the money is well worth the investment in college and will help me have a successful career.
They do not care about you at all!! The employees that are not instructors are absolutely useless and have no idea what they are doing. The commuter students are screwed because the awful President never cancels class even when the roads are undriveable.
I loved having a closed campus. No main roads through the campus which made for a wonderful place to study, participate in sports, or other activities that were held in the quad.
This small campus really allows you to get the personally college experience and allows a lot of one on one with professors since classes are smaller than larger universities.
I am a soon to be student, every interaction I have had has been very pleasant. It is a great school to work with.
I like the welcoming that i received from the staff at WVU. They helped me feel like starting a new journey will be achievable.
West Virginia University is a great place to learn new things everyday. They work make students more involved throughout campus. The campus is very beautiful and it is such a big school, there is a place for everyone. I am not too happy about the way we register for classes because they do not anticipate for the amount of students who plan to register for a specific class and not everyone can register for the class that semester. It is solely based on luck if you hit the button to register on time before someone else. But all in all, I am happy I chose West Virginia because it gave me a chance to learn how to be more independent and prove to myself and others I can be successful.
An overly diverse HBCU in the middle of institute, WV. HAs no social atmosphere or party life... not a fan
I am a first time freshman at West Virginia State University. When I came here I wanted an HBCU experience and I have yet to experience it. The school is no where near what a traditional HBCU is supposed to be. For all the money that's paid here people should be getting a better experience.
The times I have been to WVSU I loved how they have the alumni tombs on the campus. I am in love with how old fashion it is. I love how it still has houses from people living there a long time ago and making them into special rooms for the campus to enjoy while walking to class. The campus itself is small which I love, because it's easy to get from one place to another. People there no everyone, which I like that feeling that if I go to a professor that I won't just be a face to them that I'll actually be a name.
Beautiful campus! Diverse group of professors that care about you. Small classes. Tuition and fees are more affordable than surrounding collages. Parking can be tough though, spaces are very narrow and there are countless hit-and-runs and people stealing license plates. Air conditioning runs all year, so classes are freezing. Be prepared!
I absolutely love WVSU. I am currently in my second year there and I couldn't be anymore happier with my college decision. The campus is small, which I like, and the faculty, staff, and other students are the best.
It's been the best time of my life so far! You feel like family, or you can hide and blend in. Just perfect all around!
Start Your Review of West Virginia State University
It's in a relatively central location in the state. There are options to take many courses online, and a few degree programs have been added that can be done completely online from start to finish. The staff in most of the University offices are helpful and knowledgeable, and go above and beyond to help you or steer you in the right direction. The hours for some of the offices and the bookstore aren't really convenient for commuting students if they are coming from farther than 1 hour away to get to campus. Campus itself is beautiful. Well maintained and taken care of. Campus security definitely needs improvement and the majority of officers are rude.
They go above and beyond for their students . They have help through student services and student life is great too
My enrollment counselled was amazingly helpful. everyone is great about getting back with you about anything, you need help with. I'm an online student and the website is great to use it is easy to use and their is always someone that can help you if you do need help. The professors are great to work with and if something major happens can be helpful as well.