West Valley College Reviews

West Valley College is a nice college. I believe it does its job as a community college and gets you ready for transfer to a state or university. I gave it 3 stars because there is nothing exceptional about the school so far. There is one teacher has inspired me to change my major to communications. So I thank him and am so glad to have had the opportunity to have take Public Speaking with Dr.Hannigan.I also like an academic counselor her name is Alicia Cardenas and she has been so helpful in my transition from high school to junior college. Besides those two teachers at West Valley I also have been custom to their Mental Health Services department and a counselor named Alexa has been so patient and kind and helpful in helping me out with my anxiety and my stress. Those three keep me going to West Valley and make my experience all the much better
The whole environment of West Valley is very uplifting. The teachers I have been able to have have been very helpful and focused on what the students need to do to be able to pass. There are techers who are not as organized unfortunately. There are lots of options for classes throughout the school year. For my major specifically being English, the classes I have taken thus far have been very intriguing. There are also many choices for physical education from swimming to yoga etc.. I'm very happy I made the choice to go here because I see a big difference compared to other community colleges. The downfault is that it's a little far for me, but I don't regret where I chose to go.
My first year at West Valley College I can say, I had a positive experince. The school's atmosphere is great and the teachers made me want to continue college. After high school, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go to college, but upon my parents request I registered, got A's my first semester and developed positive relationships with my professors. The only thing I would be concerned with is some professors at this college. I had the misfortune to come across some professors who do not care for students or downright made the learning experince boring. I can't entirely blame the professors who are boring; some people just don't have it in them to be exciting, but the teachers who discourage students they are the issues in this school. If a student is trying to reach out to a teacher to understand a concept or get feedback the last thing a teacher should do is talk back to the student or worse ignore them. It goes to show that they don't care for the students in their class.
Start Your Review of West Valley College
I really like West Valley college. I think they could use a little remodeling and upgrading. They have a beautiful atmosphere and it is very naturistic. I enjoy the walk between classes and the fresh air. Nice change to being inside a room most of the time. The teachers are very knowledgeable and are helpful. The online system took me a while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze!
I enjoyed attending. I took online and in-person classes. I liked the teachers and the campus is really pretty. I really enjoyed the ballet classes that were offered. If I could go back I would!
At West Valley, you can be a full-time student while working! The professors I've had are all amazing people and teachers, and they all have a passion for their respective subjects. This campus has the ultimate diversity, as it has not only every race and gender, but the students are also a variety of ages. And, you save a TON of money while getting the same undergraduate education courses you would at a University!
I like the location and how clean it is the campus is. The financial helped me a lot and the teachers are very good in explaining lectures
I really love West Valley. The campus is beautiful. There are lots of trees, and they are always updating the campus. All the teachers are passionate and very thorough. There are always lots of activities and the student body is very involved. They even have really good food in the cafeteria. The breakfast burritos are amazing!
West Valley has a gorgeous campus and a fantastic staff of teachers. I do wish their counselors were more ambitious and would inquire to make sure students are on track. This school very often will have students there for much longer than was originally anticipated due to poor planning and lack of help from councelors.
I love this school. The professors are amazing and they truly care about your success as a student and as an individual. I have never felt so secure in my education than I did at West Valley. The faculty, staff, and the President are absolutely fantastic and I am honored to have been a student at West Valley and I feel so much more confident going into San Jose State!
The College Campus is beautiful, it is surround by nature and is a peaceful place to relax outside and focus on your work. The students are all very friendly and are very diverse.
West Valley has great online class options. The professors are usually pretty fair about letting you add even if the class is full.
The admissions process was horrible. We worked extra hard to have priority for getting into our classes and the admissions office kept losing our things or telling us the wrong information. I even went into the honors program to have higher priority; however, because of the mistakes of the counselors, I ended up being lowest priority and had to be put on the waiting list for SUMMER classes. I eventually got in but had to go West Valley in person multiple times to fix THEIR mistakes. Not cool.
This community college, situated on the Saratoga hills in sunny California, provides students with the necessary resources for certificates, associates degrees, and transfer classes. Their various classes are taught by dedicated teachers in picturesque facilities. The transit from class to class takes you through the forest, up and down walkways, and over creeks. Some of the buildings are old, but most are being remodeled and overall, they are not that bad. The staff at admissions or assessments, for example, are not the friendliest, though. Still, you can always count on the benevolent and helpful counseling staff to guide you in whatever it may be. Their computer systems struggle a bit to keep up with the amount of demand the students have, especially since this year they have switched their internet servers.
West Valley College has something for everyone at a low cost; excellent degree and certificate programs, activities and clubs, and instructors who are devoted to student's success.
My Park Management professors brought many years of field experience to the classroom and made my college experience exciting and hands-on.
The campus itself is like a park, with a creek running through it, and a preserve behind one of the buildings. I admire WVC's commitment to sustainability and to student success. I would not change anything about this college.
I only took one online class with West Valley so far but it was a well-structured, well-organized class. The teacher was very helpful and professional.

Personally, I learned a lot from the class. It took a lot of time and was just challenging enough for me to grasp the concepts as well as get all the work done.
I've had a great experience with West Valley. Every professor and administrator has been amazing to work with, and they've made it very easy for me as a new student to navigate everything. The counselors helped me pick the right classes and understand my course of study. The financial aide department has been excellent in answering all of my questions and showing me the aid thats available to me. And all of my professors have been knowledgeable and inspiring. All of my classes are either online or in the design building on campus. The building is brand new, and everything is beautiful. The online system, Canvas, is clean and easy to navigate. I love it!
Start Your Review of West Valley College
My experience at West Valley has been remarkable. From the caring professors to the AMAZING breakfast burrito's, West Valley is the perfect college to help with transfer to a 4-year university. They offer a wide variety of classes, clubs, campus activities, office hours, and tutoring center, student health center, counseling, and many other attributions. Not only the the campus ranked #1 for community colleges in California for being the most beautiful campus, but the nature of the campus is so calming and delightful.
I have taken a regular person to person, class experience course however we it wasn't any different from an online class. Everything we did was based on internet use and peer help. I prefer the trafitional classroom experience but will definitely take to my advantage any online course I will need.
West Valley staff have helped me to get the classes that I will need to complete my bachelors but done by a great staff for a less cost. As well they help each student to fit the needs to transfer to a higher level in their education.