West Texas A&M University Reviews

1,051 reviews
West Texas A&M University is a great school. The campus is small, but very pretty. I have enjoyed being a student at West Texas A&M because the people are nice, and for the most part the class sizes are small. It also offers a great education for a more reasonable tuition cost compared to other schools. West Texas A&M University has great professors and gives their students a wonderful, peaceful environment to get their education in. They have a variety of opportunities for the students to take advantage of, both educationally and in the work field. WT really cares about their students and wants to see each one of us succeed. I really like that the library is accessible until midnight throughout the week. This has been very helpful for me because I get a lot of work done there. The school could use more parking, but other than that it is a university I would recommend.
The best small university experience is West Texas A&M University. The campus is the perfect size. The students and faculty are always more than eager to help with any problems you could encounter. Professors are genuinely concerned about the academic well being of the students and do everything in their power to make sure the students succeed in their classes.
Boring campus and student life. Not much to do in canyon. Professors have been kind for the most part. A lot of want to be cowboys.
Start Your Review of West Texas A&M University
I love studying music at WTAMU. The faculty are experienced, talented, professional, and dedicated to each student's personal growth, development, and wellbeing as a musician.
It’s a great school. Just the perfect size, not too big not too small. I also like that’s it’s close to home.
When going to look for a school to attend this college was perfect! People was nice and it very pretty there too.
I enjoy going to West Texas AMU. Like all schools it has its problems but the campus support you receive more than makes up for it. Everyone is so friendly and campus life is easy to intergrate in to,
West Texas A&M University has a lot of potential. I am a recent graduate from the Mass Communication program. Please keep in mind if you are going through the electronic media program that the following is not taught:
UX/UI
Basic Animation
The whole program is news heavy, and very dated. I’d advise to attend an art institute afterwards if you want to become involved in a creative field.
The faculty at West Texas A&M are very supportive and are there to help students achieve. There is not a lot that this institution need to change other than perhaps upgrading some of its dorms.
This school is the best I have looked at. I chose to attend this school because of the cost, as well as the staff. This university has the best faculty in the nation. They truly care about their students and want each one to be successful with the path that each student chooses.
I love West Texas A&M University! It is located in Canyon, TX. Canyon is a very calm town with just enough happening around it to keep you busy on and off campus. Once you step onto campus, you will find yourself feeling right at home. However, some parts of the dorms are under construction and that can be a slight hassle. Other than that, WTAMU is a great place to further your education!
West Texas A&M University is wonderful place for people of all types of personalities. Every person you meet is so friendly. There are a million ways to get involved. WT is my home away from home and I am proud to say that. While there are plenty of fun things to do on campus, their curriculum is taken very seriously and is successful. Their online Bachelor's program is ranked 4th in the nation. Parents: You will feel secure about sending your child to WTAMU.
The school is far from any night life but the professors are passionate about what they teach and the class sizes are small.
You feel like your home once you give yourself time to adjust. Everyone is friendly and easy to be friends with and most of the professors are there to help you and are willing to help you through the class if you show effort and make the time to speak with them,
West Texas A&M University in Canyon, TX offers a friendly, small-college experience and at the same time a scenic campus and skilled professors. There's a bit of everything for every student of every major. I was a music major during my time here and the community was incredible, my professors were approachable and professional, and I was well-prepared for my field upon graduation.
I'd change a few things, including the housing situation. The only area the college could potentially change would be the dorm situation. Many are outdated, lack air conditioning, and cost more than they should to live in. The apartments and rental homes are similar to the dorms. There are very nice apartments, that cost a lot, and pretty bad apartments, that cost less but are still not worth what a resident will pay. My adoption of a large dog constricted my housing options even further. Aside from these couple of hiccups, my time at WTAMU was fantastic, and I recommend it to just about anyone.
I am a Theater Education major and the absolute best part of my experience at this school came from the love and community that has been built amidst this university's Theater department. Everyone in the department is so welcoming and helpful to one another and it is very encouraging for someone like myself that was new to both this town and this university. Overall, this university was very fun and interesting. There was always something going on that we could take part in and it was very refreshing.
When I came to West Texas A&M in the fall of 2015, I was scared out of my mind because my life was about to change drastically. During New Student Orientation, I interacted with multiple people who were very outgoing and friendly. I met someone who would soon be one of my closest friends at NSO. WT is a beautiful campus. There are definitely some issues as far as the faculty are concerned, but my time here has been a blast and a learning experience. I wouldn't want to attend school anywhere else.
Start Your Review of West Texas A&M University
I love this school. It has a very safe campus. The music department is just amazing. The people in the school want you to be involved. They are so nice and I am lucky to be going to WT
WT is a growing community, and has many similarities to other colleges, and benefits from being a part of the A&M system. However, some things differ from other colleges I've visited or heard of.
The University is located in the small ambient town of Canyon, Texas and Amarillo, Texas is only a 10 min drive away to satisfy any needs.
Campus is well maintained and not excessively large so classes are quick to get to. There are always tons of activities, organizations, and events that make West Texas A&M unique and fun. Staff and students alike are professional and positive suiting WT with a comfortable environment. Tuition and quality when compared to most other Texas Universities make WT ideal to attend.