West Coast University - Dallas Reviews

My experience so far as has been mostly positive. I did have one incident that I believe could've been handled better on their end but I have taken it all in stride. Albeit it is very expensive to stay there but it is definitely worth staying there.
DON'T GO PLEASE this place takes your money. They havea high teacher turn over rate as well as Dean turnover. So it makes it hard on the students. Then they just let you go.with all that debt that is accumulated. If you don't pass the ati Proctor at the end of each class regardless of your grade at the time it's a probability you won't pass the class. If you can please go to a community college or a real university.one that doesn't just take your money.
My name is Deborah and I am a mother of a five-month-old baby girl. Ive always wanted to be a nurse but things always happen. so, one day I was at home llooking through schools and there it was WCU so I decided to check them out and unfortnately my phone was messed up, but they were able to reach me on my fiance cell phone and I love my advisor, she's all about helping and carrying for her student and it really motivated me to push through the Teas test and see from there.
Start Your Review of West Coast University - Dallas
They are very understanding and helpful with the admissions process. I have found that unlike others school that its easier to be able to join a nursing program. I have been dreaming of becoming a nurse one day and I am glad that I have found West Coast.
I had a wonderful experience at West Coast University. I toured the campus a year ago, I wasn't too sure about attending the college. But advisor and staff reassured me that I can and will succeed.
My advisor stood by my side from the time I enrolled during my pregnancy all up until after my maternity leave to continue and finish my process in which I was formally accepted into the school.
There clinical sites are in old run down hospitals. You have to get what you can. The only good rotations in major hospitals is Cooks children's and Methodist for OB. If you want better clinical experience then go to a different University.
Academically you teach yourself a lot of material. So if you struggle with time management or certain topics then you'll have a hard time passing.
Professors come and go. Since I started there is only a couple original professors. It's sad because the ones that left were the best.
I've liked literally all of my professors except one. Although it is expensive, the facility is clean, updated frequently, and has the necessary equipment to learn your nursing skills. I removed one star because of their facility to accept new professors as well as students. There should be a stricter protocol for who is accepted into the school. All in all, I feel that I am being well prepared to be a nurse and will strive even better than I would have at any other school. This school makes sure you are prepared to pass the NCLEX and help you find employment after graduation, whereas other schools do not care what happens to you once you graduate. This is why this school has the highest NCLEX success rate.
Very expensive. They have high end equipment everything is update in the nursing program. It is a private institution so tuition is expensive, in my opinion too expensive! However it is fast paste and you learn a lot. WCU is ranked #38 in the nation. WCU nursing program operates on a 10 wk schedule 10 credit classes. Be prepared to work hard and study harder.
Very good but expensive school. If prerequisites are not complete then you can take then here, only setback is that you are only allowed to take 3 courses per term. School is located in a leased building and West coast takes up part of the first, 5th, and 6th floors. Classes are fast paced but not hard to handle as long as you do your work every week.
They're are very motivated and always there to help you out whenever needed. Admissions advisor are so kind and do whatever is best for you and to satisfy your need at West coast university
The thing I liked most about West Coast University is everyone was polite and very interested in your future. I would like to see night classes begin that way students can still maintain their jobs while going to school.
The staff was very helpful and informative throughout the whole process. They provide a prep class for the hesi as well as a book to check out from the library free of charge and they also payed for the test as long as I took it with them. The financial aid process also went smoothly, and I was awarded all my funds in a timely manner. I highly recommend this school.
I was very excited to start in an accelerated bachelors program. At first the GE course were great. Then once I started the core nursing classes I realized how unorganized the school was. No one seems to communicate and they double book your schedule. Then when there is a student issue they seem to dismiss it and not investigate.
West coast university is all about the money, the administrative faculty is not there for you and they make that known. Dr. Munchel is so unprofessional and ignorant, and this campus morale will continue to suffer as long as she is there as the Dean!
Learning a lot just at a very fast pace, the cost is very expensive but the return to have great job when completed is worth the cost. There is no waiting list, no lottery, just first come first serve. Love it.
West Coast University has helpful instructors that want students to strive and succeed. The environment is amazing for students who are trying to learn.
Start Your Review of West Coast University - Dallas
My overall experience with this school is that they want you to succeed in your education. So, they give you resources and help as much as possible. My favorite experience was when I emailed my professors, they always responded the next day. I would choose this school again specially if I have money to afford the tuition.
Career Services is very helpful and places you with a job that is in your desired field.
The admissions office is very hands on and tries to ensure the whole process is simple for students.