Wells College Reviews

I have enjoyed my experiences at Wells so far. Although the school is small, it is never lacking things to do. While my classwork keeps me plenty busy, I often go to school events, shows, or sports games. The teachers that I've had so far have been pretty good, and I'm learning a lot as a political science major . Although I am early into my experience here, I have already been exposed to life after Wells and the resources I have available to me. It makes me excited about my future.
Wells is a good school. They make sure you're okay in all forms and everyone is really welcoming. Also, the teachers are really nice!
In my last year here at Wells, I can tell you that it's an amazing school. I'm used to a small class size most of my high school life and Wells is the perfect place for that type of class setting. The teachers are easy to get in contact with when you need help and easy to become friends with. The school is quite but our Student Activities group make sure we have a ton of events to go to. It's a place where you can feel at home
Start Your Review of Wells College
Wells College is everything I've expected it to be and more! Everyone here is extremely welcoming and enthusiastic. The campus is gorgeous, set right on the lake. There is never a shortage of things to do here. Its truly a Wells Family!
As a current student at Wells College I could not have picked a better school to attend. Wells is a tight-knit community. It is so easy to get involved on campus through different clubs, sports, or activities that are happening. Although Wells College is particularly small, it is rare to walk around campus and not see a familiar face. This also makes it really easy for all of your professors to get to know your name and to actually take the time to get to know you as a person and as a student. Most classes are held in a discussion based setting, as professors here at Wells really encourage students to learn alongside each other rather than just holding lecture classes. There are also tons of traditions here that make Wells such a unique place. Wells is located in the small town of Aurora, NY. Although Aurora is a small and quite place, places such as Ithaca, Syracuse, and Cortland are all within driving distance. Wells College could not have been a better fit for me!
Wells College sits on Cayuga lake in Aurora, NY. Wells College recognizes how secluded its campus is and has developed shuttle services that allow students to be able to travel to surrounding cities in order for the students to shop, get groceries, and to be able to travel outside the town limits of Aurora. This shuttle service also provides weekend trips around New York to allow student to experience Niagara Falls, Watkins, Glen, and many more unique experiences that aren't found in other areas. The professors work to create a relationship with their students. Because of this, it is hard to fail at Wells. Everyone wants you to succeed. There's always a large variety of food in the dining hall, which has newly expanded its hours from 7am-8pm to accommodate all students' schedules. There are tons of wacky, fun traditions like Odd Even that really make your college experience special and worth while. Wells is definitely unique, but that uniqueness is what makes it a 5 star school.
Wells College is a great family-oriented environment great for learning and getting a jumpstart on your career. The dining is top of the line considering it being a small school. The town of Aurora is a great environment to go to school in with access to The Fargo the best restaurant in the Cayuga Lake area.
So far Wells College has gone above my expectations of satisfaction as a current student. The campus itself is beautiful and the view of Cayuga Lake everyday is magical! Life around here is pretty soothing, in 3 years of attending and living on campus I have had no complaint whatsoever. There's always something to do at any given moment so you can always find ways to procrastinate from your studies. Overall choosing to attend Wells College has proven to be the best decision so far for my academic and social life. It is a campus where I am constantly learning every day and I cannot wait to see what my next 2 years here have in store!
I absolutely love Wells. It's a great school for those students who want a smaller, more intimate college experience. The professors here are great, and they work really hard making sure the students understand the material. I come from a large city, and I actually enjoy the small village of Aurora. It is peaceful, but there's enough going on at the college (athletic events, traditions, dances, activities, etc.) that I don't feel bored. We also have a new dining service which is way better than the previous. 10/10 recommend!
Wells college is located on a beautiful lake with woods behind it. The teachers and classes are amazing! Many students on campus run the school itself. RA's don't do their job and drink and smoke with the students they should be watching. Food is ok at first but the more you eat it, the less different options there are. The surrounding area doesn't have much restaurants so the food on campus should be good. Not many clubs or activities on campus. Club meetings are rarely advertised to the students.
A beautiful campus, however tuition is high. Teachers are wonderful and understanding, but those in the main building for financial aid, business office, Human Resources, etc need a better understanding of what students are really going through. Hit and miss with finding someone that will take the time to listen to what you need.
Wells College for me is one of the best colleges I've ever seen. The professors actually care about their students and have great relationships with all of them. The campus is small so that allows everyone to know everyone and you're bound to make friends. The campus is also beautiful and right across from Cayuga lake is you ever need to take a break. The classes are also very small and intimate, plus the food is reallllly good.
One of the best decisions I ever made was to choose Wells. I was accepted at University if Pennsylvania, Mount Holyoke, and Keuka College, but I knew Wells was the place for me after sitting in on classes, staying overnight in the form and just meeting the people. The campus is the right size without being overwhelming, excellent professors and facilities, dorms that become a close neighborhood and friends who will last a lifetime. Want an average college, go to wherever......want a college experience that will launch you prepared for the world, choose Wells. You won't be disappointed.
This school claims to be a liberal arts college; however, the administration is doing everything in its power to make sure they get rid of all liberal arts majors. The retention rate at this school is awful because they lie about the majors and courses that they provide.
As a freshman here at Wells, I feel I've made a good choice in deciding to enroll here. I found myself joining more clubs compared to my high school career, such as Henry's VIII, which is the school's co-ed a capella group.
The small class sizes do help develop great relationships between professors and students. Since this school is a liberal arts college, you do find yourself gaining knowledge in a lot of other fields such as Book Arts and Psychology. Not to mention that the traditions are pretty interesting as well. For example, I had to the chance to participate in Odd/Even, which is one of the school's biggest traditions. By joining the Men's Odd team, I feel like I didn't just join a team. I feel like I joined a family. Wells is definitely a good choice for students.
I have received a ton of financial aid from wells. Their campus is lovely and their Henry Wells Scholar Celebration was a great experience.
Wells is a beautiful school with many helpful and caring faculty/staff members, though the small size of the school and and lack of online class options makes scheduling tough.
Start Your Review of Wells College
I've never seen anything like it. It values much, however, the administration and the way the school is conducted is just horrific and a disappointment. If you want to lose alot of money and time on high school level courses and a discriminatory campus, enjoy
I love Wells College. The faculty, the staff, and fellow students are all generous and the most helpful people I have ever met. The campus is beautiful in any weather, classes are challenging but exciting, the food is excellent, and student life offers many activities for students.
Wells is incredibly unique—great academics with passionate professors, a close-knit community, and traditions that students actually care about.

BUT beware of the administrative problems. They are notorious for telling seniors they can’t graduate about 2 months before graduation because of things like too many credits in one area and whatnot (happened to me and several people I know). They usually sort it out but that’s the last kind of stress seniors in college need.