- 4 Year
- AURORA, NY
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Wells College is open and we welcome visitors by appointment. Our Admission team and student tour guides are delighted to safely offer personalized tours this fall. Your health and the health of our community is our highest priority, so please call ahead or email us so we can provide the very best experience. Click the link for more COVID-related info. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade C minus
- Athleticsgrade C+
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade C minus
- Dormsgrade C
- Campus Foodgrade C minus
- Student Lifegrade C minus
- Safetygrade C minus
Choose a college where you can explore diverse interests in a safe and supportive environment. A Wells education in the liberal arts and sciences will help your bright future thrive. Our students are well-rounded global citizens who are as in tune with their local communities as they are with the world. Learn in graduate-style seminars, conduct research alongside faculty mentors, and participate in professional internships and hands-on learning in the real world.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 33 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biology25 Graduates
- Psychology21 Graduates
- Business19 Graduates
- Creative Writing8 Graduates
- Performing Arts7 Graduates
- Sociology6 Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology5 Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching5 Graduates
- Environmental Science4 Graduates
- Political Science and Government4 Graduates
Business and Entrepreneurship
Prepare for a career in business in a hands-on bachelor's degree program that offers valuable learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom. At Wells, you will have opportunities to work with area businesses to solve real-world business challenges and even design your own business.
- One group = one mind7%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 31 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 37 responses
- Home away from home5%
- Tragic irony5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 14 responses
Wells College Reviews
There was no singular platform used for online lectures, with some professors using Zoom and others using Google Meet.
Most professors/instructors had already utilized Moodle for their classes when things were normal, and continued to do so during the pandemic. Some of them made the textbooks and other course materials available online for their students who may have left theirs on campus when they left for Spring Break and weren't able to retrieve them.
I personally struggled a lot with online learning, but mostly because I learn better in person.
Other than the expected network or hardware troubles and after a reimagining of office hours and accessibility, I think that the professors/instructors handled the switch to online learning quite well.