Wellesley College Reviews

The campus is beautiful and the academics are excellent. Unfortunately, there is not a great social scene, most weekends the campus feels pretty empty because people often go to Boston or are studying.
Wellesley is at best a mediocre college. I have never been treated with such disrespect. When I hung up posters for an event questioning single payer, 20-30 were torn down and six saying, "eat shit bigot" were placed over the remaining posters.

Some students here are the most selfish, narcissistic, entitled women I have ever met. They believe they can speak for minorities even though some minorities outside the Wellesley bubble have different opinions from them. And some just talk about how great they are. I have great respect for my undergraduate and graduate friends at MIT because they are smart, but they are way more humble than some Wellesley students.

I've had former friends ignore me over subjects we disagree on and classmates who thought independently become 'Wellesleyfied.'

If you're looking for a college which encourages creative thinking, this is not the place.
Wellesley is an amazing, multi-faceted school. It is 100% what you make of it. The campus is a bit secluded and the course load may be stressful but the community and the sisterhood makes every problem worthwhile.
Start Your Review of Wellesley College
Wellesley is an amazing place and as an alum I experience the benefits of having attended every day. Being part of an alumnae/i network that is always available and willing to help us a huge advantage. Not to mention my first two jobs after college had a Wellesley connection. Academically, Wellesley is very difficult and practices grade deflation wherein class averages are supposed to come out to a B+ at the highest. This can make it competitive with your classmates, but it also pushes you to do some really great work. Additionally they have a largest endowment and award need based financial aid generously. I would absolutely recommend Wellesley to anyone.
Being a student at Wellesley was a great experience. I can not hype up the college enough. Life here can be intense with everyone having a strong opinion and everyone working really hard but I would not have chosen a different college. What I have learned at Wellesley is still very applicable to my life both professional and personal life. My friends from Wellesley are still my closest friends today.
Wellesley is a campus full of driven women determined to succeed and make a difference in the world. There are no gen-ed requirements, meaning all classes are small and filled with students from all years. The student body in general is very liberal (it is a women's college in a blue state) and some students complain that they don't feel comfortable voicing their conservative opinions, although the population tends to be accepting of diversity. Administration is working on the current lack of social life on campus, a minor complaint from students who can take a bus to Boston to have fun.
The campus was one of the main reasons I chose to attend here. Our professors are the absolute best.
Students can be in a self-imposed pressure cooker sometimes, but this is a great place to get an education. There are so many opportunities here for everyone. Please consider attending this wonderful institutions.
I'm a first-year student and we've been given so many resources to succeed. There's an advisor for absolutely every aspect (first-year life, academic success, faculty mentor, and even major specific advice). There always is someone to fall back on when you struggle
Wellesley is just magical. It's an amazing academically rigorous environment (which truth can be told can be brutal at times... very hard work is nonnegotiable)full of driven, intelligent women. The campus is beautiful, and the community is warm and supportive. If you're looking for party-type fun, it's not really the place for that, but if you're looking for a fantastic education, Wellesley is perfect <3.
I love being a student at Wellesley! I have made so many friends and connections, both with professors and my peers. I always feel like I can I be myself, and have seen myself grow into a passionate, confident, intelligent, self-assured woman. I have been guided in my challenges, and cheered on in my successes. The community is incredibly supportive and invested in each other.
I am a commuting student, so unfortunately I don't get to experience college in its entirety, but what I do experience is very enriching. The students have been very friendly, and the professors are brilliant in their field of study. There are so many things to do on campus. There is a club for just about every interest. This is not a "party school" which some people may find disappointing, but that's why I prefer it. Overall, my favorite part about Wellesley is the countless nooks and crannies for one to study in.
Wellesley is the best thing to ever happen to me. I feel unbelievably blessed to have been placed in this picture-perfect setting with passionate faculty, brilliant and kind students, a convenient location, incredible facilities, and caring staff. No college is perfect, but Wellesley tends to acknowledge its imperfections and actively works to resolve them. I've never felt more supported, appreciated, or stimulated intellectually. Wellesley is for you if you're an overachiever, if you value being part of a historic legacy, and if you care about what you do. Wellesley is not for you if all you care about is partying(though it's still available), social status, greek life, or slacking off. I love my community-- Wellesley feels like home.
Wellesley college is a great community full of bright, ambitious and conscientious students. Everyone is extremely helpful and understanding, including faculty and the student body. The academics is rigorous and allows students to explore in detail new areas of study.
I transferred to Wellesley after doing my first year at a large public university. I came here for the tight-knit community of inspiring women, more contact with professors, and (of course) the beautiful campus. My experience here has been incredible. Not only are the classes challenging and engaging, but the level of discourse among the students here always amazes me.
If you're the type of student who is willing to take initiative and connect with other women, you will go far with a Wellesley education. A few notable features of the college include their Career Education services, the powerful alumnae network, and the professors' dedication to teaching undergraduates.
I love being around other smart people who are respectful and love to learn. The campus is beautiful.
Start Your Review of Wellesley College
Campus is beautiful. Academics and ability to make connections are amazing. However, sometimes there isn't a social life, and some students here can be anti-fun. Wellesley is slowly getting better about listening to students' of color concerns.
Great place. Incredible academics, brilliant community. Intellectual curiosity abounds. Women from all different walks of life who are engaged and committed. Everyone is incredibly hard-working and goal-oriented. The rowing team is especially successful. There is a niche for everyone on the school's beautiful campus. No place like it.
Very welcoming female student environment. I enjoyed the freedom to be myself and develop into the woman I am today. I wish the school had remained woman only college forever.