Wayne State University
- 4 Year
- Detroit, MI
Wayne State University Campus Life
grade B minus
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$6,692 / year
- of students say overall dorm quality is great. 124 responses
- of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 264 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$4,056 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 373 responses
- We have many food options on and near campus14%
- Jimmy John's11%
- Taco Bell, Byblos, Starbucks, Gold 'n' Greens11%
- Panda Express9%
- Dunkin Donuts, Bagel place, Taco Bell9%
- The all you can eat buffet.8%
- Tim Hortons, Taco Bell, Olympic Grill, Starbucks8%
- of students highly rate the dining facilities. 158 responses
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 137 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.24%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.54%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.17%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.5%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
- of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 159 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 107 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.51%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.39%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.7%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.3%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 136 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.48%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.40%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.4%
- Not very visible.6%
- We have campus police?1%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 261 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.3%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.54%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.8%
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, Basketball, Fencing, Football, Golf, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: X-Country
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Fencing, Golf, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Model UN, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 100 responses
- Midnight breakfast20%
- Thursdays in the D20%
- Movie wednesdays17%
- Lazer Tag in the Fall13%
- Warrior of the Week12%
- Warrior Olympics8%
- Fresh farm market wednesdays5%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 172 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.3%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.22%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.27%
- Good parties are few and far between.18%
- Parties? What parties?30%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 83 responses
- I don't go to parties, I haven't a clue.25%
- The Ice Breakers with other colleges.19%
- The first week of classes13%
- Rush Parties (first month of each semester)12%
- First week and any cast parties7%
- Don't go but I have heard about them: Rush Parties6%
Men in Fraternities
No data available
Women in Sororities
No data available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 215 responses