grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Valuegrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade A minus
- Athleticsgrade B
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade B+
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A minus
Wayland Baptist is a private, Christian university located in Plainview, Texas in the Lubbock Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 946 undergraduate students. The Wayland Baptist acceptance rate is 97%. Popular majors include Business, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Human Services. Graduating 23% of students, Wayland Baptist alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $37,800.
Wayland Baptist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Wayland Baptist Admissions
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
No data available
Students also applied to ...
Will You Get In?
$24,882 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$7,974 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 27 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 31 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business390 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities375 Graduates
- Human Services94 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration84 Graduates
- Religious Studies37 Graduates
- Early Childhood Education27 Graduates
- Elementary Education18 Graduates
- Nursing15 Graduates
- Psychology10 Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 20 responses
- Smart, fun young adult35%
- I have mostly on line classes5%
- Quiet and reserved5%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 32 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 36 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 25 responses
- A family16%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$41,300 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 17 responses
Colleges like Wayland Baptist University
- grade BLubbock Christian University
- 4 Year
- Lubbock, TX
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 496 reviews
- grade B minusSouth Plains College
- 2 Year
- Levelland, TX
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 631 reviews
- grade BWest Texas A&M University
- 4 Year
- Canyon, TX
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 1,206 reviews
- grade BAmarillo College
- 2 Year
- Amarillo, TX
- Rating 4.08 out of 5 572 reviews
Wayland Baptist University Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 348 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Most of my classes that I took for my Bachelor's Degree in Applied Science were mostly conducted on campus. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, recently I've been completing my courses online. It has been a seamlessly, effortless experience. I am graduating this year in December 2020!
After being enrolled in just one semester here at Wayland so far, I have had an awesome time learning and adapting to the college lifestyle. My professors and everyone in charge of classes and schedules were there to assist me in any way I needed and allowed for me to explore and learn so much. Everyone has been so welcoming of myself and I haven't had much trouble meeting new people and beginning to form friendships either in my classes or through Baseball. The outbreak of Covid-19 has had such a huge impact on everyone here at Wayland and everywhere else around the world, but we have been able to overcome any challenges thrown our way and have learned to adapt to the new ways of going about our lives concerning our health and safety. Going into my spring semester now, I am very excited for what is in store for myself, my teammates and my classmates here at Wayland Baptist University.
Great university! It is a private education, with public cost. The classes are not too big, which makes it easier for students to gain relationships with teachers and to learn in a more personal way. The campus is beautiful and there is always fun activities going on so everyone can be involved!