Washington University in St. Louis
- 4 Year
- SAINT LOUIS, MO
Washington University in St. Louis Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$12,328 / year
97%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 77 responses
89%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 148 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$4,875 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 221 responses
- I don't even know, we have so many great options.17%
- Ibby's restaurant14%
- Stir Fry14%
- Holmes wrap12%
- Comfort Meal station-- changes daily!9%
- Paws n Go5%
- Quesadilla in BD5%
89%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 104 responses
Map is loading
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 83 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.53%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.39%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.6%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.2%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
96%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 96 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 74 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.36%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.55%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.8%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 84 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.30%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.62%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.7%
- We have campus police?1%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 151 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.1%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.5%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.42%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.52%
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country
Women's Varsity Sports
Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, Film Society, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Newspaper, Radio Station, Student Government, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Musical Theater, Music Ensembles, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 88 responses
- WILD when there are good artists15%
- Acapella concerts!9%
- Dance Marathon9%
grade A minus
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 109 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.5%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.39%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.40%
- Good parties are few and far between.6%
- Parties? What parties?9%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 67 responses
- Mardi Gras10%
- We don't party3%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
55%of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 132 responses