Washington & Lee University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Old Dominion Athletic Conference
Washington & Lee University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.32 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.42 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.42 responses
After Washington & Lee University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.11 responses
Washington & Lee University Reviews
Review Washington & Lee University
I graduated in 2002 and I still keep up with my professors, faculty, classmates, and most of all my fraternity brothers. The alumni connections are worth the tuition alone. It teaches you far more than what can be taught online or in a classroom alone. The best 4 years of my life!
Washington and Lee University has an amazing faculty and is situated in the lovely Shenandoah Valley, but unfortunately that's about all I can say that's positive about this institution. Yes, the parties are pretty awesome during your freshman and sophomore years, but eventually you will become consumed with nihilistic despair as you realize how meaningless your life has become after having wasted so much time getting drunk with rich white kids who are trying to become investment bankers.
There are tons of varsity sports that many students take part in. The equestrian program even takes students who have never ridden a horse before! Rugby is the most popular club sport, and many young men take part in it.