Washington & Jefferson College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.45 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.45 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.47 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.61 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.21 responses
Washington & Jefferson College Reviews
W&J is a small liberal arts college outside of Pittsburgh, PA. And I mean small with less than 2,00 students! This allows for an amazing student to teacher ratio with great academic support. I know all of my professors, and the small classes mean that everyone gets attention. Although the academics are challenging, every major is good at W&J since the college doesn't just throw facts down your throat, you learn how to learn. I can now say going into my senior year that W&J has really shaped me as an individual. The Student Life is very big, with many clubs to join and a thriving Greek organization including almost half of campus! I can't forget about sports either, we are a competitive D3 school and many students are able to play their sport as well as thrive academically. W&J really does have every opportunity available, and is a close knit community that supports everyone. If you want to really get to know the school and see if it is right for you, come for a visit!
The people in this campus, educators and students, are exceptional! My experience at Washington and Jefferson College have been nothing but pleasant and enjoyable. I definitely made the right choice picking Washington and Jefferson College. I feel right at home, as I should at College. The people you meet soon turn to people you consider family. If I had to pick my college again, it would be W&J without a doubt.
Socially W&J is pretty much as good as it can get. Starting from day 1 it is so easy to be friends with so many people. At least for me, the parties were great, especially on greek row. No matter what there's almost always a party at a fraternity house on the weekends if not at a couple. If anything I had fun in college. The campus really has this great unity and most people are really friendly. The staff is so nice and I always thought most teachers genuinely cared about what they were teaching. Even though the dorms were reallyyyy small, it was the best. Everyone on the floor gets really close and the weekend turnups are great. You could just walk down greek row on a saturday night and see basically fifty different people that you were friends with. I miss it!!