Washburn University Reviews

What I like about Washburn is that there are a lot of people willing to help you and wanting to see you graduate. They are helpful in as any ways as they can be and the majority of the staff is approachable when it come to any questions. The thing I would like to see change is to get more diversity into the school, even though they may be hard task but with outreach to more students while still in high school will help a lot.
Washburn is a very friendly and open campus. All of the professors that I had were very helpful and always wanted to help as much as possible. One thing I would like to point out is that if you need handicap accommodations like elevators and automatic doors, that's hard to find in most buildings. However, there are a lot of activities and fun things to participate in on campus.
I love Washburn and all it has to offer. The campus is just the right size for me and the staff and facilities are great. The professors all know their stuff and are super helpful. I haven't had a professor who wasn't helpful or mean. What I love most about Washburn is that even though I don't live on campus, it still feels like a home away from home.
Start Your Review of Washburn University
I love it here. I have made so many amazing friends and connections with faculty and staff. The professors here really love their students and want to see them succeed. I have never met someone on campus who doesn’t love the students and their job. There is so much school pride inside and outside of the classroom, and it really draws you and your classmates together. Everyone respects one another despite background and cultural differences. Washburn is really a home for students.
I enjoy the professors at Washburn University. They are always willing to help you through coursework and any problems. Washburn also has plenty of options to become involved on campus. However at night I don't feel safe on campus, there are not enough lights on paths and parking lots.
Washburn is a ver friendly campus that is right next to home. And its good for people who want to attend a university but dont want to pay $20,000 a year for it.
Very wide range of clubs/organizations, most faculty care about you and take time out of their day to help you (especially ones in your major field), small enough to make good connections with friends and staff/faculty but big enough to get a good feel for college and being on your own, very clean and taken care of

Not very good school spirit unfortunately, overpriced food, parking can be problematic (not enough or not in a convenient place)
The best thing that I liked about Washburn was that everyone and everything on campus was close. There were always people to talk to if you needed help with something and also had very good security on campus. If anything, I would change the food served in the cafeterias.
At Washburn University, I have met many people from around the world (countries like Burundi, China, Congo, etc.) and have broadened my horizons significantly by not only taking classes important for my major (Biology B.S.), but I have also taken classes in an assortment of other studies (like Sociology, Jazz History, US Government, and even Philosophy). My experience at Washburn University has been extraordinary and when I graduate in a couple of years, I will never forget the people that I met and the things I learned at Washburn University.
Washburn has been the perfect school for me. Its moderate size has allowed me to really connect with the professors and the students. Although I am just a sophomore, Washburn has helped me grow tremendously. I have been challenged academically and even stepped outside of my comfort zone to take on leadership roles. One of my favorite things I have learned about Washburn is their motto, "Non Nobis Solum," which means not for ourselves alone. This motto completely embodies what Washburn University is all about. It is a place where professors and advisors really care and want to see their students succeed. Although this school may not have the most exciting athletics or the greatest food, it has a lot more to offer then what meets the eye. I have found that I am happy to call this school my home away from home. This school has provided me with a great college experience academically and socially that I will never forget.
I chose Washburn because of the hands on staff that had my best interest in mind. Since attending Washburn the staff and faculty have only exceeded my expectations.
The students and staff are so helpful! The campus feels like a home away from home. I really feel like I fit in there!
Washburn has been a great experience for me so far. The professors make sure you succeed at everything you do. The different organizations and diversity on campus make it a great place to be a part of. There are clubs for everyone to participate in and enjoy to complete their college experience.
Washburn University has been a family tradition. My father and brother attended their and now I did as well. I met my now fiancé my freshman year. It has been a great experience and fun learning environment. The campus is beautiful and seems to always be expanding. I am very proud to be an Ichabod!
One of the best things about Washburn University is that the staff and professors are always ready to help you with any kind of issue that you may have. Whether that would be with having trouble learning new information or with just enrolling for classes. Washburn also offers many different services to make sure students are in a good mindset and are not too stressed from tests or finals. My favorite example of this is during finals week, the University brings puppies and kittens on Campus for students to interact and play with to relieve some of the stress from preparing for finals. I love how the University does little things like this to ensure that their students are happy. It shows that this college does care about each student and not about the money.
I love Washburn because it is the perfect size for me. The classes are small and you get to know yours professors and connect with all the students.
I've loved being at Washburn. I've always felt that it's a place where they are trying to help you achieve your goals, and get where you want to be!
Start Your Review of Washburn University
Living in Topeka all my life, I thought Washburn was not even on the list of colleges for me; thankfully, I was wrong. Before I decided on colleges, Washburn University was the new home to a Kansas Bureau of Investigations building. This building encouraged me to pursue my dream of working for the FBI. If I could change one thing about Washburn, I would add solar panels to the roofs of sunny buildings in order to prepare the future of the university with cheap alternative energy sources.
I loved the professors I had at Washburn and the opportunities that were given to me through the University. My degree required a lot of group work, but it helped me get to know my peers and learn to work as a team. Student life is very friendly and there are many networking opportunities through Washburn. Unfortunately, Topeka doesn't have a lot to offer incoming students as far as entertainment, but it is a cheap place to live and is still somewhat of a fun college town.
I love the diversity that Washburn offers and the fact that I feel safe walking to and from class everyday.