Wake Technical Community College Reviews

I moved to North Carolina straight out of high school when my dad retired from the US Army and decided to settle down. I was at a loss of where to continue my education because tuition was ridiculously expensive for out of state students. A family friend recommended that I consider Wake Tech so I looked into the programs and found a wide selection. Already knowing I wanted to pursue a degree in Architecture, I found all of the information I needed to get settled into a new school. My very first day of classes I fell in love with the people, environment, and academics.
It's a wonderful college to go to and get so much help and the teachers are willing to work with there students. They provide everything at that school. When you just need extra testing time they give it to you and they even have places where you can get extra help with homework and essays done.
Wake Tech is a phenomenal school for those who are looking to dip their toes into the college experience. I have enjoyed this school because it has allowed me to focus primarily on my education instead of maybe a university party on a Friday night.
Start Your Review of Wake Technical Community College
I like the vast amount of resources at Wake Technical Community College. The teachers are good at this school and provide good preparation for 4 year college/universities. I wouldn't like anything to change with Wake Technical Community College
This is my second go at college and Wake Tech has been excellent. They have plenty of resources if you need help and it's easy to get back into the swing of college.
I have had an amazing experience here. Advisors are always easy to talk to and professors are always willing to help. I have not had one single bad experience at this school and I have been here over 2 years.
I've been at Wake Tech for one semester, and I love it! All the professors are so encouraging and helpful in the college transfer process, always urging students to come to their office hours. The student lounge is crazy on the South campus right around noon, but any other time - as well as the student lounge on the West campus - it's pretty chill and a great place to study if you prefer not to go into the library. The libraries are beautiful with so many helpful resources. I have learned so much just in one semester about who I am and what I want to be. The students are all pretty friendly too. While not the most academically focused group of people, most of them are very supportive of you and are always looking to make a new friend. The campus is small enough that I often see the same people around campus in random places. Plus, the South campus is in Raleigh, surrounded by all sorts of job opportunities in the Research Triangle.
It is a great college that provides many opportunities and facilities for students from all background to succeed. I met amazing people and had wonderful teachers. I totally loved the experience.
The professors at Wake Tech are very good instructors who want you to succeed in their classes. Every student is encouraged to attend office hours to get extra help with assignments and preparation for exams. The instructors make sure that the students understand the assignments and use all resources tools to help study for exams. Wake Tech also offers free tutoring available for all Wake Tech students in English, Math, and Science. The tutors are a great resource when struggling with assignments or papers, and students can use this great resource throughout the year. The library at Wake Tech has an excellent study area with computers and seating opportunities, and the librarians are very helpful too who will show students how to do an acameic research for papers, etc.
Great school for getting main courses out of the way. Really inexpensive college option. Only thing I really disliked was parking, hard to find a spot at around 12 pm. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still choose wake tech.
With attending Wake Tech Community College I have developed many wonderful relationships. I have had a great experience in the classroom. My professors care very deeply about my success and are very involved in my learning.
It's not the greatest college ever, but it's a good way to go if you're looking to not have debt! Don't expect it to be the atmosphere of a university or anything though. Good place to knock out prerequisite core/general ed classes.
Wake tech has a very conducive education area. The teachers are very welling to help. The students union has ways of helping students too.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at waketech. The teachers I've had so far are all very considerate and do very well in helping students learn.
My rating isn't in regards to the academics and professors since I don't know much information upon completing my first semester not to long ago. I enjoy the school overall, it's more the students that influence the stigma towards community colleges. They lack motivation and rarely participate in class from my experience. The school however is quite good. The classes can be challenging, which is good and the opportunities to improve your grades such as the ILC or the office hours are nice.
It's been a great experience going back to school. The online classes help since I have a full time job and a baby at home. The teachers are nice and always willing to help.
This college offers a variety of programs for students who are continuing their education and current curriculum students, who are sometimes high school seniors. They also offer high seniors to attend early college which guarantees admission to any of the 14 participating colleges in North Carolina, some of which are UNC Chapell Hill and NCSU!

However, I think there should be more opportunities for students to participate in extracurricular activities and more clubs should be established.
Start Your Review of Wake Technical Community College
I recently graduated Wake Tech with my Associates in Arts. I loved going to Wake Tech. I first started going to college at Peace College but it was to expensive so I started going to Wake tech. I actually liked Wake Tech more than Peace even though Peace is a four year private college and Wake tech is a 2-year community college. The campus of wake tech is nice. There are several locations ( and more coming ) available to take classes at making it easier for wherever you live. The diversity at Wake Tech is great! they are very inclusive there. I loved the culture the school had. also very diverse. The one thing I would change about Wake Tech is that they need some more parking lots. I had to fight a few times for a spot! Nonetheless, that happens at any college that's poppin!
The teachers are caring. They want you to do great. They make you feel as if failure is not an option. I was hesitant about going to college. Now I feel different. This college is great. I highly recommend it to anyone in wh feels college is not for you.
I love this community college because of the transfer agreement program and most of the classes are harder and cheaper than four year universities. which I am real happy about.