Wake Forest University Reviews

I love the atmosphere. The one thing that stands out the most is how dedicated the faculty and students are to collaborating and to giving back to the community. The teachers want to get to know you and help you succeed.
Winston-Salem is the perfect location for this campus. The University offers one of the top tier education opportunities available on the east coast. The size is small and helps to allow students to make better connections with professors who are more accessible and helpful than at a larger university.
I'd like to see more integration between the Research component and the Liberal Arts education. Great academics and a very credible school. Small classes and notable professors along with a gorgeous campus. The local area is slowly developing and I believe in the next ten years this will be a top 25 school (US Rank).
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
Just finished my freshman year at wake, and so far it has been amazing. The teachers actually care about your learning and success and will MAKE time for you in order to reach your goals. Social life at wake also great, there is a heavy influence of sorority and fraternity life on campus. I have found that if you need ANYTHING at wake and if you ask around, there will be people, friends, professors, and advisors that are willing to help you and find a way to accomplish it.
Great atmosphere & great people. Also, the sorority and fraternity involvement on the campus is AMAZING! And even if you choose to not join one yourself, it is still amazing. Easily the best top 30 university!
I loved my first year at Wake Forest. I've found great friends through a pre-orientation program, working on campus, and from living in a dorm. The academics were great for my level. I was challenged in every class but it's not like I took an impossible and unreasonable class. The only thing I'd change about Wake is to have more opportunities for the minority population to feel more included in a majority-white school.
The campus is beautiful, and the student to teach ratio is great. The professors are always available. The only thing I would change would be some aspects of dining services, healthier options.
The worst part of my 4 years at Wake Forest was graduating and having to leave! As a Northern that transplanted herself to the South, I couldn't have asked for a kinder, safer, or more welcoming environment. I made the best of friends and was provided with many opportunities for class selection, extracurriculars, and study abroad. Now as an alumni, I would like to see Wake Forest put a little more effort into promoting career planning and skills for all majors and especially those in STEM subjects that might not know what the possibilities are.
It was an ok experience. Being an african american, it could have been more diverse and party life could have been better but academics are great. I was also on the football team so that kind of compensated for some of the social life. Athletics are becoming a big thing there. Campus rec just remodeled the gym and it has more than enough equipment. The staff that work in the dining area are good people, especially if you talk to them with respect and treat them just like you want to be treated.
Wake Forest has its pros and cons.However, overall it depends on "you" to create your own experience here. There are plenty of Greek life for people who enjoy them, yet, various clubs and other campus organizations also put efforts on creating an environment for people who are non-Greek. Most time, the line between the two is blurred, Greek organizations participate in various philanthropy programs, too. Yes, people complain all the time but people also enjoy Wake Forest. Professors are great, you would never get such close mentorship/friendship in a gigantic school.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to attend Wake Forest University. The teaches truly care for the students, and they would do anything to help their students. The strong focus on undergraduate teaching was extremely helpful in my choice to attend Wake Forest.
Wake Forest is a collaborative and supportive environment. Class sizes are small, so participation and preparation are a must. Professors are available and willing to help as long as you reach out. Wake offers a variety of majors and minors and even has an innovation quarter downtown that houses the new engineering dept. Wake does have a very prominent greek life that brings more harm than good to the social life here; however, administration has been cracking down on societies. Wake's Office of Professional and Career development is relatively helpful, although I recommend using the resume templates provided to business school students. The office offers a number of stipends to support students taking on unpaid internships. There are lots of on-campus events and traditions as well for students to take part of, such as lighting of the quad, Wake 'N Shake, Project Pumpkin, and Shag on the Mag. All these events provide lots of involvement and leadership opportunities for students.
Wake Forest is a hard school. It is very competitive in every aspect - academically, socially, etc. We definitely work hard and play hard. The school itself is wonderful - incredible classes, amazing professors. But the culture of the students could use a facelift.
Love it! It is a wonderful college. I am currently a member of a sorority, and I love all the girl in it !
Wake Forest's academic life is very rigorous and demanding and extremely stressful. Also, most of the students here are incredibly selfish and self-centered people which does not create an inclusive environment at all. But hey, go deacs, right?
Its a great school, but extremely expensive. The social life is very prominent but not very diverse. Most weekends are spent in either the library or a frat basement. Professors are very accessible and the greek life is great!!
I graduated many years ago, before WF became ridiculously overpriced and filled with snobby, entitled elitists. There is no way I would even consider going to WF today. My first year's salary after graduation was 85% of my total 4-year cost to attend WF. To match that return today, a person would have to earn more than $200,000 per year.
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
I've only been at Wake for a semester but I already know I made the right choice to come here. The academics are tough but definitely worth it and not as daunting as it may seem. The students are a lot nicer than I expected, although one should still not come here expecting racial or social diversity. Also, don't expect a whole lot of financial aid.
Wake's best asset is its small size combined with high level academics and diverse range of students it draws. Some intro lecture classes can be as large as 50 students, but for the most part class sizes are all under 20 students, allowing for personal connections with professors and plenty of in class discussion.
Wake Forest University has a fun environment that makes the workload much more manageable. The professors spend a great deal of time with their students and on the material. Wake Forest does a great job of planning fun events to relieve the stress of the academics.