Wake Forest University Reviews

I've only been at Wake for a semester but I already know I made the right choice to come here. The academics are tough but definitely worth it and not as daunting as it may seem. The students are a lot nicer than I expected, although one should still not come here expecting racial or social diversity. Also, don't expect a whole lot of financial aid.
Wake's best asset is its small size combined with high level academics and diverse range of students it draws. Some intro lecture classes can be as large as 50 students, but for the most part class sizes are all under 20 students, allowing for personal connections with professors and plenty of in class discussion.
Wake Forest University has a fun environment that makes the workload much more manageable. The professors spend a great deal of time with their students and on the material. Wake Forest does a great job of planning fun events to relieve the stress of the academics.
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
Wake Forest gives you the opportunity and resources to thrive academically and socially. Through peer tutoring programs, peer and faculty advising, free personal and career development programs and such, Wake will set you up to be successful. Additionally, the small community environment has its pros and cons. Your classes are small and you gain great connections with both your professors and peers, but the small community can feel somewhat suffocating sometimes. Greek life is a major thing on campus, but whether you choose to be involved or not, you can find your own social niche. Overall it was a great experience.
Challenging academics, with professors who have high expectations and want you to succeed. Students care a lot about school, even when they say they don't- the work hard play hard reputation is DEFINITELY true. Come to Wake Forest if you're ready to learn a lot both in the classroom and about yourself as a person. For the past four years, I've been surrounded by incredibly motivated individuals who are all passionate about something, and that is so cool. Dining has improved SO MUCH since I've been here. Dorms are also getting better every year, with all of the 1950s buildings on the quad either already renovated or plans to do so within the next year. The one issue here is that housing selection is stressful. Getting a job before graduation is the norm- most of my senior friends and I are either already employed or planning to go to grad school. I didn't realize how special that was until I started talking to friends at other colleges.
Wake Forest is a great school with great admissions counselors! They helped me every step of the way and made the process easy. I can see why this university has such a good reputation. I am looking forward to starting the program next month.
I am overwhelmed with the professors at Wake. Their teaching is far more than I was expecting as is their involvment with student success. The campus is drop-dead beautiful and the student body is engaged, hospitable and brilliant.
Since Wake Forest is such a small university, the number of students in each classes are roughly 15 students. College is not easy, especially attending a private university. Since the class sizes are not large, I am guaranteed that I will get any help I need from my professors. I'm not just a number in their classrooms. Professors actually get to know your name, they grab coffee with you, and at times invite you to dinners with their families. The professors at Wake Forest University are amazing!
I had a great experience with Wake Forest. Although I visited the campus on my own, it was very warming and beautiful when I stepped foot on the campus. If I had to change anything about the campus it would have been to schedule a tour with a tour guide to have the full effect of the campus and what it has to offer.
I loved the atmosphere of Wake Forest on campus. When I visited it was the week before finals but everyone was still super approachable and nice!
A great University to attend! Many opportunities to further you knowledge other than just getting a degree.
It is an amazing place! A school with big D1 spirit yet small school intimate education. On top of this, the campus is gorgeous with all four season and an excellent environment to spend four years of your life at.
WFU is an excellent university with an active Greek life. The facilities and dorms are state of the art, clean and comfortable. On campus food is good and includes cafeterias, cafes and coffee shops. Student life is academically oriented but a large percent of students are active in the Greek system. Diversity is not that great. Religious affiliations and ability to attend a particular faith service are varied and well developed.
I loved the environment there, the people were by far the nicest of the places I have visited. I also love all the opportunities that are available to students. I was very impressed
I transferred to Wake after spending my freshman year at a small university on the West coast. I'm from the Midwest, and knew I wanted to be no where close to home. Wake Forest, over the last two years, has been everything I ever wanted and more. I've had that literal "college brochure" experience in many ways--I've made great friends, had dinner at a professor's house, and sat on the Quad doing my homework. Wake has its faults, but all schools do. The atmosphere isn't overly competitive however, and students make time to have fun on the weekends. Overall, I don't regret transferring and I wish I had more time at Wake--I can't wait to see what senior year holds & where my time "in the Forest" will take me next.
Great academics, socially-dynamic students, and sports that all seem to be improving. Administration is trying to shake-up greek life by cracking down on off-campus parties, which is a big loss to the underclassmen, who pretty much rely on frat parties for their source of parties and fun when they're not studying.
For minority students the intercultral center, formerly known as the office of multicultral affairs, has been an intergral part in my growth and comfort at Wake Forest University. Also the staff really cares about their students development of positive attributes necessary in the workforce.
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
Love the close knit community. My professors are interested in my college pathway. They tell me when someone is on campus that I might enjoy meeting. They are aware of all my different interest. I have so many opportunities to explore.
Wake Forest is a great school for you if you like small campuses with a diverse population. The campus is beautiful and the teachers are very encouraging and the students are very nice.
It is very easy to tell who is on scholarship and who isn't at Wake Forest. If you are on scholarship, like me, it is very easy to feel excluded. I love everything about Wake except for the social aspect. If I were to pick a college again, I'm not sure that I would choose Wake. They boast about their diversity, yet this is the most white privilege place I've ever been.