Wake Forest University Reviews

I am so grateful for the opportunity to attend Wake Forest University. The teaches truly care for the students, and they would do anything to help their students. The strong focus on undergraduate teaching was extremely helpful in my choice to attend Wake Forest.
Wake Forest is a collaborative and supportive environment. Class sizes are small, so participation and preparation are a must. Professors are available and willing to help as long as you reach out. Wake offers a variety of majors and minors and even has an innovation quarter downtown that houses the new engineering dept. Wake does have a very prominent greek life that brings more harm than good to the social life here; however, administration has been cracking down on societies. Wake's Office of Professional and Career development is relatively helpful, although I recommend using the resume templates provided to business school students. The office offers a number of stipends to support students taking on unpaid internships. There are lots of on-campus events and traditions as well for students to take part of, such as lighting of the quad, Wake 'N Shake, Project Pumpkin, and Shag on the Mag. All these events provide lots of involvement and leadership opportunities for students.
Wake Forest is a hard school. It is very competitive in every aspect - academically, socially, etc. We definitely work hard and play hard. The school itself is wonderful - incredible classes, amazing professors. But the culture of the students could use a facelift.
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
Love it! It is a wonderful college. I am currently a member of a sorority, and I love all the girl in it !
Wake Forest's academic life is very rigorous and demanding and extremely stressful. Also, most of the students here are incredibly selfish and self-centered people which does not create an inclusive environment at all. But hey, go deacs, right?
Its a great school, but extremely expensive. The social life is very prominent but not very diverse. Most weekends are spent in either the library or a frat basement. Professors are very accessible and the greek life is great!!
I graduated many years ago, before WF became ridiculously overpriced and filled with snobby, entitled elitists. There is no way I would even consider going to WF today. My first year's salary after graduation was 85% of my total 4-year cost to attend WF. To match that return today, a person would have to earn more than $200,000 per year.
I've only been at Wake for a semester but I already know I made the right choice to come here. The academics are tough but definitely worth it and not as daunting as it may seem. The students are a lot nicer than I expected, although one should still not come here expecting racial or social diversity. Also, don't expect a whole lot of financial aid.
Wake's best asset is its small size combined with high level academics and diverse range of students it draws. Some intro lecture classes can be as large as 50 students, but for the most part class sizes are all under 20 students, allowing for personal connections with professors and plenty of in class discussion.
Wake Forest University has a fun environment that makes the workload much more manageable. The professors spend a great deal of time with their students and on the material. Wake Forest does a great job of planning fun events to relieve the stress of the academics.
Wake Forest gives you the opportunity and resources to thrive academically and socially. Through peer tutoring programs, peer and faculty advising, free personal and career development programs and such, Wake will set you up to be successful. Additionally, the small community environment has its pros and cons. Your classes are small and you gain great connections with both your professors and peers, but the small community can feel somewhat suffocating sometimes. Greek life is a major thing on campus, but whether you choose to be involved or not, you can find your own social niche. Overall it was a great experience.
Challenging academics, with professors who have high expectations and want you to succeed. Students care a lot about school, even when they say they don't- the work hard play hard reputation is DEFINITELY true. Come to Wake Forest if you're ready to learn a lot both in the classroom and about yourself as a person. For the past four years, I've been surrounded by incredibly motivated individuals who are all passionate about something, and that is so cool. Dining has improved SO MUCH since I've been here. Dorms are also getting better every year, with all of the 1950s buildings on the quad either already renovated or plans to do so within the next year. The one issue here is that housing selection is stressful. Getting a job before graduation is the norm- most of my senior friends and I are either already employed or planning to go to grad school. I didn't realize how special that was until I started talking to friends at other colleges.
Wake Forest is a great school with great admissions counselors! They helped me every step of the way and made the process easy. I can see why this university has such a good reputation. I am looking forward to starting the program next month.
I am overwhelmed with the professors at Wake. Their teaching is far more than I was expecting as is their involvment with student success. The campus is drop-dead beautiful and the student body is engaged, hospitable and brilliant.
Since Wake Forest is such a small university, the number of students in each classes are roughly 15 students. College is not easy, especially attending a private university. Since the class sizes are not large, I am guaranteed that I will get any help I need from my professors. I'm not just a number in their classrooms. Professors actually get to know your name, they grab coffee with you, and at times invite you to dinners with their families. The professors at Wake Forest University are amazing!
I had a great experience with Wake Forest. Although I visited the campus on my own, it was very warming and beautiful when I stepped foot on the campus. If I had to change anything about the campus it would have been to schedule a tour with a tour guide to have the full effect of the campus and what it has to offer.
I loved the atmosphere of Wake Forest on campus. When I visited it was the week before finals but everyone was still super approachable and nice!
Start Your Review of Wake Forest University
A great University to attend! Many opportunities to further you knowledge other than just getting a degree.
It is an amazing place! A school with big D1 spirit yet small school intimate education. On top of this, the campus is gorgeous with all four season and an excellent environment to spend four years of your life at.
WFU is an excellent university with an active Greek life. The facilities and dorms are state of the art, clean and comfortable. On campus food is good and includes cafeterias, cafes and coffee shops. Student life is academically oriented but a large percent of students are active in the Greek system. Diversity is not that great. Religious affiliations and ability to attend a particular faith service are varied and well developed.