High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.250 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.264 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.264 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering362 Graduates
Food and Nutrition Studies252 Graduates
Human Development243 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems239 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies213 Graduates
Civil Engineering195 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 181 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.315 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.368 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.176 responses
Virginia Tech Reviews
Virginia Tech is an ideal institution for new opportunities and growth. There is such a huge amount of school spirit and pride for being a Hokie with the students, which I have never genuinely heard or seen from other institutions! Campus/student life is notably wonderful, and the majority of the students are incredibly lively and welcoming. There are so many different people on campus, and they all have their own amazing passions. The institution provides exposure to many experiences to explore like clubs, GobblerFest, athletics and football games, dorm activities, parties, hiking trails, and even checking out scenic spots on campus and throughout the town. From what I've already experienced through campus visits as a prospective Freshman for Fall 2018, I'm so stoked to fully experience and indulge in everything about my new second home!
I love Virginia Tech! The academics are rigorous but not life consuming, I found a good balance and was able to maintain my grades while also enjoying a social life. I knew I had to attend the moment I stepped on campus. It's been the best decision I ever could have made. My professors have been extremely knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects, and made every effort to get to know their students. My advisor could not be more helpful. Another nice thing about Tech is that it feels like a small school. The different colleges allow for more individualized attention for the students, while the big campus provides benefits a smaller school couldn't. When I'm having a bad day, all I need to do is look around me and I instantly feel better. We have 9 dining halls, and all of them are great. There's options upon options and everyone I know always manages to find something they haven't tried before. And that's just what's on campus. No matter who you are I'm sure you'll love Tech!
Virginia Tech has been an overall good experience for me. The professors care about your education, and really put forth strong effort to better the learning environment for students. Tech is also a very diverse campus, with students from all around the world! I have always favored that aspect of Tech especially, since I love meeting new people with different experiences that they can share with me. Attending Virginia Tech has exposed me to lots of new situations and experiences, that I feel I couldn't get at any other school. All in all Tech is a great place to learn and grow!