Villanova University Reviews

1,375 reviews
I love Villanova because of its large sense of community. Everyone is connected in some way and always willing to lend a helping hand. Visiting the university during high school gave me a small glimpse of what life would be like and influenced my college decision. Go wildcats!
I am not religious and came only because I had a good amount of financial aid, but the school does not shove religion down one's face nor does it ignore other beliefs. It has a nice campus, great professors, and you'll have a good time with others.
Great opportunities for those in the nursing and business school. That being said, they have a severe lack of focus on the College Science. Very little research being done in the sciences, which is contrasted by constant renovations of other College buildings. As a biology major this was very frustrating. Overall a pretty friendly and welcome community. Good basketball team if you want that to be a part of your college career. Party scene is lacking if that is what you are looking for. There is no Greek row on campus so almost all night life happens off campus so get used to scrounging up pledge rides and paying for Ubers. Two of the three local campus bars also just closed down so it is unclear what that will lead to. Housing is fine. They have been expanding incoming freshman classes, but not expanding freshman dorms so most freshman now are forced into triples when in the past it was mostly doubles.
Review Villanova University
I AM SO HAPPY I GO HERE!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH IT IS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Villanova was the best decision of my life (honestly). I had just ok grades as a senior. But, the Career Center on campus had several high profile companies come in to interview the graduating seniors. No lie, I had 4 industries to choose from Pharma, Commercial real estate, stock brokerage and high-tech. I graduate with a job and started working just 5 days after graduation (in high-tech). Good salary, car allowance, car phone and expense budget. Villanova is great for connections and employers that are serious about hiring hard working career-minded students.
Villanova is a wonderful blend of challenging courses and friendly support. The classes you take are always geared towards preparing you for a professional career. The workload can sometimes seem like much, but the student community is extremely open to helping. There are several places on campus where students help with Mathematics and writing papers. Plus the professors are always around for extra help. Overall Villanova is perfect for students looking to challenge themselves and prepare for their career.
The classes are small which is extremely beneficial to getting to know your teachers. However, the classes themselves are not very diverse and is lacking in a sense.
The community at Villanova is by far the best aspect of this university--everyone here has a sense of pride in their school and this shows in the activities and events that we put on, whether it is Special Olympics weekend or a basketball game. The campus itself is beautiful and is currently undergoing major renovations. Housing is definitely better than any comparative schools that I've heard of, and although the food isn't the best, I don't know of anyone who loves their dining services. Would choose Nova again and again over any university.
I had incredible professors, intelligent classmates and met some of my favorite people that I will be friends with for the rest of my life. There is a really strong sense of "community" within the university that encourages deep, meaningful relationships. My major critique is that the student body is very homogenous - typically white from the Northeast in the upper-middle to upper class background. It is definitely something that allows for people to stay in a "bubble," but Villanova provides a lot of different classes, service work and groups to introduce new ideas and opinions if you're interested. The social life wasn't similar to any of the major state universities - but basketball games are amazing, people like to go out and socialize and if Greek life is your thing it definitely has a presence (but if it's not your thing...it's definitely not a necessity to have social events to go to).
Great quality school, prepare to be burned out fast if you do not have plenty of money. There are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of because of the Alumni Association and the proximity to Philly.
I have loved my experience on campus so far. No complaints and would recommend Villanova to anyone.
Villanova was the perfect match for me. The faculty, professors, and fellow classmates really care about each other and over 4 years really become like family. There is a lack of diversity, save for athletes. Community service is a big part of the campus culture and almost everyone volunteers at least once, whether it's on a service trip, Day of Service, or through clubs/organizations. Since it's 12 miles outside Philly access to the city is very easy yet it's not an urban campus at all.
Going to Villanova was the best decision I ever made. Between winning the NCAA Championship my freshman year, to meeting some of the best people, I am so happy with my decision.
I had an excellent experience at Villanova and would highly recommend it based off of the tight-knit community, strong academics, and solid network.

The tight-knit community was the most important factor to me. When I visited, I was blown away by how friendly the students were, how highly they spoke of the school, and how close students were not only to each other, but also to the faculty. That community was only further proven to me once I enrolled.

I was also drawn to Villanova due to its strong academics. The business school’s ranking was improving, and I wanted to pursue a Finance degree. Having successfully completed three Finance internships and landed a job at Deutsche Bank, I can say with confidence that Villanova prepared me very well.

Finally, I was impressed with Villanova’s solid network. Because the community is so strong, it extends after graduation. Villanova alumni are more than willing to help out students and assist them in landing internships and jobs.
The school definitely has good programs no matter what you major in. They are currently investing more money to improve the school which will allow for more activities. A downside of the school is that it struggles to create an inclusive community for students of color.
I can't even describe how much I love this university. Villanova was NOT at the top of my list for schools, but out of all the schools I got into I liked it the best. But even then I wasn't sure of it and was planning if I didn't like it then I could switch out. However, I could NEVER imagine doing that now because I love it so much. I was admitted into the honors program, and I chose to be in an Cohort where my three of my classes were very small.
The Villanova College of Nursing is incredible with state of the art simulation labs and outstanding faculty. They push you to your limits, and create a challenging and rigorous environment. The one thing I would change about Villanova is the demographics. It's a lot of the same people, and a lot of them are from New Jersey.
Review Villanova University
Villanova has ignited my passion and made me feel like a truly belong. The courses I have taken have given me insight into the world and I have matured since I arrived in August 2015. The community has welcomed me and I am proud to be a Villanovan.
Pros:
Villanova has great academics, and their alumni take care of the students very well. The food is supplied by WaWa, and is pretty good, with lots of diverse options. There are lots of clubs, and many ways to get involved.
Cons:
Some of the housing is subpar for the tuition, however, they are building new dorms.
Freshman teachers are apathetic and really bad.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find 'your' crowd and find fun that doesn't include drinking, smoking, or really crappy parties. Unless youre in som clubs, frats, or sports, finding parties is tough.
Great experience overall. Made many friends during my college years and had a great time in the process. However, the school needs to increase its diversity and the party scene can be waaay better. Police in the area is very stringent and bars are mediocre. I ended up going to Philly a lot which is not ideal because it is a 25 minute trip from Villanova.