Villanova University Reviews

1,411 reviews
Great school. Incredible professors. Humanities department is one of the best in the country with professors who are engaging, knowledgeable and among the bests in their field.
Villanova is a very welcoming school. I felt like I was a part of something as soon as I stepped on campus. However, the diversity can definitely be improved.
Villanova is a wonderful, cultivating environment. The university encourages not only personal growth, but a strong sense of community.
Start Your Review of Villanova University
I believe that as a student of color going to Villanova I have learned a great deal and had many experiences that were amazing but some experiences that were truly disappointing. It is tough always being the only person of color in your classes or always being expected to fail simply because of the color of your skin.
I've only been at Villanova for one year so far and I absolutely love it. I was so nervous when I first came to Nova; the school is far away from where I live in Illinois and I did not know anyone attending the school. I didn't know if I had made the right decision, but those feelings quickly went away as I began to meet some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Villanova is truly a close-knit community. I found myself surrounded by equally ambitious, driven, kind people. Along with all the amazing people I met, I had amazing professors at Villanova in the Villanova School of Business and outside of it through required courses like Ancients and Moderns that have helped me make connections outside of the school in the field I want to establish my career in. I could not imagine attending any other university; I found my home at Nova.
I love Villanova so much. It truly lives out it’s motto of caritas (Love), veritas (truth), and unitas (unity). As a community everyone is very inviting and there are so many so many different ways to get involved on campus. I currently participate in athletics and the baking club. What other school lets you cook in the dining hall? The professors are also great. Many of them are truly committed to your learning and will meet you based on your schedule instead what works best for them. The campus is also drop dead gorgeous. With just celebrating 175 year’s, Villanova doesn’t look old. The campus is constantly being renovated over the summer months so each new year the students come back to the best college campus. The beautiful stone dorms and buildings are amazing to walk by to class. Villanova just completed a new walkway bridge and are in the process of building new apartments for seniors so that more students can stay on campus.
My alma mater has been the best experience of my life and the best investment I have made in education for my eldest son.
I am a Finance and MIS double major at Villanova's Business School and I have had an amazing experience so far. There are so many resources available and all the professors are always available to help and they all truly want you to succeed. Sometimes they help to put you in touch with recruiters from top companies and they even offer some interview prep advice. We also have peer tutors who are current students that counsel and help you. Honestly, the institutions in this school are set up in order to ensure that every student succeeds. It's a great school.
My overall opinion of Villanova University is that it has truly earned its prestige. I chose Villanova University because I wanted a university where there was a strong sense of community and because of my experiences here, I know I have chosen the right college. Villanova's faculty and students put their best effort support each other. By the end of my freshman year, I had a multitude of encouraging mentors who I have appreciated as an extended support system. It is difficult for Computer Engineers to study abroad after your sophomore year. However, we are learning incredibly interesting and relevant skills by professors who are enthusiastic about the topics they teach. There are countless clubs of a wide variety that will fit everyone's interests, and if not, Villanova encourages students to begin clubs to suit more people. While the food isn't always great, I have come to Villanova to learn and grow professionally and personally, and I can attest that it is going wonderfully.
Very competitive to get involved in clubs and other organizations. People are very nice always and it is not super cut-throat.
The value and community in Nova are SOOOOOO good. Everyone really cares about each other and wants to change the world so how. Go Nova!!! Go Cats!!!
There's not too much diversity, but everyone is very nice and everyone accepts everyone else as part of nova nation! the campus is very nice and its great to be so close to philadelphia. go cats!
I love being a part of the Villanova Community. I have found a home here among service organizations, Campus Ministry, Villanova Voices, and several other activities. While I agree that there are many valid criticisms about Villanova's lack of racial and socio-economic diversity, I also see how these issues inspire action among some groups of students. I am always impressed by the pride that students take in making this community as vibrant and inclusive as possible. The level of motivation and enthusiasm among Villanovans is inspiring.
Also- NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2018!!!!!!! Thank you, and go cats \\V//
I was a Chem major in the class of ‘62, and, after a wasted year at FSU and three wake-up years in the Army, graduated as a Math major in the class of ‘66. I received a great education and loved the experience. My daughter graduated 25 years after me as an Accounting major. She was also well educated and loved the experience.
Certain things that I like about Villanova University are the small classrooms ranging from 25-30 students and that is really helpful for me because all of my professors know my name. I also like that the professors really take their time out to help the students with any subject and they do this by staying after class and office hours. One thing Villanova could improve on is the diversity and this is important because the race is predominantly white and I would defintley like to see a change in that.
As a nursing student at Villanova, I am excited to have the support of my professors. They are all so caring!
You leave Villanova not only a better scholar, but a better person. Excellent academics, community and value system. You get out what you put in, and Villanovans are known for going all in.
Start Your Review of Villanova University
The Experience at Villanova University is Phenomenal.
What i Like about Villanova, they are so generous to hold Special Olympics Fall Games at their campus. I would like to see more Gluten Free options in the Cafeteria.
I think that while Academics and the campus environment are excellent, Villanova needs to foster better relationships between faculty and students.
Villanova has been a wonderful experience thus far providing wonderful online options allowing students to work full time.