Villanova University Reviews

1,393 reviews
Villanova has been a wonderful experience thus far providing wonderful online options allowing students to work full time.
Villanova is a great university. The academics is good especially Business and Engineering. There is a high graduation rate and it is easy to get a job. The basketball team is the best in the nation.
Although there is somewhat of an academic challenge, you are a part of a network of people, who want to help and change the world for the better.
Start Your Review of Villanova University
Villanova has such a warm and welcoming atmosphere that made transitioning my freshman year a breeze. There's so many opportunities to get involved and find your niche on campus. I always described it as the perfect fit for me because it's a smaller community with the excitement and pride of a large state school.
Everyone at Villanova is so nice. Ever since my first day I have felt completely welcomed by all staff, students, and alumni. The connections from this school after graduation make the price worth it.
At first i disliked villanova- i was homesick and felt like there was no outlet for the stressful work (aka a struggle to party). But as the semester progressed, I met new friends, I managed my workload, and found it easier to go out at night. Villanova is not a top party school but the parties are fun, the students are friendly, and (if you manage to create a good schedule for yourself) the classes are interesting and the work is manageable (most of the time). Students do tend to be preppy, which I am not, but I do not feel discredited with having my own style. Love VU can't wait to go back.
Takes a very specific kind of person to love it, but if you love it you LOVE it. Academics are difficult and most professors are good, the advising freshman year is solid, parties are annoying first semester freshman year because its all word of mouth and you need to get rides to frats (you can't uber to a frat), food is decent but repetitive, baskeball games are fun, dorms are nice but forced triples are not.
Great community spirit, caring and accessible professors,basketball scene really unites the campus-challenging yet fair academics;lots of student activities that appeal to the entire student body
Villanova gets a reputation as a preppy university because of the expensive tuition. However, the school provides a massive amount of opportunities for students that is worth much more than what is being paid. Villanova provides top tier education as well as a multitude of different ways to get involved on campus. Diverse clubs, entertaining music, and exciting athletics is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what students can do at Villanova. This school also provides an unmatched sense of family among students. Lifelong friends are truly made here and I would not want to be anywhere else.
Villanova University has been great so far. I am of the opinion that some professors take their courses too seriously, but I'm sure others would see that as a good thing. I'd like to see Villanova shift its mindset toward its students. Earlier this year, friends of mine were complaining about the scarcity of good private study spaces. As a Sophomore and having been a Freshman last year, I found that it was difficult to find spots on campus where I could peacefully study with friends. Also, something must be done about the food. Dougherty Hall often has sparse selection and at some point in their service, they just completely run out of food. I never waste a meal there, but the alternative, Belle Air Terrace, has palatable food.
Villanova has great academics and the campus is beautiful. Surrounded by a quiet local town but still being close to the city is a big plus. Diversity could use improvement, but overall It's been a great experience.
As someone who is not at all religious, I was a little concerned about coming to a Catholic university, but I am sure glad that I did! There's a genuine sense of community at this this school and fellow students work together to help each other succeed. As a pre-health science major, I feel that the curriculum prepared me very well for graduate school and it gave me a well rounded experience. The large majority of professors I had were passionate about their subject and engaging. Between studying and hanging out with friends, I've never been bored on weekends. It's true that Nova isn't a big party school, but I think that's a perk.
Villanova is a great place for academics. I've had a lot of amazing opportunities as a science major. However, it is super homogeneous. The student body (the villanova nice) just doesn't really care about anything. My classes have been great except for intro theology, which as a non-Catholic was disastrous. I know most theology professors are not like that, but the one I had really just ruined my semester experience and never failed to make my views feel unwelcome.

Diversity is next to non-existent, basketball is fun to have around, if you research and pick woke professors you'll be good, housing honestly isn't bad at all, the campus is super safe, the party scene is extremely lacking, the local area and police doesn't like the university much, the food isn't the worst (some locations are better than others). You'll get a good education for sure, but the environment is lacking at best.
Villanova University has a wonderful, welcoming community. There are so many ways to get involved, and the staff and students are very friendly and encouraging. You do not feel like you are competing in a classroom, but working with your peers. I would say two criticisms are the food (at times) and the limited business classes available when registering as a freshman.
I love the academic excellence and desire to always improve. The process to apply was very easy and the recruiting coordinators were excellent.
So far I have loved my experience here at Villanova University. There are hundreds of clubs and organizations that are available as extracurricular activities, from martial arts and business societies to baking club and being ambassadors for either the entire school or the School of Business like myself. The professors are fantastic and provide the time necessary within class and outside of class to ask questions and make sure you understand the curriculum. Around Villanova are several pretty towns that have great things to do, and our athletic programs provide great games to watch for students. I know leaving Villanova I will have a great job and will have had a great overall experience as a college student.
Villanova is a good community where everybody is friendly and easy to get a long with. The campus is a very safe place where everybody can reinvent themselves and start a new life. The campus life is unique where there is always something you can do to the people at Villanova it is one of the most engaged campuses anyone has ever seen.
Start Your Review of Villanova University
Coming to Villanova has been one of the Absolutely BEST Decision I've ever made in my life!!

Super Friendly and Outgoing Student Body; Gorgeous, Safe, and Vibrant Campus; Easy Access to the City; and an Incredible Sense of School Spirit.

Villanova is an incredibly special and one of a lifetime experience. There's always so many things going on here: Basketball games, Campus events, Club events, Fundraisers, Retreats, Celebrities Visiting, Concerts, Traditions, Parties, Gatherings, Socials. I've traveled to sports games, performed with music groups, and done community service domestically and globally in both popular and exotic parts of the world hugely thanks to Villanova. Numerous clubs to find your social circle. Food's pretty good, and it's all you can eat so you'll rarely ever go hungry. Dorms are awesome!! Students really bond together and there is an incredible sense of community!!
The school is clearly overrated. The professors are extremely incompetent and have NO passion about teaching their students. It seems they don't care about our success but only their research. No wonder it was ranked so high, but definitely not for teaching. Go for Villanova if you want reputation, choose somewhere else if you want real QUALITY.
I love Villanova because of its large sense of community. Everyone is connected in some way and always willing to lend a helping hand. Visiting the university during high school gave me a small glimpse of what life would be like and influenced my college decision. Go wildcats!