Vanderbilt University Reviews

1,162 reviews
I feel bad for the commodres yes Skip Bayless always root for them but that is not enough they got blown out 2 weeks in a row by Alabama and Georgia wow and they have now shot at winning the SEC in a long time I don't remember the last time the won the SEC but it might have been a long time ago. All they have is a decent baseball team.
My sister studies there. She says that it is a great place to learn, where students tend to work hard and play hard. The campus is beautiful-- although the freshman dorms are across the street on the school of education campus instead of main campus.
All round terrific college, definitely the best in Tennessee, rivals a lot of the Ivies. Awesome place.
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
I loved the community and support from faculty and staff. The smaller class sizes really allow your professors to get to know you, and if you put in the effort, you will have a great experience here.
I absolutely love my school. From the social atmosphere to the unparalleled academics, it's been a dream come true. Teachers are highly involved and classes sizes are kept on the smaller side.
Vandy is great for finding a place for everyone to fit in. There are so many groups and organizations to participate in. There is a high fitness culture on campus that can make it seem like a sin to engage in greasy chicken wings from the pub, but nobody will judge you to your face. The campus is large and pretty, but be prepared to walk. I repeat, NOT CAR FRIENDLY!
I have loved every year I spent at Vanderbilt. My professor were amazing and engaging, I did not take a single boring class. I have found life long friends at Vanderbilt and also very much enjoyed the social scene of Nashville and the Vanderbilt campus itself. I learned more over the past four years than I have in my entire life. The classes and professors at Vanderbilt made me excited to learn and more interested in subjects I once found mundane.
As a grad student in IGP, I find my classmates in general two groups: either very bright and willing to share ideas (collaborative) or just in grad school to postpone finding a job (and party) but don't want to be scientists. There are many intellectuals in the faculty, but you have to find them in the right class. Some are just focused on trying to be landlords or working with big biotech companies. The undergrads are not very future-driven and their party atmosphere revolves around frats and getting slammed drunk. I have even seen my peers who are advanced MDPhD students, get incoherently drunk, and hope they will stop when they see patients. Postdocs, too. Basically, there is a huge drinking culture, little diversity compared to Stanford, but Nashville is enjoyable.
The freshman experience is completely unique and unparalleled, in my opinion. The support provided by VUceptors and House events makes the transition a lot easier. Classes are rigorous, but I love the majority of professors I've had so far! Having Nashville as a stomping ground is wonderful as well.
While Vanderbilt may be extremely challenging academically, the students who contribute to the student life and the city Nashville truly make for a great college experience.
Vanderbilt is an excellent place to continue your education. It is easy to find your place at this school because the environment is amazingly friendly and welcoming. Greek life is huge here and many people get involved. The weather is usually mild and the faculty is great. The food is ranked in the country, and as a sophomore, I still enjoy it. Anchor Down! This school is not without flaws, however. The campus is pretty divided racially. There is no malice, but it is clear that intermingling between races only truly occurs in the classroom. That is one thing this school could improve.
Well-managed school, relatively balanced culture, people are nice but there is a slightly fake culture.
Beautiful, small campus, right in the heart of music city, close proximity to every neighborhood in Nashville, relatively safe, and wonderful professors and academics!
Vanderbilt was a great place to go to college. Students come from all over the country (and world), making it an interesting place. The academics are challenging, but the community is great. The SEC is a great sports conference. The campus is located less than 2 miles from downtown Nashville, making it an awesome college town!
The atmosphere is one of collaboration among students and most of the faculty is looking to help students in any way they can! I love the city too- it's a perfect distance from the tree filled campus and gives the college student the best of both worlds.
Vanderbilt is a top notch university that's on the rise. Currently ranked number 15 in the nation according to US World News and Report, our school is on an upward trend. We're in a nice growing city in Nashville, TN which is not as big as a New York or Los Angeles but there are a lot of nice neighborhoods in the city near campus. The professors are top notch and while the academics are no joke there are resources available on campus to help.
I love Vanderbilt's energy and sense of community. There is a welcoming atmosphere to the university and Nashville's weather make it a great haven. The university's dining and social life are great - it is no surprise that it is ranked by some as having the happiest students on campus. The amount of research opportunities available and the engaging professors also make this university amazing.
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt has top-tier academics and students, and the campus is stunning. We have SEC athletics, and Nashville is awesome! There are no schools with a greater balance of academics and social life out there.
Vanderbilt is one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever been to in my life. The faculties in each department, especially Peabody School of Education, are knowledgeable and experienced in their fields. Most students are easygoing and relaxed all the time, except the engineers who always look stressed out from their STEM courses. With its world-class medical school, Vanderbilt is proud to offer pre-med programs that yield e medical school acceptance rate of 70% among its pre-med students. Despite its pros, the school's party scenes are wild, and one student die from alcohol intoxication every year.
I have developed some great relationships with my professors and they genuinely seem to care about my well-being. Classes are good sizes and I have had some really great classes in the different departments across the campus.