Vanderbilt University Reviews

1,188 reviews
Phenomenal university. Great campus. Great professors. Great facilities. Amazing opportunities to learn and experience. Intelligence and inspirational peer group. In the heart of Nashville.
Vanderbilt University is a rigorous school with many opportunities to further your education and career aspirations. I personally found a lot of personal and academic fulfillment here. While classes are difficult, you can find professors, advisors, RAs and friends who are willing to listen and help you be successful. They've either been in your shoes or are currently struggling with you. Campus life is diverse. There's something for everyone.
Excellent welcoming and freshman support. Strong administration procedures for class registration and dorm life. Very challenging math and science classes. Some help available but the advisement and counseling can be improved with more student centered tutoring. A shuttle system is available but its function during holiday airport transits not easiest to utilize.
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
The dorms are horrible to start with and the school administration does everything in their power to suck money from the students. The school is now making all students live on campus however their dorm that is housing 600+ students is not ready for the new year. Absolutely terrible. They also don’t let anyone live off campus, so if you were hoping to have fun in college, don’t apply here. On top of that, the academics and D1 sports really are average. Half the professors can’t speak English or are too focused on their own research / lives to teach a class well. After having been here for over 2 years, I wish I had known how bad this school was before I applied and would transfer if it wasn’t already too late.
A beautiful campus full of students who are super friendly. Great community, great food. The teachers are also usually very helpful as well.
I loved all of the opportunities that Vanderbilt provides to allow students to pursue their interests whether that be undergraduate research, outdoor clubs, or social justice movements.
Vanderbilt was a fantastic insitution with a fantastic student body. There were a multitude of opportunities for growth and learning. They are also very generous with their financial aid options! I truly enjoyed my years at Vandy and would do back in a heartbeat.
I will do try to best my level. Vanderbilt university is very good and nice place. All teacher is good and they always teach nicely. I like this university, professor also teach well. Lastly I say one things if colleges and university is good he /she will get good knowledge . Do we good and be good
A+ 100% the best place to GO VANDERBILT !!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!A+ 100% the best place to GO VANDERBILT !!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!A+ 100% the best place to GO VANDERBILT !!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!
Vanderbilt is a great university that offers lots of diverse opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom. Vanderbilt continues to work to make research, study abroad, and volunteer experiences more accessible to all students. The Vanderbilt name is also well respected wherever you go and graduate schools and employees look favorably towards Vanderbilt grads.
Professors are too caught up in making classes unnecessarily difficult. Students are under a lot of stress and pressure to perform well in impossible tests.
I love Vanderbilt and would encourage anyone to attend. Nashville is a lovely city and Vandy sits right in the middle of it. The people in Nashville are fantastic and the demographic of the university fits the city. The education is first rate and anyone that is lucky enough to be able to attend would be choosing wisely.
Vanderbilt is built for a specific type of student, and it really does help you figure out the type of student that you are. Make aware of your goals before you attend.
I am admitted to the school of nursing in preparation mode for classes to begin. The organization of the program is excellent with details, ease of navigation, accessible to staff and professiors, and the provide so many resources for your success! They have thought of everything, so I can prepare to the fullest and once on campus, I will be able to focus on learning and achieving my degree.
Vanderbilt University is a top-notch program with professors who are committed to your learning and peers who are well-rounded, intellectual, and passionate.
Love it here, work hard play hard. Professors are amazing and everyone here has a story worth hearing.
The university offers so much to the students: professors are truly approachable, great mentors throughout campus, resources for student showcases, and administration is receptive to student needs. However, the culture is very demanding, expecting students to excel in all areas - academics, campus life, leadership, services, physical fitness, and social life. Can make it very difficult to take a break.
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
I really enjoy my time currently at Vanderbilt University because there are a variety of activities to get involved with. All the people here are super nice while the professors seem to be interested in their subjects of teaching as well. Plus we're in Nashville where the food is great.
I finished my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering Department at Vanderbilt University in 2017. Vanderbilt University provides me excellent opportunity to be a professional engineer right now. I am very happy to be Vanderbilt Member and never forget this times in my life.
Vandy is a great rising star in the world of elite colleges. It still retains a lot of its individual character as an SEC school with a thriving social scene in Nashville which is also growing a lot. At the same time, the academic competitiveness is rising which sometimes conflicts with the non-academic aspects of the university and poses a challenge to administrators.