Vanderbilt University Reviews

1,192 reviews
Vanderbilt is a great school when it comes to opportunity and education. Other than that, it is a settlement. The student body is segregated and has to often deal with racial, homophobic, etc. displays of hatred. The food options are getting worse and dining hall close at 8pm and are barely open on weekends. Meal plans decrease as you move up, so prepare to spend a lot of money on eating out and finding food elsewhere. Additionally, there are certain groups of people that are heavily protected on campus so sexual assaults by these people will receive a slap on the wrist. Also there are some nice dorms and then there are dorms with mold. Despite the slogan, students here are by far NOT the happiest students in the nation.
Phenomenal school!!! I couldn’t imagine myself at any other school. I am so happy to attend. Their financial aid is amazing, their professors are inspiring, and the students are so down to earth. “Work hard play hard” suits Vanderbilt well. I encourage all to apply. You won’t be disappointed!!
This is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, good college. I wish I could do this all over again
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
My experience with Vanderbilt is very specific to my time as a graduate student which I know is much different than undergrad here. My specific program I have enjoyed the classes and core faculty, but have not had the best experience with the adjunct faculty here. My biggest complaint is the lack of diversity, but the way that Vanderbilt likes to portray themselves in a way where they do have diversity. It feels deceiving.
Vanderbilt has a good name and good levels of financial aid, however you don't exactly get what you pay for. Food is good but nothing special, housing is cramped and sometimes dangerous due to hazardous materials or mold issues, and dealing with different offices on campus can be a real pain. If you get past the quality of life issues, the actual education is fast-paced and challenging, which is why I stay.
Phenomenal university. Great campus. Great professors. Great facilities. Amazing opportunities to learn and experience. Intelligence and inspirational peer group. In the heart of Nashville.
Vanderbilt University is a rigorous school with many opportunities to further your education and career aspirations. I personally found a lot of personal and academic fulfillment here. While classes are difficult, you can find professors, advisors, RAs and friends who are willing to listen and help you be successful. They've either been in your shoes or are currently struggling with you. Campus life is diverse. There's something for everyone.
Excellent welcoming and freshman support. Strong administration procedures for class registration and dorm life. Very challenging math and science classes. Some help available but the advisement and counseling can be improved with more student centered tutoring. A shuttle system is available but its function during holiday airport transits not easiest to utilize.
The dorms are horrible to start with and the school administration does everything in their power to suck money from the students. The school is now making all students live on campus however their dorm that is housing 600+ students is not ready for the new year. Absolutely terrible. They also don’t let anyone live off campus, so if you were hoping to have fun in college, don’t apply here. On top of that, the academics and D1 sports really are average. Half the professors can’t speak English or are too focused on their own research / lives to teach a class well. After having been here for over 2 years, I wish I had known how bad this school was before I applied and would transfer if it wasn’t already too late.
A beautiful campus full of students who are super friendly. Great community, great food. The teachers are also usually very helpful as well.
I loved all of the opportunities that Vanderbilt provides to allow students to pursue their interests whether that be undergraduate research, outdoor clubs, or social justice movements.
Vanderbilt was a fantastic insitution with a fantastic student body. There were a multitude of opportunities for growth and learning. They are also very generous with their financial aid options! I truly enjoyed my years at Vandy and would do back in a heartbeat.
I will do try to best my level. Vanderbilt university is very good and nice place. All teacher is good and they always teach nicely. I like this university, professor also teach well. Lastly I say one things if colleges and university is good he /she will get good knowledge . Do we good and be good
Vanderbilt is a great university that offers lots of diverse opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom. Vanderbilt continues to work to make research, study abroad, and volunteer experiences more accessible to all students. The Vanderbilt name is also well respected wherever you go and graduate schools and employees look favorably towards Vanderbilt grads.
Professors are too caught up in making classes unnecessarily difficult. Students are under a lot of stress and pressure to perform well in impossible tests.
I love Vanderbilt and would encourage anyone to attend. Nashville is a lovely city and Vandy sits right in the middle of it. The people in Nashville are fantastic and the demographic of the university fits the city. The education is first rate and anyone that is lucky enough to be able to attend would be choosing wisely.
Vanderbilt is built for a specific type of student, and it really does help you figure out the type of student that you are. Make aware of your goals before you attend.
Start Your Review of Vanderbilt University
I am admitted to the school of nursing in preparation mode for classes to begin. The organization of the program is excellent with details, ease of navigation, accessible to staff and professiors, and the provide so many resources for your success! They have thought of everything, so I can prepare to the fullest and once on campus, I will be able to focus on learning and achieving my degree.
Vanderbilt University is a top-notch program with professors who are committed to your learning and peers who are well-rounded, intellectual, and passionate.
Love it here, work hard play hard. Professors are amazing and everyone here has a story worth hearing.