Valparaiso University Reviews

1,002 reviews
The campus is beautiful, the people are lovely, and overall I feel confident in my decision here! The only negative experience that has occurred here was my friend needed medical assistance and she did not receive the best help. They accidentally disclosed her medical information to student and they did not give her roundabout transportation to the doctor.
Valparaiso University is a very beautiful place. Walking on campus is always nice because of the beautiful scenery. Walking to classes is never too far because of the smaller size of the campus. And although the campus is small it seems big enough. Living on campus is nice if you're not in the freshmen dorms(Lank, Alumni, Brandt) even though Brandt has recently been renovated. Otherwise, Valpo has beautiful newly renovated halls to live in like Beacon, Uptown, & Promenade.
Everyone is very friendly, and the professors are very helpful and dedicated to their work. I love how beautiful the campus is. There are lots of clubs to join, and lots of opportunities to go to research presentations or other events to gain more knowledge that you can apply to life. Overall, I'm so glad I chose Valpo, it's the perfect fit for me.
Start Your Review of Valparaiso University
The professors are typically great and very knowledgeable as well as caring. They ask about your personal well being and class sizes are small enough to foster relationships between professors and students.
One thing I struggle with here is the lack of diversity and open mindedness. I hope that in my time here, I can help improve these issues. The university is religiously affiliated however, it could be more welcoming to everyone like it advertises.
I love this school! The people are sooo welcoming and very friendly. Always a friendly face no matter where you turn. The campus is beautiful looks clean and professional. I am majoring in nursing and the building is amazing! The simulation rooms and so realistic and very hands on allowing for the best real world connections to be made
I love Valparaiso University! All the professors I have had so far really want to see me succeed and the community is very welcoming.
Valparaiso University is a very welcoming and enjoyable place to receive a great education. The professors truly care about the students and the material they are teaching. I struggled while trying to decide where to attend college, but I am so glad I chose Valparaiso. I know I will accomplish my goals here while meeting amazing people and having amazing opportunities.
Valparaiso University is a very welcoming and diverse school. Classes themselves vary with a great mix of upperclassmen and freshmen. There are many opportunities to meet new people, pursue personal interests, and experience different activities.
I came to Valpo university unsure of the whole college thing. I didn't know if college was right for me but that changed as soon as i got here. The community of valpo is super friendly and makes you feel at home immediately. The comfort I've felt here has allowed me to succeed as a student and citizen.
I felt very welcomed coming to Valparaiso University. There are a lot of events in which a student can become involved and clubs in which students can participate. There are comedy shows to see, concerts to listen to, and games to be hyped about. As an engineer major, the classes are challenging and the work can be overwhelming if you don't stay on task and study. There are plenty of resources that help with tutoring and finding a job.
Valparaiso is an amazing university, due to the fact that there are so many options given to students and many resources. There are many jobs a student can apply for on campus, scholarships, people to talk to for anything, fun opportunities, food places around the campus, etc. The classes are small, which gives personal attention to students when needed. Student counselors are usually available to talk to the students and have flexible office hours.
My experience at the university has made me experience school, friends and professors differently for the better. Being at Valpo, I've thought about my life and who I want to become. I currently major in criminology to learn more about the problems of the world, many kinds of people and where we go wrong as humans. Also, learn about the role of higher government with law enforcement. Valpo is challenging me and making me enjoy ever challenge everyday.
Valparaiso is a smaller school, but it is no less valuable than larger schools. Valparaiso's key goal for students is to help you reach your full potential and help you build a strong foundation before entering "the real world". Apart from Valpo's extensive academic course selection catalogue, they have many courses, clubs and organizations that help it's students learn about different religions and cultures, become better students as well as better people overall and prepare for life after graduation. Everyone on campus is friendly and helpful. This is an amazing university to attend if you value community, family and religion.
I really like my first year at Valporaiso University. It is very different from high school. I have met alot of new people from all over, and tried alot of new things. I really like the option to be a commuter student, so that I can save money on living expenses.
The school is nice but is limited on specialized programs. Lots of free stuff if you look for it and nice activities. Core class taken freshman year is a waste of time. OMP is pretty cool and open but I wish more people on campus came. Needs more diversity or people to unite together instead of being so cliquey. It's a small school in a small but amazing city; there are a lot of things to do.
I am a commuter and don't spend much time on campus but as a local i can tell you the surrounding area is amazing. it has the best downtown just down the road and is a 1 hr train ride or bus ride from Chicago.
I'm only a freshman so things may get better. The staff and resources here are outstanding, it's just the students that are the problem. The diversity is LOW but according to the native Hoosiers it's high? It just depends on what you're used to. The students aren't interested in interacting with people of different ethnicities, this goes for both Caucasian and ethnic groups here. The food is terribly bland and the surrounding area doesn't have much good food to offer. Like people literally tell you the same 4 places that actually have good food. But aside from the students and the food, the staff and townspeople are quite friendly, and the environment, despite it's lack of diversity, greatly encourages and welcomes it. The clubs are wack, the dorms( your beds are about 5 ft apart) and showers(3x4ft maybe) are WAY too small.
I love the community. The academic departments are great. They have an amazing ROTC program. I am current students who enjoys his classes.
Start Your Review of Valparaiso University
Valparaiso university has very clear strengths and minor weaknesses. The campus is beautiful. The professors are friendly and very willing to help and the student body is very welcoming. There is definitely room for improvement though. Many professors do not post grades frequently enough, and some of the course and campus required events feel tedious. If you aren't a Christian/Lutheran you may not want to come here because they are very open about it. All in all its a great school with some minor problems that can be a little aggravating at times. And if you are in engineering, your second and third week will be tough.
They give a lot of importance to Greek life and athletes. If you're not part of any of these you might feel like you don't fit in. However, academics are great and offer many tutoring options.
Valparaiso University is a fantastic school. The professors love helping their students and there are so many different ways to find help for a course.