Valdosta State University Reviews

1,756 reviews
What I like about VSU is the environment and people. The environment is very chill and comfortable, yet there are professors here that want to help you. Many professors work with you if you are going through something or if you just don't understand the material in class. The classes are not hard, just have to be a disciplined student, and the campus is gorgeous. The weather is great and overall it is a great school to attend.
Valdosta State University is a family oriented university. I wouldn't change anything.My roommates are helpful as well as my professors. The facilities are within walking distance from my dormitory. The cafeteria is cleaned and have a variety of difference foods. Overall experience at Valdosta State University is excellent.
My time at Valdosta State University was unforgettable. I was challenged by professors and my peers at every step of my journey which has made me a better person all around.
Start Your Review of Valdosta State University
Valdosta State University is a very unique school. At first I really did not like this school, and I wanted to transfer as soon as I got here. After a full year, I began to fall in love with the school, and all of the people that went to this school. I now love it, and am attending South University in the Fall, and will be very sad to leave.
Valdosta is an amazing college with an unforgettable experience. At Valdosta State the campus puts you into an environment that is enjoyable and very diverse. The longer you stay at the college the more you get to know your way around the campus which is very easily learned.
I enjoyed the small class sizes and the relationships you are able to form with your professors. The campus is b-e-a-utiful.
I love the campus. It feels very inviting and open. Its also has very beautiful architecture, both internally and externally. I love the campus. It feels very inviting and open. Its also has very beautiful architecture, both internally and externally. I love the campus. It feels very inviting and open. Its also has very beautiful architecture, both internally and externally. I love the campus. It feels very inviting and open. Its also has very beautiful architecture, both internally and externally. I love the campus. It feels very inviting and open. Its also has very beautiful architecture, both i
Valdosta State University is an excellent university. Attending as freshman, Valdosta State provides that home away from home feeling. The educators and staff of the school are always friendly to me and my colleagues. Being a first year student, I’ve participated in more activities and clubs on campus than ever. Really appreciate my VSU and everything they do.
We have a beautiful and extremely diverse campus. The curriculum isn't too challenging depending on your major. The living quarters wasn't the cleanest it could of been. Especially, the freshman dormitories Langdale and Lowndes Hall were the nastiest of them all. Student life is the best thing about the college because you have a chance to have fun and try new things. There's many different organizations on campus that is fit to every person. Safety is the number one thing parents worry about when there kids go to college and at Valdosta State there is a police officer every where you turn which makes it very safe. The university isn't located in a bad area in Valdosta. The party scene is extraordinary different. Professors are not going to baby you because you are an adult. Campus food is good but after a while you do get tired of eating the same thing especially if you don't have a car. Your freshman experience at Valdosta State is a one in a lifetime experience.
Valdosta State University is more like a community college rather than a University. The class ranges are limited and the professor choices are also very limited, which makes it harder to get your schedule to work out nicely. The campus is nice but when it comes to the educational quality of the college it definitely needs major improvement.
Valdosta State has been a great experience so far. The institution has friendly and caring teachers, whom I may add are very hilarious. The campus food isn't that good but they give you other option, by swapping out one of your dining meal with something more pleasant, such as Chik Fil A .
Valdosta State University is a great school. The people and the atmosphere are wonderful, and it is a very refreshing campus when you look at the turmoil that everything else in the world is. The teachers and academics have been very good thus far, and everyone works with you to make sure you're on the right track. Overall, I am enjoying my time here and look forward to doing so in the future.
This will be my second year at Valdosta State. The campus is truly beautiful. Homecoming and Thrilla is the best time to be a student at V State. There are many organizations, social events, and parties to go to. But because it is in a local area there isn't much around besides whats at V State or remotely close.
I like the atmosphere of Valdosta state. I would like to see more organization and more of the staff carrying.
Valdosta State University is a beautiful campus. The Spanish architecture is what attracted me to this school. It’s a nice place to live, whether you’re in the dorms or off campus. If you’re attempting to get away from Atlanta, I’d definitely say this school is an option for you. In my experience, the professors I’ve had are very helpful and willing to help you. The only thing I wish was different was the student life here. It’s quite divided, and I wish there was more unity.
Valdosta State University belongs in a friendly town. I developed friendships with many of my classmates, and the professors seem passionate about their job. The only thing I would change is the food choice. There are only about 4 places to choose from.
New to college but it’s a great school good area lots of things to do around the city Nice sports team and clean campus.
Start Your Review of Valdosta State University
Valdosta State University is a great school overall. The campus is beautiful. The professors really want you to succeed. The only problem with Valdosta is the parking situation. It’s hard to pay tickets once you have them but overall Valdosta is a great university.
This is a good, small school that is great for anyone who wants to start off their college experience. The city isn't too exciting around it, but there is definitely a great party atmosphere here with bars and parties going on almost every week. The professors are great; I am familiar with the ones in the business and math fields as I had to take quite a few of them being an engineering major. A great upside to this school is that it participates in and engineering transfer program with Georgia Tech, so if you couldn't achieve the high standards that Tech had coming out of high school, you will be prepared after leaving here in two-three years.
The school is diverse and full of life. The community is small but there is opportunity everywhere you look.