1,702 reviews
  1. Valdosta, GA
  2. 4 Year

Valdosta State University Reviews

1,702 reviews
Everything at VSU is fantastic except the dining options. The housing is phenomenal, and the professors are just as amazing.
The campus is beautiful, great for hanging around if you just want some peace and quiet with nature. There are a lot of helpful staff and veteran students around for new people who need assistance. The courses are great, good professors. There are lot of organizations, events, and parties for people to be social and just have a good time.
What I love the most about VSU is being able to hang out on the front lawn and that VSU has many activities going on year round that allows you to meet new people and to have fun.
Review Your College
I am not yet a student here but I plan on becoming one. When I visited this campus, it was well maintained, had a beautiful environment, and had a friendly and safe sense of home in my opinion. I love Valdosta state university.
Probably one of the worst universities in Georgia. Don't let the beautiful campus trick you. HORRIBLE on campus housing, especially for freshman. But the food is the absolute worst part. The dining hall has the same exact thing every single day and there's only a couple different things to chose from. Then all you got is moe's and chickfila, which get really old really fast. The school is also very segregated and people are not friendly. Although it seems like a decent size, it's a small school, in a small town, in the middle of nowhere. Most people that attend here are already from Valdosta, or Tifton. The university does a great job through social media at making it seem like the perfect place to attend, but it really is not.
If you love Florida but don't have Florida money then Valdosta is for you. It has Florida vibes with palm trees and the weather is similar as well. It rarely gets cold but when it does the next day you're back to wearing shorts. The professors I've had to deal with were average but I am only a freshman I haven't met that one professor that's going to change my life yet. Your meal plan includes money for other food not just the dining hall. You have on and off campus options. On campus includes moes, chic Fa la and which wich but of course you'll get tired of that or just feel fancy and wanna go out. The school card (one card) includes off campus restaurants as well! They provide you with a list but it's expected to grow. They do not provide close enough student parking though. You must take a bus to your car.
I love that the campus is so beautiful. There are countless organizations that one can join. There are also many fun things like the game room on campus.
When i first moved to Valdosta I didn't think I would want to stay but now that I have adjusted I like it here.
I have so far really enjoyed VSU. Most of the faculty is engaged and knowledgeable about their particular area. The campus seems safe and clean as well as welcoming.
I love the campus and it is always changing. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone. The food here is okay they change a whole lot when you put in reviews they try to fix the situation. The school is always willing to help you with anything you need and will answer emails quickly. The good thing about living on campus is that the maintenance people are always quick to respond to your issues.
The campus is really what drew me in, it has to be one of the prettiest and it's close to the beach as well. The students are really welcoming and there is so much to do there also
Great campus. Spread over a large area so make sure to view the campus before starting classes. New North Campus Business building that is great and very up to date. Great and helpful teachers.
VSU is a pretty great school, but like most colleges all those unnecessary fees we'll drive you bonkers. Valdosta State is one of the best schools in this area, and offers student resources that other schools do not. My experience at Valdosta State has been great so far. I enjoy the campus size. Make sure you go to class, attendance is mandatory. Check your email every single day. Be advised as soon as you can so you can register for the classes you need.
As a freshman at Valdosta State University, I have experienced one of the most successful semesters in school. With Student Life and other student organizations always finding ways to help students feel at home, I have adjusted to this new life away from home. The professors have challenged me to do my best in their classes to rise to the occasion by believing in myself and working hard each day. I have found friends who are all about doing well in school and accomplishing some pretty amazing goals to be the best in their careers. Even though Valdosta is a smaller school than other schools, I enjoy real connections made with people who support my dreams and who are willing to help me accomplish my goals in life. I appreciate the Valdosta State University staff for working hard everyday to make my dreams come true with dedication, hard work, perseverance, challenges, and most of all support.
VSU offers a great atmosphere for students of all backgrounds. They offer many majors while excelling in academics. The dorms are decent; they are what you make them. VSU gives all students an opportunity to have a great college experience.
VSU is a great four year college; its small enough to be comfortable but big enough to be a major university. Campus is beautiful and professors are great.
A decent small college. Not as busy as the city, which is good for focusing. Finding a job in the area for a student is somewhat difficult. Beautiful campus.
Review Your College
I love Valdosta State University. The Nursing Program and its facilities are amazing and still provide the typical college experience.
The perfect school if you like small school feel. Everything is within walking distance. I am absolutely love his school!!!
I enjoy the small town feel of Valdosta. You get the attention you need from your professors, but have the ability to participate in "big-campus" events like football games and social activities. The student body is great, with a diverse population and plenty of student bodies to find your own niche.