Ursinus College Reviews

DO NOT ATTEND URSINUS COLLEGE!!!

First, there are 2 options for freshmen living, and they're old with paper thin walls. For upper classmen, there are very limited options: Main Street houses, which are old, small, and narrow, or New/North, which are nearly impossible to get into, and Reimert, a nasty dorm complex where people host "parties". These parties are the same every weekend and get boring fast. You will be very bored here.

The most important part of this review is how awful resident life is. I am suffering from depression and anxiety, with a terrible roommate, and I need an emergency single. I asked my RA for help, he contacted the AD, and I have yet to hear from the AD. So I am stuck in a bad room, no hope for escape, and my mental state getting worse. The food here, again, has limited options and is extremely unhealthy. The school is incredibly overrated, OVERPRICED, and not worth a single penny that you pay. Please learn from my mistakes: do NOT go here.
At Ursinus College, I was able to make friends and connections very easily. The professors are personable and always know your name after just a few classes. The classes are small so it is easy to participate and ask questions. The coaches of all sports teams make sure that students are putting their academics first.
I am able to continue most of my extracurriculars from high school here and still have enough time to get all my homework done. The campus is beautiful and just down the street are restaurants and grocery stores. The Student Activities Office always has fun and cheap activities planned for students to mingle or to get off campus for a day trip on the weekends.
I love the community and the facilities. The people make the journey through college worth it and the friendships that are made are incredible. The school is teaching me how to be my own person because I'm not just a number in a lecture hall due to the size of the school. I think Ursinus will pave a bright path for me in the future
Start Your Review of Ursinus College
A cozy, comfortable, inviting environment full of people ready to help. Offers an amazing experience to all kinds of students from rigorous athletes and serious academics to artistic creators and determined entrepreneurs, there’s a place for everyone at Ursinus College to call home.
Ursinus College has an excellent Pre-Medicine and Biology department, with extremely helpful advisors. Class sizes are very small, so there is plenty of one-on-one help from professors. Furthermore, most professors practically live on campus, so office hours are always available. If your schedule does not fit their office hours, they are always more than happy to schedule a meeting with you outside of their hours!
While students are pretty accepting of commuter students, the school doesn't even try to advertise that students can commute here. Commuters also don’t anything to help them meet people outside of classes. Many professors are understanding of bad weather but there are also many that still expect you to drive to campus and show up to class in unsafe driving conditions.
I also choose Ursinus because they advertise a great study abroad program, and the college is incredibly encouraging of study abroad. I learned that I would most likely have to pay room and board for the time that I was studying abroad. While they help students get scholarships if they need them, students won't know if they've received scholarships to study abroad until after they've submitted their applications for the program, which makes it difficult for low-income students to plan to be able to study abroad when they don't know if they'll get scholarships so that they can afford to.
Great four year small college. Focused on small classrooms. Good social environment. Athletics is important for more than half the study body. Love the campus.
Ursinus College is a small school which lends itself to greater student-professor interactions. The small campus means minimal time is required to get to classes. The dining hall is usually consistent with having good food. There are a lot of organizations for students for interests of any variety. The academics provides a challenge to students, forcing students to really push themselves to develop themselves intellectually. The surrounding suburban area makes for a peaceful campus compared to city life. People are very friendly and welcoming at Ursinus which makes Ursinus feel like a home away from home. Ursinus is a wonderful place to be at.
I like how welcoming the community is and how professors really want you to succeed and will go above and beyond to make sure that success happens.
Ursinus has a fabulous neuroscience program. The faculty are very engaged in their classes, and most welcome students to visit office hours with questions or concerns. The small campus environment makes it easy to get to know your classmates, and many students are down-to-earth and friendly.
The staff is super helpful in your process to achieve your goals. The entire campus is like a giant communal family! There's a lot of things to be involved with and many employment/internship opportunities.
Ursinus is a wonderful institution. The academics are quite challenging for a small school but the professors are some of the most supportive human beings
Although Ursinus is a very small campus and there is very little diversity, it is academically chanllenging and prepares it students for the future.
I find that Ursinus College has provided academia in which helped guide me into further opening my mind. My college has been the best experience of my life, and I believe it is a needed experience.
There's a vast amount of opportunities at Ursinus that not only help you get to where you want to be in life after graduation, but as well help you figure out where exactly that place or career is. From the research involvement to study abroad programs to career events on and off campus, Ursinus really helps its' students become settled and secure not only in their career paths, but also with themselves as people.
I absolutely loved Ursinus and would highly recommend the school to anyone who is looking to apply to colleges. I learned a lot, especially from the freshman seminar, The Common Intellectual Experience. I joined a Sorority, made friends at a local nutrition club and took rigorous classes.
Great place to learn. Class sizes are small and the professors are always available. People who go there are down to earth and everyone cares about each other.
Start Your Review of Ursinus College
The Ursinus community is very nice, many students on campus freely express their opinions and there are many on campus opportunities. From academic and Greek organizations to club sports there is plenty of student groups on campus. The faculty and staff are very friendly over time some may even begin to be like family. Food needs a little work and like in most places not everyone knows what hygiene and cleanliness are but that's why there are many options for housing after the first year and multiple options for getting a bite to eat.
I had a wonderful first year here. The professors are helpful, the facilities are well kept, and it was easy to make friends.
Ursinus College is a small, private college in Collegeville, PA. It may be small but its size makes it unique and actually quite likable. The students become close and the learning is really tailored to the students' style. The classes are challenging but fun, the clubs are welcoming, and the events make everyone feel like a community. The thing I would change would be the limited diversity at the college. I would like to see people of many more backgrounds and experiences.