Ursinus College Reviews

Great place to learn. Class sizes are small and the professors are always available. People who go there are down to earth and everyone cares about each other.
The Ursinus community is very nice, many students on campus freely express their opinions and there are many on campus opportunities. From academic and Greek organizations to club sports there is plenty of student groups on campus. The faculty and staff are very friendly over time some may even begin to be like family. Food needs a little work and like in most places not everyone knows what hygiene and cleanliness are but that's why there are many options for housing after the first year and multiple options for getting a bite to eat.
I had a wonderful first year here. The professors are helpful, the facilities are well kept, and it was easy to make friends.
Review Ursinus College
Ursinus College is a small, private college in Collegeville, PA. It may be small but its size makes it unique and actually quite likable. The students become close and the learning is really tailored to the students' style. The classes are challenging but fun, the clubs are welcoming, and the events make everyone feel like a community. The thing I would change would be the limited diversity at the college. I would like to see people of many more backgrounds and experiences.
Ursinus was a school that I applied at last minute to and wasn't entirely sure about my decision. However, I have been pleasantly surprised over and over again here. The professors are extremely qualified in their fields and the small class size makes it super easy to get a more personal and engaging learning experience. The student body is diverse not only in their ethnic background but also socioeconomically, politically and their interest. I am a member of the swimming and track team along with balancing a double major and a radio show. The passion among the students here, especially the studnet-atheletes is contagious, and it wasn't long before I found myself passionate not only about my course but also my studies.
This school is perfect for anyone that wants to have a close relationship with their professors and classmates. With the small class sizes, both academic classes and graduating classes, you will be on a first name basis with almost everyone on campus. You become close with your professors and are able to seek help in your course work on an almost daily basis. If you professor is not available, any professor in the department is willing to help you.
Ursinus has a great community. The campus is small, which means you can walk to all your classes within 5 minutes. The campus is also very beautify with many trees. Professors are great and very attentive. Courses are hard be if you apply yourself they aren't that bad and you can make it out with good grades. Party scene is great to me, but other aren't into. You become friends with everyone because you see them everyday.
Ursinus College is a wonderful institution, full of engaged students and passionate professors. The academics prepared me very well for graduate school.
I love the environment, it's a small school so you can walk to classes within 5 minutes and I love the campus feel. It's in a small suburban town with loads of trees and nature on campus. The food isn't great, but most college diners aren't, the food is generally okay but doesn't have much variety and could always be more nutritious. The academics are great, I've loved all my professors, even the ones that taught classes I hated. They are also great because we have small classes, so there is more time for teachers to help students with one-on-one time.
I would like to see better living standards and better food. I'd also like to have more of a student center and non-alcoholic fun options.
As soon as I walked on the campus I knew this school was for me. The campus is great & everyone I met was very inviting. I'm interested in the engineering program, and absolutely love the athletic facilities on campus. I'm planning on joining the cross-country team so I look forward to working there too.
Overall a very close nit, excepting community. There are tons of academic and social opportunities for all.
Ursinus is a great College if you are in Bio/Chem track. There are many resources for science classes. Campus is relatively small, so you can easily create relationships on campus. One thing that Ursinus has to change is tuition costs.
I'm not an athlete, so I wouldn't know much about that part of campus. However, it is strongly emphasized here to the extent that athletics take priority over the humanities departments.
This school is not worth their advertising. They do not portray an accurate student experience to prospective students--making sure to gloss over all of their issues right until you move in on campus. The dining hall is disgusting; it was slapped with fourteen health violations last semester after an outbreak of Norovirus. The classes are mostly dull due to lack of student interest or participation. Expect crickets in the classroom and disruptive, drunken freshmen all over campus on the weekend. Their budget seems to emphasize more on athletics and "new, innovative programs" than the liberal arts or theater. Ursinus boasts an inflated percentage of medical school acceptances, something like >90% of pre-med students--while failing to mention that the majority of pre-med students drop out of the track after the first year, due to the rigor and lack of support in large classes that were designed to eliminate students. The college advertises a close-knit, intellectual community--but the administration (especially its residence life) do not care about about your college experience. The lack of diversity, rampant sexual assault/binging culture, and drained funding remain largely unaddressed issues on campus and are not expected to change by the time you might graduate.
No one will ever be turned down from a party. Reimert residence hall is just one huge party with other parties going on within the individual suites occupied by varsity sports or frats/sororities. If you're underage there is no worry that you'll get caught unless you're drinking in the freshman dorms (where alcohol is strictly prohibited). Ursinus is a wet campus which allows for easy access to alcohol at parties.
Main street houses and Reimert are the party places where anyone can drink without worry as long as you're inside reimert courtyard and inside a main street house. There are parties every friday and saturday. When its nice out there are usually day drinks on sundays in reimert. No overcharge for parties and it is easy for both males and females to enter parties without question.
Review Ursinus College
Every course challenges you in a good way. The workload is tough but you also have a lot of time to get it done especially if you manage your time well. Professors are very knowledgeable and with class sizes smaller than the average college it is very convenient and easy to get to know your professors well.
The are only a handful of people that would be intolerant. Everyone is welcome and everyone gets along rather well.
You never really see drugs being used at parties but if you find the right people they are accessible. No one treats you differently if you don't drink or do drugs everyone is pretty welcoming.