University of Wyoming Reviews

1,754 reviews
The professors are kind and care about the students. The staff at the university are helpful, and were able to assist with all my questions.
Great place to go to school. Staff is willing to help. Great counselors. Great environment with a location with great access to the outdoors.
I would like to see a change in them taking more care of students during winter. They should think about us having to walk to class in the horrible cold and weather.
Start Your Review of University of Wyoming
Such great staff. Very helpful and want you to succeed. They have a great program that’s not just at the main campus so students can get class time without moving.
It's a great environment. Most of the classes are small sizes. Small personal feel in your education.
I love how the University's campus is in one main area. It's very gorgeous and well maintained. The cost is very affordable for out of state and in state students compared to other schools. You can easily get your money's worth with the resources on campus. I would change the dorms because they are old and need to be updated.
As an incoming junior from out of state, Wyoming is very close to the outdoors with parks and trails being close to campus within 25 minutes. Campus is close to student housing and a short ride to downtown Laramie which is small, but comforting. The weather is usually nice and can be warm one day and cold the next, but it is the West. Denver is a close being only about 2 hours away and Chyanne is 45 minutes which is good.
I transferred from a community college. It's been a challenge, but there are a lot of resources to help students. Not just with academics, but also socially and in regard to their health.
The University of Wyoming really is the perfect college town. Everyone is incredibly kind, my mentors are people I really look up to. Class sizes are perfect; not too small not too large. I really got to experience how the business world works and the university prepared me for future job opportunities.
Overall, the University of Wyoming has really been a great experience, especially for the value. The university is fun, but the professors and people here are what really makes the university great.
I have not officially started school there yet but I have attended many sports camps on their campus and have has a marvelous experience.
Love this school and the town. I've made so many connections to new people and found new things I'm passionate about. I've really grown as a person and an adult here and I cant wait to see where I go within the University of Wyoming's walls.
There is no place I would rather be for college than the University of Wyoming. They have a great sense of community both on campus and in the town of Laramie. They have events as well as excellent professors and most faculty and staff are willing to go the extra mile for students. It does get a little chilly in the winter time but even that can be beautiful. The tuition prices at the university are amazing and you get bang for your buck. Living onbcampus can be a drag, but living off campus is way better. The down town area is super close (about 6 blocks) to the university and has a variety of restaurants and small businesses. If you're looking for a school that's large enough to have lots of funding and provides an excellent education but small enough to feel at home, the University of Wyoming is a great choice.
Overall with a faculty and staff that is top notch and plenty of opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and all sports included. The weather can be unpredictable so please prepare before visiting. I have enjoyed my stay here and after four years have found plenty of fun things to do. I give the college an A.
I spent a year at this college. I loved the teachers and the size of campus. However, for some of the majors they require classes way far out of the field of interest of the major. For instance, I was a biology education major and required to take a computer programming class, a skill I would never use in the classroom or in the rest of my college career.
Growing up in Laramie, it was never really a choice if I was going to go to UW or not. They offer a great scholarship to Wyoming residents that you cannot pass up! The school has many different opportunities and the small class sizes really help each student succeed. The professors really do care about every single student.
Great school overall. The system is a little convoluted for transferring credits or switching majors but it can be done. The campus is very nice and most professors are great.
Start Your Review of University of Wyoming
All of the professors I've had are great and very understanding. They really help if you go into office hours.
I am a student at the University of Wyoming and I absolutely love it! This school is full of warm and happy people and it has a gorgeous campus. I looked into this school because of the price, and this school truly shows that you can get a quality education at a fraction of the price of other universities. Not going to lie it can get a bit cold and windy in the winter so if you are planning on choosing the University of Wyoming as your new home you might want to invest in a warm jacket.
The University of Wyoming is a wonderful unsung resource. As the only land grant university in the state, it has a surprising amount of funding that is uses reasonably well, mainly to create affordable study-abroad opportunities. Campus size is perfect, with about 10,000 students, and class sizes are on the small end, never exceeding 200. Their propensity for involving undergraduates in research of all kinds is unparalleled, and the professors' outreach is truly impressive. I became involved in research my first semester, and thanks to my professors and graduate partners I am on the path to publishing my findings in several scientific and academic journals. Campus life is vibrant without being pushy; there's plenty of opportunity to join clubs and organizations, yet if you choose not to, you're still plenty capable of finding activities. I would recommend the university to essentially all majors and interest groups.