University of Wyoming Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.99 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.102 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.102 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education115 Graduates
Business Administration and Management108 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies108 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science70 Graduates
Petroleum Engineering63 Graduates
Social Sciences60 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.127 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.160 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.71 responses
University of Wyoming Reviews
I love the classes for my major offered by the University. They are engaging with great professors that are approachable outside of lecture. The professors for the music classes are especially great and have made it easy to stay in music even as a non-music major. Getting between classes can be a little difficult as a biology music student but the campus is bike-able which helps a lot! There are so many clubs on campus it is hard to limit yourself to just a handful. I am active in two clubs but also get updates and information for another two clubs. There is lots of outdoor space for enjoying nice weather, which helps for getting out of studying slumps.
I am a student at the University of Wyoming and I absolutely love it! This school is full of warm and happy people and it has a gorgeous campus. I looked into this school because of the price, and this school truly shows that you can get a quality education at a fraction of the price of other universities. Not going to lie it can get a bit cold and windy in the winter so if you are planning on choosing the University of Wyoming as your new home you might want to invest in a warm jacket.
I didn't know squat about UW or Wyoming before a last minute decision to attend the university. I'm half way through my bachelors and I can't imagine being anywhere else! The physics and astronomy program is great, top notch, the mountains and weather are beautiful (if the latter is sometimes painful) and the costs are amazing for the quality of education you can receive.