University of Wisconsin Reviews

2,823 reviews
I loved my first year at UW-Madison! It was full of fun, adventure, lots of friendship and many many learned lessons. Aside from the great academics, there was always something to do. It was either grubbing on some food on state street, watching a movie at the marquee at union south, eating ice cream at memorial union, or enjoying the sunsets by the lake!
Although UW-Madison was great, I wished they did more to help solve the issue of sexual assault and I wished they tried harder to engage students of all backgrounds. I also wished there was more of an interaction between students of color and those who are not.
It's a school with strong academics and a fun atmosphere. I received a great education here, majoring in Wildlife Ecology, and enjoyed living in the college town of Madison.
So far my experience has been a good one. The athletics are amazing and the academics are great. This school is challenging, but if you put in the time and effort it pays off.
Review University of Wisconsin
Being a badger is quite honestly the best experience of my life. Everyone is so proud to be here and we take so much pride in our rigorous academics, but also knowing how to have fun.
Great people. Professors can be uptight and rude. My advisor was the worst she was rude, mean, be little me, and mocked me to other people. The university wouldn't do anything about it unless I got more people to back me up.
The classes are tough, but that is what you expect when you come to such a prestigious school like Wisconsin. The athletics are great and theres always something to do. The professors are all really helpful, and want their students to do well in their classes. Overall, Wisconsin has a beautiful campus and is a great school.
A lot of opportunity here. Individuals will succeed if they put themselves out there and take advantage of it.
So many opportunities and a lot of classes to pick from. A lot of variety is offered. The drinking culture can be hard to adjust to if you chose not to do it. The campus atmosphere is great, especially on game days.
It's great. The academics are high quality with professors from Harvard, Wesley, Berkeley, etc. However, the lectures can get pretty large especially in the freshman, intro classes. The language department is wonderful with small class sizes. I am taking a nine person French class right now, preparing to study abroad next year through the UW.
UW Madison is a wonderful college to attend for Undergrad. The campus is great, and there are a lot of resources for students. Plenty of libraries to study at for students that commute. Instructors in my program were great at being available for office hours and helping students out. Overall, put in a lot of work for my degree but very rewarding and worth it.
I love my experience as an undergrad at UW. The classes could be as big as 500 students. However, it what you get out of the material not the amount of students in a class. You make life long friendships.
Overall I have loved my experience at UW Madison. My dorm room could have been a bit nicer but the campus is beautiful, the classes are incredible, and the city is adorable.
I love the beautiful campus, the amazing academic opportunities, and the social scene. However, I would like to see improvements in campus safety.
University of Wisconsin-Madison is a beautiful university that offers a unique experience as a small city surrounded by nature, and with almost 30,000 undergrads, boasts unlimited potential for finding students of similar interests.

Though the student population could be much more diverse, Madison is a liberal city, where people are welcoming of those of differing backgrounds.

While courses are often difficult, they challenge and help you grow immeasurably, both as an adult and in your field of interest.

To top all this off, UW-Madison has a party and football culture that cannot be beat. On game days, students roam in red in a show of Badger Pride, and there is never an absence of parties (except, maybe, finals week).

Students have an appreciation for life that motivates them to strive for academic excellence and to spontaneously let loose with friends. This studying and partying defines what a Madison experience is all about: work hard, play hard.
UW-Madison compares to no other schools. The social life is fantastic and there is always something to do or somewhere to explore. The classes are highly involved and push you to be the best student. UW-Madison is challenging but also so rewarding. There is no other school that has students whom are this passionate about their school and campus. Everyone belongs at UW-Madison and it is truly the best college experience in the country.
I love the campus and the people who attend the university. Majority of the Professors are good, but there are a few bad ones to steer clear from. I would recommend this University to everybody.
Faculty is experienced, engaged and eager to help students fulfill their goals. Classes are challenging and the student body is both motivated and academically gifted.
Review University of Wisconsin
The professors are helpful, but challenging. You need to be sure to take the time to ask for help when you need it and be thorough with your concerns considering many of your professors will have hundreds of students.
There is something for everyone! The University of Wisconsin-Madison boasts a lot of offerings, not only in academics but in all sorts of opportunities from amazing athletic programs to a myriad of clubs to get into. To the sports enthusiast, UW-Madison has athletic programs in football, ice hockey, and basketball which are renowned regionally, if not also nationally. To the grade-A active student, UW-Madison is also a mecca of infinite opportunities, it is even somewhat of a challenge for any student to navigate the "Org Fair" which displays the many student organizations that are available on campus. Organizations are available for students who are the soon-to-be titans of energy and even for the ones who are almost certainly going to be the consulting executives of the future. No matter what you want to get yourself into, there is always something for you in the land of the Badgers.
I really liked how many opportunities that this school provides for students. There are many different organizations, classes, and different programs for us to join.