University of Wisconsin Reviews

2,850 reviews
First and foremost, I love Madison. This school is so unique and puts major effort into providing the best possible experience for the student. While every college has this agenda in mind and puts forth effort to complete Madison's effort can be seen unlike other colleges. Countless time is put into providing the best opportunities for us with special events and assemblies that can help propel us to a new step to success. It amazes me that a school is able to provide such help to the average student. I am very grateful that I was accepted to this establishment and truly see why it is such a prestigious school.
I loved the campus and working with the professors outside of the classroom in the many laboratories they have available. I would never trade anything for my experiences with my peers and academic opportunities. It was the best school for my degree and there were many organizations to join!
So much to do! You’re never bored and there’s always free food somewhere. You do sometimes just feel like a number.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. The campus provides a unique outlet for community engagement and social interaction, especially in being located at the heart of a bustling and motivated city like Madison. The campus thrives on research, which is one of the most exciting aspects of an education at the University of Wisconsin - Madison, but at times, this can be a bit discouraging. Many professors are dedicated to their research but have little time for students at the end of the day. This makes it difficult to find support, specifically from a mentorship standpoint and can take a toll on one's emotional well-being. However, the pros, most times than not, outweigh the cons and the campus more so becomes a place for self-discovery and reflection.
Overall, the campus is great. The education is top-notch and there are lots of opportunities to get involved and be an active student! The city is also a great place to find things that you enjoy.
Great Network and School. Many opportunities for involvement all around the school internal and external to your major.
UW-Madison has so much diversity and wonderful student life. With so many activities and opportunities, it is hard to not have anything to be interested in. From D1 athletics to world class education, U of Wisconsin is a wonderful place to be. Go Badgers and On Wisconsin!!
Awesome place to go to school. I love the location and the people here. There are so many great things about Madison.
As a current freshman starting out here at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, I can honestly say that this institution is one of the greatest in the nation. So far, UW Madison has been able to provide me with specific resources in achieving success in finding a major that suits me well. Additionally, the benefits for achieving a successful career path aren't the only thing that make UW Madison a great school, but the social environment is really welcoming as well. Yes, there is several selections of parties on campus, but there are definitely many other activities and organizations to join as well! The school is also a part of the Big Ten, so games are definitely very fun and rowdy when you go! Overall, my current experience as a Badger has been nothing but exceptional!
I visited University of Wisconsin with my family, and it was beyond welcoming. There was a large about of graduates still showing pride for the school they once attend. I could see how much they enjoyed the school in their earlier years. The school itself is huge and beautiful. My favorite part is the nature side of the campus where you have a perfect view of the lake. I could see myself relaxing by the water working on homework after class. On the other side of campus you get the city life. This is filled with tons of bikes,scooters, and buses. It is not too populated to where it comes off as overwhelming. Wisconsin has the perfect balance of city and nature life which is an aspect i value greatly. Besides the beautiful scenery, Wisconsin is a selective school that offers high education. The many programs and clubs it provides insure me that i will get a highly educated experience. I recommend all students looking for a bigger campus to visit Wisconsin.
Although I am only a high school senior, I have spent a lot of time at Madison. It is my #1 choice for schools. Madison is an outstanding campus with plenty to do in a welcoming community and the academics are highly above average. The school is diverse with many interests, beliefs, religions, and ethnicities. There is always someone else that has similar interests as you and majors, clubs, minors, etc. that each students will enjoy and look forward to.
While the tuition is higher than other Wisconsin state schools, it is a renowned university with incredible research and lecturers. It is also an incredible city with a lot to offer students.
UW Madison is a great place.... if you are not a student of color. As a black student it can feel so isolating here in many aspects of the college experience- from the party scene to the classroom. It needs to do a lot better for it's PoC students here.
I like how big the campus is and how there is so much to do. However, as a freshman, the campus could seem too overwhelming and the campus should make some freshman programs to connect new students to the campus and student life.
Academic-wise, this school is amazing. All the resources available for the students regarding research is outstanding. The bad thing about this university is the lack of diversity and how faculty tend to put people of color aside. I've been mistreated and treated differently just because I am latino.
UW-Madison has great academics and a lit party scene, so it's the best of both worlds! I wish the student body had more diversity though, 20% students of color isn't swell at a school that has so many students, so I'd love to see those numbers go up. But otherwise, not too many complaints.
Absolutely LOVE going the UW Madison. It is in a fantastic location and has everything you could want from great academics to a fun social atmosphere.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin
The large-scale setting of UW-Madison makes for a poor undergraduate experience. I barely connected with students and professors-- not because of a lack of effort, but because the environment didn't allow me to see them enough to form a strong relationship.
I love UW-Madison! It's a very large campus with lots of new student organizations and opportunities available to students. Even though it's a large school, you still have the opportunity to get 1 on 1 advising with many of the professors.
I unfortunately had the rotten luck of going through a presidential election as a republican (not a fun of Trump, though) on an extremely liberal campus. For this reason, it did not seem welcoming, and actually a bit discriminatory. Although this was a rough time for the entire campus, getting spit on and called white trash was not the highlight of my time there. The professor are extremely wonderful, though. At sporting events, everyone bonds together, and there is always so many great activities to do on campus.